PDA

View Full Version : Mr Mister - great 80s band

Robert
March 9th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Ok, I have to tell you a secret. I was a huge, huge fan of Mr Mister when I was young. I rediscovered them recently and I fond memories come back to me. I still love these songs! Great arrangements and melodies. I dig those great sounding synthesizers too. The guitar player also have some great chorusy sounds, and great effects. Their 3rd album (in my opinion their best - the sound, production and songs are all fantastic) Go On, didn't sell so well, so the record company dumped them and the band split up. I believe they recorded another album before the broke up, but it has never been published. However, they created some great music in the short time the band existed.

Richard Page was the driving force in the band, I believe. He just recently put up a page (http://www.richardpagemusic.com/) where he talks about coming out with more music online. He is a great songwriter and great vocalist.

Check the related links in youtube - there's some great live performances from South America available.

Kyrie
txUe9qvbvzM

Broken Wings
aWyeVfuolT4

Is It Love
F-4vA2mxDc4

Stand and Deliver
cNSJTcm970A

Power Over Me
IXmLq-FcaHU

ted s
March 10th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Ok, 3 demerit points for liking it, another 2 for admitting it.

R_of_G
March 10th, 2009, 06:06 AM
I'll actually give Robert credit for admitting he likes them. Honesty is always admirable. They were popular when I was in high school but I never quite understood why. They just weren't my thing.

Robert
March 10th, 2009, 06:39 AM
I still like them. :)

marnold
March 10th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Believe it or don't, I, despite being Capt. Headbanger, had "Welcome to the Real World" on tape. Of course, I had Madonna's "True Blue" as well. Both of those albums I left back in the mid-80s.

Their lead singer/bass player got my looking at Yamaha basses back in the day.

Nothing wrong with having a "guilty pleasure" band like this. Rick Springfield remains my weakness. For some reason, if I'm almost home and "Jessie's Girl" comes on, I'll keep driving. Vixen is that way too. Although with Madonna and Vixen I can assume that my interest was at least partially cleavage-related.

Robert
March 10th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I don't feel guilty about it though. I think it's good music and I learned a lot from this. I feel much more guilty for listening to Twisted Sister or WASP when I was a kid... those bands weren't playing what I would call music.

SuperSwede
March 10th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Heh... and WHATS wrong with Twisted Sister?????? I still dig some of their songs :)

Robert
March 10th, 2009, 11:49 AM
SS, you need to get out more... :D

tunghaichuan
March 10th, 2009, 12:14 PM
I feel much more guilty for listening to Twisted Sister or WASP when I was a kid... those bands weren't playing what I would call music.

I don't know Robert, I was listening to a WASP album the other day, and it really cracked me up. Not great music, but highy entertaining to me. :AOK:

tung

tunghaichuan
March 10th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Heh... and WHATS wrong with Twisted Sister?????? I still dig some of their songs :)

Me, too SS. Plus they had Niedermeyer in their "We're Not Gonna Take It" video :AOK:

tung

R_of_G
March 10th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Me, too SS. Plus they had Niedermeyer in their "We're Not Gonna Take It" video :AOK:

That was the last thing I remember seeing him in until he turned up as "The Maestro" on Seinfeld.

SuperSwede
March 10th, 2009, 01:57 PM
SS, you need to get out more... :D

I dont....dont... dont like the outside... theres so many...people...there..