PDA

View Full Version : for a special person

Childbride
March 9th, 2009, 08:30 PM
i've been dying to play.

having a baby around the house that takes your attention 24-7 keeps one from playing.

we take turns taking care of the puppy. she's getting more autonomous, but is still a total and complete handful.

shiner played with her in the backyard tonight so i could practice.

i had the asat in my lap, and played my lesson, greedily,

then picked up my augusta.

i'm working on a song for gram. i want to sing and play it for her in the next 2 weeks.

gram fell this weekend. broke her wrist and stove up her back. and i hear all these stories about [her/his downfall started with a fall... she/he just never was the same after that] and i'm thinking impractically... katie was never going to die on me. and she did. mortality pounds in my ears like my heartbeat.

the love in that song... a simple song. [staind... tangled up in you... it's been in my head since her 90th bday party last year]

do you have a song that you practiced and practiced, wanting to share it with someone special to you?

Spudman
March 9th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I wrote something special for Tanya Belt when I was a kid. When she wouldn't let me have my reward for such a beautiful song and delivery I dumped her and found someone else. Rejection of a song is a funny thing...and yes, guys are strange.:)

Bloozcat
March 10th, 2009, 07:06 AM
i'm working on a song for gram. i want to sing and play it for her in the next 2 weeks.

gram fell this weekend. broke her wrist and stove up her back. and i hear all these stories about [her/his downfall started with a fall... she/he just never was the same after that] and i'm thinking impractically... katie was never going to die on me. and she did. mortality pounds in my ears like my heartbeat.

the love in that song... a simple song. [staind... tangled up in you... it's been in my head since her 90th bday party last year]

do you have a song that you practiced and practiced, wanting to share it with someone special to you?

Been through that...just in the past 3-weeks.

My wife and I have been looking after an elderly woman (Betty) who's been in frail health for a couple of years now. Despite our admonishions, Betty insisted on smoking cigarettes...up 'til 3-weeks ago. We had suspected that she either had early stage emphyzema or possibly cancer, but she was too stubborn to even talk about it, and didn't want to go through treatments if she did have cancer.

Well, three weeks ago Betty fell...

She fractured her hip and pelvis in 4-5 places, and the doctor said her bones were so bad that there was no way that they would take the pins necessary to help the bones mend. The doctor said the bones were like cardboard. It was during this process that we found out that Betty had in fact, been diagnosed with neuroendocrine cancer some months before, and that it likely had matastacized throughout her body.

Within a short three weeks, Betty went from the hospital, to Hospice, to home with a 24 nurse. Betty died this past weekend. She would have been 81 yesterday...

"...mortality pounds in my ears like my heartbeat..."

Finish learning the song soon CB...play it and sing it for gram...she'll love it more than you can know...

street music
March 10th, 2009, 08:15 PM
CB, I agree with Bloozcat. We need to say what we can while the living are with us. I'm not big on bragging on someone when they are gone from us unless I did it to their face when living. We all have loved ones who can never hear enough of "I LOVE YOU" and the reasons why.

Childbride
March 10th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Been through that...just in the past 3-weeks.

My wife and I have been looking after an elderly woman (Betty) who's been in frail health for a couple of years now. Despite our admonishions, Betty insisted on smoking cigarettes...up 'til 3-weeks ago. We had suspected that she either had early stage emphyzema or possibly cancer, but she was too stubborn to even talk about it, and didn't want to go through treatments if she did have cancer.

Well, three weeks ago Betty fell...

She fractured her hip and pelvis in 4-5 places, and the doctor said her bones were so bad that there was no way that they would take the pins necessary to help the bones mend. The doctor said the bones were like cardboard. It was during this process that we found out that Betty had in fact, been diagnosed with neuroendocrine cancer some months before, and that it likely had matastacized throughout her body.

Within a short three weeks, Betty went from the hospital, to Hospice, to home with a 24 nurse. Betty died this past weekend. She would have been 81 yesterday...

"...mortality pounds in my ears like my heartbeat..."

Finish learning the song soon CB...play it and sing it for gram...she'll love it more than you can know...

i know the song cold, i just goof up every now and then trying to sing and switch chords on the bridge. kinda like patting your head and rubbing your stomach simultaneously.

i can't get down this week b/c of staffing issues with work, but i will definitely get down next week.

and i will sing for her as long as she can stand it. ;)

blooz... good on you for taking care of another. if every person in the world did that... just one...

k

wingsdad
March 10th, 2009, 08:46 PM
CB, I agree with Bloozcat. We need to say what we can while the living are with us. ... We all have loved ones who can never hear enough of "I LOVE YOU" and the reasons why.

There are no truer words than those, Street.:beer:

In our family, no parting - none - whether from the quickest of phone calls or shortest of visits - goes without saying those 3 little words to each other. It's just the way it is for us. We may not always verbalize the reasons why, but we know we will remember, and be remembered for, what we mean to each other.

cb, you may stumble here & there as you practice that song until you get to sing it for gram, but when she hears it coming from your heart, you will perform it flawlessly to her ears.;)

Bloozcat
March 11th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Don't worry about making mistakes, CB. Don't "think" it too much, just feel it from your heart and it'll sound better than you've ever done it before...:AOK: .

Childbride
March 15th, 2009, 06:25 PM
i'm packing up Maggie and two guitars... i have to go TCB wolfhound style this week.

i'm going to be out of pocket for awhile.

but gram will hear her song. and i will play until i can play no more.

oldguy
March 15th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Godspeed and a ton of mojo to you, CB.:)

kiteman
March 16th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Don't worry about making mistakes, CB. Don't "think" it too much, just feel it from your heart and it'll sound better than you've ever done it before...:AOK: .

Ditto. :beer:

What's more fun than to play for your loved ones? :AOK:

Childbride
March 18th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Godspeed and a ton of mojo to you, CB.:)

thank you. it was one of the hardest 72 hours i've done since daddy died, and i'm going to have to go back down, i know, soon.

i had to come home and crash.

but i sang and played for her. and she loved it. and when i go back down, i will do another round.

i think she was tickled meeting her namesake. Maggie was very protective, and knew she wasn't well. every time someone came by to visit/check on her, she told them that Mags was named after her. :)

street music
March 18th, 2009, 06:05 PM
CB, I wish your Granny the best, and Mag too. Be strong and keep those memories growing.