PDA

View Full Version : Crate V33 head?

TS808
March 5th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I'm seeing a few of these heads still showing up at blowout prices on ebay and other sites. These are the ones made in Vietnam.

It's probably WAY too much amp for me at 30 watts class A, but I was wondering if anyone tried one and what they thought?

Robert
March 5th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I tried one and hated it. The clean tone was good but the distortion channel was hapless and pitiable. Look elsewhere.

kiteman
March 6th, 2009, 07:33 AM
I'm seeing a few of these heads still showing up at blowout prices on ebay and other sites. These are the ones made in Vietnam.

It's probably WAY too much amp for me at 30 watts class A, but I was wondering if anyone tried one and what they thought?

Seeing what good amps you got in your sig I wouldn't worry about that crate head. ;)

TS808
March 6th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Seeing what good amps you got in your sig I wouldn't worry about that crate head. ;)

I know...I really am not looking right now, but I'm seeing them priced so low new on ebay, it's tempting.

TS808
March 6th, 2009, 07:37 AM
I tried one and hated it. The clean tone was good but the distortion channel was hapless and pitiable. Look elsewhere.

That's kind of what I figured...I heard these amps are very dark/bassy sounding too which really is not what I want anyway.

kiteman
March 6th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I know...I really am not looking right now, but I'm seeing them priced so low new on ebay, it's tempting.

The new low low prices scares me that I'm tempted to run. :)