PDA

View Full Version : Washburn HB30 Semi-Hollow Body ?

snarph
March 9th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Hey there a re a lot of Wahsburn fans here what do any of you think of this model ?

just strum
March 9th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Hey there a re a lot of Wahsburn fans here what do any of you think of this model ?

I've never owned one, but I always heard good things about them. Is it a new or used one that you are considering?

snarph
March 9th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I've never owned one, but I always heard good things about them. Is it a new or used one that you are considering?

Lightly used with a hard case

just strum
March 9th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Lightly used with a hard case

I think Shiner had one until recently. I know all of the guys on the electric side at Washburn liked them. They would do mods to it, but they would mod an $8,000 Gibson if they had one.

I'm not familiar with pricing, so I'm not sure what is a good deal. Is it an ebay/craiglist/local shop or...?

snarph
March 9th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I think Shiner had one until recently. I know all of the guys on the electric side at Washburn liked them. They would do mods to it, but they would mod an $8,000 Gibson if they had one.

I'm not familiar with pricing, so I'm not sure what is a good deal. Is it an ebay/craiglist/local shop or...?

Another forum I frequent It looks fairly decent I have only tried the delta blues models and even they were not that bad for a bolt on neck

just strum
March 9th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Another forum I frequent It looks fairly decent I have only tried the delta blues models and even they were not that bad for a bolt on neck

Go over to the Washburn electric section and do a search in the electric section. You might be able to get some good info. Did you try Harmony Central?

luvmyshiner
March 9th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Mine was an OE-30. Price was right at about $150 new when I bought it, but with all of CB's sweet electrics around for me to use, I couldn't justify spending money swapping out the pickups for something decent.

snarph
March 9th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Go over to the Washburn electric section and do a search in the electric section. You might be able to get some good info. Did you try Harmony Central?

Have not hit the washburn forum but did check harmony central

t_ross33
March 9th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Got it. Like it. Although my Gretsch has found it's way into my #1 slot ;)

Probably won't be getting rid of my HB-30 anytime soon. Good for bluesy/jazzy stuff, classic country pickin' and can rawk pretty heavey too. Not a shredder's guitar, but I wouldn't think a semi-hollow would be :D

tjcurtin1
March 10th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I've got one that I really like, tho I don't mainly play electric. (See my avatar - mine's a DL model in amber yellow). I was looking at the OS bolt-on neck (Delta Blues, I think?) cousin when I discovered these. The stock pickups are pretty hot when cranked up, and can give a nice crunch, or you can get nice clean tones. It feels nice and plays nice, and has a nice slim neck - with lots of frets available, given the cutaway and the attachment to the body way up.

just strum
March 10th, 2009, 05:53 PM

If you don't get this one, also consider an Epi Dot. You can pick up some good deals on a used one. My Dot is the least expensive of my guitars, but remains my favorite.

Rocket
March 11th, 2009, 06:52 AM
My Dot is the least expensive of my guitars...
Really?

just strum
March 11th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Really?

I state that in new price value. It is still the one I enjoy playing the most.

Rocket
March 11th, 2009, 06:56 PM
I state that in new price value.
You wouldn't get an argument from me about that.
Beats me why anyone would pass up a brand-new, quality-built, full-featured 335/Dot for $399 (Studio model $299)?

Epidots for everyone!

tot_Ou_tard
March 11th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Epidots for everyone!
Why thanks Rocket..*blush*

What's the tracking #?

just strum
March 11th, 2009, 07:20 PM

What's the tracking #?

Well, he has one down and a lot to go.

Rocket
March 11th, 2009, 07:59 PM

What's the tracking #?
Sorry, offer does not apply to off-world destinations!

bigoldron
March 11th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Sorry, offer does not apply to off-world destinations!

How about Georgia?

Rocket
March 12th, 2009, 12:58 AM
How about Georgia?
Sorry, couldn't find zip code for "SW".

bigoldron
March 12th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Sorry, couldn't find zip code for "SW".

If you need specifics, then "39845"! :D

Rocket
March 12th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Man, you're right next to Florabama.

just strum
March 12th, 2009, 06:05 PM
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/CounterfeitGibsons/

bigoldron
March 12th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Man, you're right next to Florabama.

Yep! We're the southwest corner of the state. And, if you know anything about the "2 Georgias" (Atlanta and everything else), you'll understand why I affectionately call our area the "butt end of the state"... :rotflmao:

One advantage is that Panama City's only 100 miles away, which makes the wife and kiddies happy. And the weather's about the same as Florida. We are seeing a lot of former Florida retirees moving into our area. We have a well-known bass fishing lake (Lake Seminole) at the South end of the county and it has really experienced a LOT of growth in the last few years. Mostly, it has been relocated FL retirees. It's helped the tax base, but made lake property values sky rocket.

Anyway, we like it here. It IS home after all.