PDA

View Full Version : Gallien Krueger 250ML-2 Question

tonym
March 8th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Anyone have any experience with these amps. I have one it's ~22 years old. Just did a refoam job on the speakers, and on rebuild I've lost the left channel. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and can give me some hints on what to look for to correct the problem.
Thanks
-Tony

tunghaichuan
March 8th, 2009, 10:28 PM
I've owned a couple over the last 20 years. Cool amps. I hope to own a 250RL (head version) one day.

Did the left channel work before the recone?

IIRC, mine had speaker outs for use with external cabs. Do you have a speaker cab to check the amp with?

tung

Anyone have any experience with these amps. I have one it's ~22 years old. Just did a refoam job on the speakers, and on rebuild I've lost the left channel. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and can give me some hints on what to look for to correct the problem.
Thanks
-Tony

tonym
March 9th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Hi Tung,
Thanks for the reply. I haven't used the amp in a few years, it was tucked away, and I didn't fire it up prior to the refoam job I did, the speakers were in far to bad shape. I don't have a cabinet, but I'm going to hook up some headphones tonight to see if I get both channels, the headphone circuit is cut into the standard circuit. Mine is a Mark2 so it has the external speaker outs, and switch, just nothing to hook to it right now. I'll let you know how the phones test goes. I'm hoping it's something simple that I'm missing.
-Tony

I've owned a couple over the last 20 years. Cool amps. I hope to own a 250RL (head version) one day.

Did the left channel work before the recone?

IIRC, mine had speaker outs for use with external cabs. Do you have a speaker cab to check the amp with?

tung

Spudman
March 9th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Man this is a trip down memory lane. I was on the road for some time with another guitarist that used one plugged into a Marshall cabinet. It did the job all right but the amp has a distinctive sound that I'll forever associate with 80s metal. The thing was bomb proof but the speakers in the unit surely didn't fare well when the unit was turned up. It roared through the Marshall cab though.

tonym
March 9th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I really hope I can get it figured out, or find someone who can. I love this amp. You're absolutely right hook it up to 2 external 4x12 cabs and it's got one of the best sounds of a trans amp I've ever heard.

Man this is a trip down memory lane. I was on the road for some time with another guitarist that used one plugged into a Marshall cabinet. It did the job all right but the amp has a distinctive sound that I'll forever associate with 80s metal. The thing was bomb proof but the speakers in the unit surely didn't fare well when the unit was turned up. It roared through the Marshall cab though.