PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Savings Time

piebaldpython
March 6th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Daylight Savings Time starts this weekend for MOST Americans. When you go to bed on Saturday nite, set your clock one hour AHEAD (SPRING ahead, FALL back). There are a few areas in the USA that don't do DST......somewhere in Arizona I believe, maybe a town or two in Ohio and/or Indiana. :D
Our European Fretters don't switch to DSY until the last weekend in March.

R_of_G
March 6th, 2009, 01:43 PM
One of the only times when time travel is possible. :D

bigoldron
March 6th, 2009, 03:28 PM

We used to have a bus station here and being only 35 miles from Dothan AL, which is in Central Standard Time and we're in Eastern Standard Time. The time for departure sheet would show "leaving at 3 p.m. - arriving at 2:45 p.m." Our running joke was that "man, I'd like to see that thing take off!" :rotflmao:

aeolian
March 6th, 2009, 03:47 PM

I once crossed the International Dateline going west to east on a boat and got to re-do a whole day over. And it was nothing like the movie "Groundhog Day."

just strum
March 6th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Daylight Savings Time starts this weekend for MOST Americans. When you go to bed on Saturday nite, set your clock one hour AHEAD (SPRING ahead, FALL back). There are a few areas in the USA that don't do DST......somewhere in Arizona I believe, maybe a town or two in Ohio and/or Indiana. :D
Our European Fretters don't switch to DSY until the last weekend in March.

Arizona (with the exception of the Navajo Nation) and Hawaii and the territories of Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa are the only places in the U.S. that do not observe DST but instead stay on "standard time" all year long. And if you've spent any time in the sweltering summer sun in those regions you can understand why residents don't need another hour of sunlight.