PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Sounding Compressor ...

Blaze
March 9th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I ve been lookin at compressor havin some occasional country gigs up coming but it seems that they re pretty much all tone suckers and pretty noisy ..
This one here ,Comp 66,sounds pretty good ,''but it s a studio clip, Hum hum'' .
Have you guys find the holly grail one ..

aEhZBfdVeac&feature

piebaldpython
March 9th, 2009, 08:56 AM
DVM has a 5 knob BYOC compressor that he has made for a couple of Fretters; Andy and Hubberjub I think. From all reports, they are very happy with it.

birv2
March 9th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I've tried several and have found the Rocktron Big Crush to be quiet and good value for money. Got mine for about $39 new.

Bob

schenkadere
March 27th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Find a DOD FX80-B on eBay...subtle compression, amazing sustain and comparably quiet. A sleeper of a pedal. You won't be disappointed. Note: not for the country, chicken pickers out there, but a great addition to a good OD or distortion and also great for evening out your clean playing without sounding overly compressed.

tunghaichuan
March 27th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Find a DOD FX80-B on eBay...subtle compression, amazing sustain and comparably quiet. A sleeper of a pedal. You won't be disappointed. Note: not for the country, chicken pickers out there, but a great addition to a good OD or distortion and also great for evening out your clean playing without sounding overly compressed.

+1 Excellent pedal. Very subtle.

For the chicken pickers, get the Boss CS-3.

tung