PDA

View Full Version : Gig tomorrow with Jaron

Robert
March 13th, 2009, 09:28 AM
with my pal Jaron. Should be interesting. We are playing a bunch of his originals, and it's just him and myself. He plays piano on some songs and acoustic guitar on others. Not jamming this time, it's a more structured show.

I'm using all my gadgets and stuff to make it sound varied. I'll be playing slide, using lots of delay to make a big sound, volume pedal for swells, fat distorted sounds on some songs, clean blues licks on others, vibe, tremolo, chorus etc. Using my whole arsenal! :dude: Just a lot of variation so that it will hopefully sound varied and professional. I'm little nervous, because this time, I have a HUGE role in our overall sound. We have made up several arrangements for the tunes this week. I just hope I remember them all when the time comes... :pancake:

oldguy
March 13th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Well, good luck, and remember you'll play better if you relax, sound better, too. :)

Robert
March 15th, 2009, 09:12 AM
It was a success and I had a blast. I got some great, great tones out my Suhr and the amp tonight was the Hellhound, for portability purposes. People were standing up at the end demanding we play more. I have never received so much praise after a gig before. Incredible. A lady came up and said my guitar tone was so rich and wondered how I got such great tone!

I think we were playing for a definite music crowd. They were there for the music, and interacted with us the whole time; clapping after solos and laughing when we were joking around musically in songs.

Too bad I didn't have a recorder. Next time, I'll have a new hard drive based camcorder, which I think would work well for recording this. A Zoom H2 might be handy though...

oldguy
March 15th, 2009, 10:10 AM
That's great. Gigs like that really get you pumped, the crowd and the band bouncing that energy back and forth, the more they like it, the better you play, and vice versa. Glad you guys had a good time......I'll bet you sounded great.

street music
March 15th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Robert sounds like you and Jaron had a great show. I really think that many of todays are coming back for that great tone and good music with vocals that you can understand rather than the distorted-ear popping-what vocals? type of sound that has been sold as music.

Robert
March 15th, 2009, 01:24 PM
People seemed to dig the material. Aside from originals, we did some Tom Waits songs, Tore Down, Halleluja, Jump 'n Jive. Jaron always throws me some new material I've never heard at a gig. Never fails. Luckily, they are usually simple, which helps since I have to learn it on the fly.

sunvalleylaw
March 16th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Congrats Robert! I hope you get us some recordings sometime!