PDA

View Full Version : Fender Consumer Relations - A quick story

tremoloman
July 19th, 2006, 01:09 PM
I have a story about FMIC Consumer Relations Department I would like to share with you.

I purchased a brand new American Vintage ’62 Reissue Jazzmaster in February of 2005. I had been content with it until a few months ago when the bridge pickup suddenly died on me during a gig for no apparent reason. I took it to my local authorized Fender dealer the next day and they concluded the pickup was indeed defective. Upon further inspection it was discovered that the wiring had been given a shoddy job. 3 connections were found clinging onto their respective components by a single thread of wire with barely a drop of solder. I felt this did not demonstrate the high level of quality we have all come to expect from American Fender products.

I was told I'd be held accountable for repairing it since I couldn't provide my sales reciept. (I bought it online so I never got one on paper). I asked my dealer to order a replacement pickup at my own cost ASAP. Two months later there was still no sign of the pickup. Growing anxious and upset I decided to write Fender with my dissatisfaction.

I proceeded to write a formal letter of complaint to FMIC Consumer Relations Department and submitted it to them last Friday. The very next morning the pickup I had been waiting for came in stock. This turned out to be coincidence, so I felt this was the end of my dispute and I was going to let it go from there.

Today I was stunned to receive a phone call from a Fender Customer Relations representative asking to speak to me directly. The gentlemen I spoke with was friendly and seemed genuine in addressing my concerns. I mentioned that many Fender owners have been unhappy with the long waiting periods for genuine Fender parts and accessories. I mentioned a few stories including the 6 months wait I endured last summer for a set of tuners only to be disappointed when I was shipped the wrong set. The representative acknowledged the situation has been due to lack of dependability from their suppliers. He stated Fender plans to switch suppliers and make sweeping changes to prevent incidents such as these in the near future.

To show gratitude for my troubles, he offered to send me some free goodies to ease the suffering I went through. Talk about cool! Now I know first hand why my local dealer maintains Fender is the best guitar company out there today. I felt a great amount of respect to have someone stop and take the time to return my correspondence over the telephone rather than sending a bland impersonal generic reply via email. To receive the attention of such a large corporation as Fender was a breath of fresh air.

It was a refreshing experience to learn there are still a few American companies who care about their customers concerns. I have since got my Jazzmaster pickup installed and it is as good as new!

kerc
July 19th, 2006, 01:17 PM
I wanna know what were the free goodies. :D

Bloozcat
July 19th, 2006, 07:57 PM
A little bit of customer service goes a long way. It's a shame that more companies don't understand this.

tremoloman
July 19th, 2006, 10:50 PM
I don't know what goodies I was sent Kerc, but I will let you know once they come in. I was really in shock to see they truly cared about my situation. Fender people are good people!

Iago
July 20th, 2006, 10:24 AM
now the goodies will take 6 months to arrive, I can see that..! :D

tremoloman
July 20th, 2006, 10:45 AM
now the goodies will take 6 months to arrive, I can see that..! :DOMG that is too funny! Now if that happened I'd have to change my comments!

Spudman
July 20th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Even worse...they'll probably be the wrong goodies!:D ROFLMAO

tremoloman
August 2nd, 2006, 08:32 AM
Ok, I got my goodies! Here's what they sent me:

Fender 60th Anniversary T-Shirt ($17.99)

http://www.fenderusa.com/prodpics/0998014406_md.jpg

Fender 60th Anniversary Guitar Strap ($39.99 value)

http://img3.guitarcenter.com/dbase/pics/products/0/1/9/387019.jpg

Fender 60th Anniversary Cap ($16.99)

http://www.fenderusa.com/prodpics/0998036006_md.jpg

I'm very impressed and happier than ever to be a Fender fanatic!

Tone2TheBone
August 2nd, 2006, 09:06 AM
Hey buddy can I have the cap huh huh huh?! :)

duhvoodooman
August 2nd, 2006, 10:04 AM
Screw the cap--gimme one of those snazzy straps! Cool goods, Trem! :cool:

SuperSwede
August 2nd, 2006, 11:53 AM
Very nice strap T-man! :)