PDA

View Full Version : Clapton (and Bramhall)

thekiwidisciple
March 10th, 2009, 12:36 AM
I'm so pumped...I'll be leaving in one hour for Rod Laver Arena, where I will be going to see Eric Clapton with Doyle Bramhall II. I must sound like a little schoolgirl! I haven't been to a concert in nearly two years, though.

Review (and possibly pics) to follow.:bravo:

Robert
March 10th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Great! Review and pics expected... :)

I bet that will be a great concert.

just strum
March 10th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Until your return:

E7vImjEQDVc&feature=related

oldguy
March 11th, 2009, 07:10 AM
So, was it awesome?

ZMAN
March 11th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I have seen a lot of them lately, on DVD. I have both the crossroads DVDs and the Mr. Johnson DVD and CD. Bramhall is basically in Clapton's band now.
They seem to feed off each other and complement each other very well.

thekiwidisciple
March 13th, 2009, 12:21 AM
You know...I was really too pumped to take pictures. I totally forgot!

The concert itself was beyond anything I've ever seen. Clapton and Bramhall were just on fire and were constantly dueling and upstaging each other. You know I really don't have much of a review, but all I can say is that it was awesome. The sound and the band were amazing...few mistakes and such but it was all laughed off. The only thing bad was that the volume was kinda low. And the bloody vodkas were $9 each!

oldguy
March 13th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Well, that was sort of a review...........and at least we now know how much bloody vodka's cost. :D

Suhnton
March 13th, 2009, 08:29 AM
You know...I was really too pumped to take pictures. I totally forgot!

The concert itself was beyond anything I've ever seen. Clapton and Bramhall were just on fire and were constantly dueling and upstaging each other. You know I really don't have much of a review, but all I can say is that it was awesome. The sound and the band were amazing...few mistakes and such but it was all laughed off. The only thing bad was that the volume was kinda low. And the bloody vodkas were $9 each!

I thought you'd be drinking VB's by now.

ZMAN
March 13th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Probably half of the price was going to Clapton's Crossroads center in Antigua, for alcoholic musicians. What about us alcoholic fans! It is kind of funny that both the Crossroads concerts in aid of his charity showed people in the audience dancing with their beers in hand.
Still one of my favourite musicians.

thekiwidisciple
March 13th, 2009, 10:18 PM
I thought you'd be drinking VB's by now.
Not a chance! I do like beer, but it's got to be Carlton Cold. VB is overrated crap!

ZMAN
March 14th, 2009, 07:47 AM
OK guys, I guess Carlton is a brand of beer but what is a VB?

thekiwidisciple
March 14th, 2009, 05:21 PM
VB = Victoria Bitter.