PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone do vocals !

guitartango
March 13th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Hi guys, i love the backing tracks but one thing missing ! a decent vocal. Anyone feel like singing solo so we can jam behind you, or do vocal + accoustic guitar. I can't sing so count me out, anyone think this is a good idea?

sumitomo
March 13th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Hey we could sing a duo,cause I sound like a flatulating duck!Sumi:D

fensonpaulcaster
May 9th, 2009, 10:28 PM
lol idk i can hit notes very well but that doesn't mean i can sing a lick lol

i think i'll stick with singing in the shower sorry lol :poke:

luvmyshiner
May 10th, 2009, 07:18 AM
I could sing . . . but you REALLY don't want me to.:D

ZMAN
May 10th, 2009, 07:35 AM
I have a friend over in Scotland who can sing. I will ask her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

Katastrophe
May 10th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I sing best as a tenor.

Ten or twelve miles away.

Jipes
May 11th, 2009, 05:25 AM
If it's for a Blues thing I might be able to do it (that the only thing I know ;) )

deeaa
November 22nd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Hi guys, i love the backing tracks but one thing missing ! a decent vocal. Anyone feel like singing solo so we can jam behind you, or do vocal + accoustic guitar. I can't sing so count me out, anyone think this is a good idea?

Hey,

I'm usually pretty pushed for time to do most anything but I'd love to sing on some such track some day.

I can do pretty much any kind of vocal style and do vox up to four octaves wide, although my usual genres would be rock/heavy/hardrock with quite a lot of grit usually. Naturally I'm a bass. One thing I have very seldom gotten into singing is more pop/ballad or blues style stuff...I never get that in my projects so it'd be a welcome change. I dunno how clean I can sing these days, having screamed for decades, but I could try. I have a pretty good studio setup too.

I've posted quite a few of my tunes but see http://deeaa.pp.fi for more.

deeaa
November 22nd, 2009, 09:44 AM
And, um, I mean, I don't think I'll have the energy to record entire songs meself just now, but if anyone has any vocal-less backing tracks they'd like vox on, that'd be great.

pes_laul
November 22nd, 2009, 10:23 AM
I might be interested, I can sing fairly decent I think.

I am a tenor and my range sprouts around 3 and a half octaves to 4 depending on the key of the song.

What kind of music is it?

Commodore 64
November 22nd, 2009, 10:43 AM
I just tried to sing along while playing Have You Ever Seen the Rain, by CCR. I'm not sure I would wish that kind of torture on anyone else besides my daughters, heh.

deeaa
November 22nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
I just tried to sing along while playing Have You Ever Seen the Rain, by CCR. I'm not sure I would wish that kind of torture on anyone else besides my daughters, heh.

:-) That's one song that suits me very well, I think. Often sing it, too.