PDA

View Full Version : Got a Fulltone OCD!

R.B. Huckleberry
March 6th, 2009, 10:06 AM
i purchased a V.4 OCD last week. I have long been an advocate for the Boss Blues Driver and other "off the shelf"/mass-produced dirt boxes, not quite buying in to the "boo-teek" hype. The OCD, however, has had my attention for over 2 years now. I finally caved & bought one from an online merchant.

Wow. I can't believe I put this off for that long. Many of the soundclips I'd been listening to, as well as video reviews, were spot on. You can get a mid-driven Marshall sound, or set it to let the true sound of your guitar & amp come through...but waaaaaaay dirtier!

Believe the hype on this one, folks!

Ro3b
March 9th, 2009, 12:14 PM
High five. I love my OCD. It's a tremendously versatile and responsive pedal.

R.B. Huckleberry
March 22nd, 2009, 06:46 AM
I love the OCD so much, I bought a 2nd as back up. I just don't want to ever be in a situation where I don't have one handy. LOL!

Gutmann
March 22nd, 2009, 07:11 AM
What Version(s) of the OCD do you use, Huckleberry?
Never heard any other than v3, is the v4 much different?

Cheers Uli

ZMAN
March 22nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
I have several fulltone pedals. I really like the OCD and the Fulldrive II. I have the Fat Boost as well as the Mini deja vibe. The only pedal I did not like was the distortion pedal it was very noisey compared to there other pedals.
I always have them on when I am playing. As far as the Marshall tone goes, I didn't realize that was what the OCD was giving me until I bought my DSL 401. Now through the clean channel the OCD and Fulldrive sound amazing using my 2/12 Avatar cab. They are truly worth the extra money.

R.B. Huckleberry
March 23rd, 2009, 05:28 AM
What Version(s) of the OCD do you use, Huckleberry?
Never heard any other than v3, is the v4 much different?

Cheers Uli

Hi Uli,

I'm using the v4 version (both of mine are that version). I haven't used a v3 in person, so I can't speak with authority abot the differences.

markb
March 23rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
There's a lot of debate about OCD versions. Here's one.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?p=5620204

kelsmca
March 24th, 2009, 05:47 PM
yes the ocd is the most dynamic pedal i have used to date great with 18 volts runnig through it as for the differences between these pedals there is a demo on you tube done by gearmandude it compares all 4 later

schenkadere
March 26th, 2009, 09:32 AM
i purchased a V.4 OCD last week. I have long been an advocate for the Boss Blues Driver and other "off the shelf"/mass-produced dirt boxes, not quite buying in to the "boo-teek" hype. The OCD, however, has had my attention for over 2 years now. I finally caved & bought one from an online merchant.

Wow. I can't believe I put this off for that long. Many of the soundclips I'd been listening to, as well as video reviews, were spot on. You can get a mid-driven Marshall sound, or set it to let the true sound of your guitar & amp come through...but waaaaaaay dirtier!

Believe the hype on this one, folks!

Had the v3 and v4...returned them both...too raw and fizzy for my taste.

R.B. Huckleberry
March 26th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Had the v3 and v4...returned them both...too raw and fizzy for my taste.

Raw maybe. I don't hear fuzzy with mine.

Robert
March 26th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I got one too, but mine is called Danelectro Cool Cat Drive (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-Cool-Cat-Series-CO1-Drive-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=482323). ;) :D

markb
March 26th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I got one too, but mine is called Danelectro Cool Cat Drive (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-Cool-Cat-Series-CO1-Drive-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=482323). ;) :D

Funny you should mention that ;) .

Here's Gearmandude's vid of all 4 OCD versions in a line. They just seem to get brighter as the version no. goes up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnPzxj5MJR8

schenkadere
March 27th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Raw maybe. I don't hear fuzzy with mine.

Hi end fizzy...not fuzzy. LOL.

schenkadere
March 27th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Hi Uli,

I'm using the v4 version (both of mine are that version). I haven't used a v3 in person, so I can't speak with authority abot the differences.

V4 seems to pick up the mids a bit and evened it out...the V3 was low end heavy...IMO. I liked the V4 better.

R.B. Huckleberry
March 29th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Hi end fizzy...not fuzzy. LOL.

I meant fizzy. Damned Blackberry keys were too close together. LOL!

schenkadere
March 30th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I meant fizzy. Damned Blackberry keys were too close together. LOL!

Fuzzy might actually be cool.:bravo:

R.B. Huckleberry
March 30th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Fuzzy might actually be cool.:bravo:

Well, it isn't either. And I'm not saying what "either" is, either. :D

schenkadere
March 31st, 2009, 07:07 AM
Well, it isn't either. And I'm not saying what "either" is, either. :D

This pedal is an enigma.:master: