PDA

View Full Version : Cooking a tube amp

tot_Ou_tard
March 14th, 2009, 07:19 AM
http://www.tpngear.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=169

Blaze
March 14th, 2009, 07:51 AM
http://www.tpngear.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=169

Sounds interesting but cannot understand everything in there , me poor french guy , can you resume it easy for me please oH grand!! TOt:master: wizard of guitar _land..

That s an old threat here..

Ch0jin
March 15th, 2009, 11:11 PM
If I'm reading that correctly, they are simply using a type of clean boost pedal to ensure the first preamp tube can be driven into clipping, or just short of it, to ensure maximum signal to the output tubes.

I'm assuming the Launch Pad is mentioned because the OP makes them, and secondly because of the LP's immense clean headroom running as they do @ 24VDC.

If I'm right, I actually basically the same thing already when I use my BB1200 because it's pickups are lower in output than any other guitar I have, so rather than tweak my amp, I just kick in a pedal (in my case a TS replica) dialed in to give just just the slightest bump in volume.

Désolé blazes. Je ne peux pas traduire au Français. Mon Français est très mauvais. :)

tot_Ou_tard
March 16th, 2009, 08:23 PM
If I'm reading that correctly, they are simply using a type of clean boost pedal to ensure the first preamp tube can be driven into clipping, or just short of it, to ensure maximum signal to the output tubes.

I'm assuming the Launch Pad is mentioned because the OP makes them, and secondly because of the LP's immense clean headroom running as they do @ 24VDC.

If I'm right, I actually basically the same thing already when I use my BB1200 because it's pickups are lower in output than any other guitar I have, so rather than tweak my amp, I just kick in a pedal (in my case a TS replica) dialed in to give just just the slightest bump in volume.

Désolé blazes. Je ne peux pas traduire au Français. Mon Français est très mauvais. :) Yup. To be clear the clean boost is always on. It's job is to match preamp input with that necessary to gracefully limn the luscious waters twixt godliness & dirt.