PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Vox amp deal

Duff49
March 11th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Look at this awesome deal. This is incredible compared to the Fender Blues Jr. I was looking at for so much money. This isn't that much more and has got to be an AWESOME amp:

Copied from Dr. Morbius on Harmony Central forum:

VOX AC50 CP2 Classic Plus Guitar Combo Amplifier 2x12 Inch, 50 Watts at American Musical Supply for $650. This is a pre-order!! The price on these at most other places is 1 large. Nothing like saving $350 for waiting a few weeks.

Show Fender who's in charge and spend the extra 50 smackers to get this over the paltry Blues Junior that is going to need a speaker upgrade anyway.

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo120/Duff-B/1-18-09/p43844.jpg

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo120/Duff-B/1-18-09/p43844-1.jpg

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo120/Duff-B/1-18-09/ART300-BNC-1-1.jpg

I was going to buy a Blues Junior new and decided to buy a new old stock Marshall MG15CDR which is a great bedroom amp with emulated line out, super great FFD overdrive and clean channels and a great actual spring reverb, not digital. I compared it to a really jam packed Peavey Vypyr 15, which had a whole lot of great tones and sounds, but had a bad rattling loose something by the control board and had absolutely no back, not even visible bracing, looked cheap, way too many leds, lit up like a Christmas tree on "Christmas Vacation". Some good sounds though.

Then I plugged into the Marshall MG15CDR I asked the salesman to set up next ot it.

Instantly I knew that the tone on the Marshall was in another ball field. Plus the Marshall is an '06 New Old Stock, brand new and has the warranty where the used one just like it didn't for just a few more dollars. Decided on the new one. Sounds great with all my guitars and I'm partial to my new Ibanez "Swamp Water" ART 300, a great guitar I got from the same place out the door for 294 brand new.

If I go for a Vypyr it will be one of the bigger ones, but look at this VOX. For the price of a tube Vypyr you could have this awesome VOX.

Am I missing something?

Glad I didn't spend all that money on a new Blues Junior, no doubt a great little amp, but for a little more you can get this AC50.

I was amazed and thought some of you guys here might be interested.

Also, todays MF stupid deal is a great Schecter FR bridge Sunset, reverse stock twin humbucker diamond series semi strat style hot rodded guitar for 179 if you didn't see it yet. Could be good for some one.

Dufy
Winfield, Pa.

markb
March 11th, 2009, 02:33 PM
The AC50 is more Marshally than Voxy. Not a criticism, just don't expect Vox Class A tones from it. Personally I'd find a Blues Junior more useful. A 50w 2x12 is just too much amp for me these days and I'm a Fender user at heart. Amazing deal if you're in that market, though!

tot_Ou_tard
March 11th, 2009, 05:58 PM
50 watts?!?

Man I'd keep that suckah...pennied. Maybe even haepennied.

ZMAN
March 11th, 2009, 07:28 PM
My guitar tech has two of them. He sold his Marshalls and is using them in his band. I asked about them being Chinese and he said he only had one input jack fail and that was an easy fix. He manages a store and could have the pick of any and he took the Vox. I almost bought one and they were 1200 Can.

just strum
March 11th, 2009, 07:32 PM
50 watts?!?

Man I'd keep that suckah...pennied. Maybe even haepennied.

Maybe 1/10 of a Peso

Duff49
March 12th, 2009, 02:14 AM
TAlk about bang for the buck: more like a nuclear detonation.

Only one fifty more than a Blues Junior, that's amazing. Plus it is supposed to have the new drive channel that is modern tone. It is different from the
AC30 by quite a margin but retains a lot of the characteristics of the clean channel, if I recall what I read correctly. So it's probably big time overdriveable and classic clean.

The guy got rid of his Marshalls, that says something right their and he has access to a lot of amps.

American musical supply was the place that had them for preorder at 650. No affltn.

I'm not going for one right now, but I think it makes a lot of sense. My old Valvestate VS30R practice amp was made in England and is in mint condition. It is a neat little solid state amp. I didn't realize until today that it was made in England, I thought it was made in Asia for sure, no question. There goes the assuming thing again. I wonder if it is any better built than the new Marshall MG series amps made in Vietnam?

Duffy

tot_Ou_tard
March 12th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Maybe 1/10 of a Peso
That'd be decipesoed.

Rock on brutha!