PDA

View Full Version : Hermida Reverb

cdtele
March 14th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Clean strat through the reverb, a Brown Note Voxy Lite 18 and G12-65. Reverb is set around 1:00, a little wet for the solo thing....... There is one knob that set's reverb amount.....my kind of pedal! This is mono verb. There is also an on/off switch. The unit is in a Zen 2 size box. Price will be around $100. Serious bang for the buck!

http://www.chuckdaloiamusic.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/alfverbstrat.mp3

#2 Same rig but with an AdLib 1x12 Cab and a Greenback 25 watt (my favorite so far)

http://www.chuckdaloiamusic.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/alfverb4.mp3

Chuck

Blaze
March 15th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Sounds good Chuck , discreet and effective ,they are not many realy good single reverb pedal on the market ,
the good one are often costly or comes in a rack mount shape ,so a nice welcome to the Hermida ..
Nice playin ,as usual..

Blazes :bravo:

tot_Ou_tard
March 17th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Very cool Chuck. How does it compare to other verbs? Say the Holy Grail Plus, Mr Springy, & the Fuchs Good Verbrations?

I may be in the market for a reverb soon & with Alf's reputation & the price I'll certainly hold off until this pedal comes out.

cdtele
March 17th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Very cool Chuck. How does it compare to other verbs? Say the Holy Grail Plus, Mr Springy, & the Fuchs Good Verbrations?

I may be in the market for a reverb soon & with Alf's reputation & the price I'll certainly hold off until this pedal comes out.

I haven't tried the others so not sure.
This one sounds really nice to me though.

Chuck

sunvalleylaw
March 19th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Thank you for the demo. I love your playing. I rely on the reverb built into my amp, and as a beginnerish type probably don't use it as effectively as I could. It is nice to hear what a verb pedal does.

cdtele
May 28th, 2009, 11:06 PM
This time with a strat, Brown Note Voxy 18, Zen drive and AdLib cab with a greenback.

http://www.chuckdaloiamusic.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/alfverb3adlibcab.mp3

Chuck

jim p
June 27th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I think that pedal is based on the Belton Digi-Log reverb module that you can buy at Antique electronic supply. Also if you go to Neunaber technology web site you can find a schematic for making a reverb pedal. Then if you roll your own on a prototype board you total parts cost minus the box would probably be around 30 bucks.
Some things you could do to maybe make it better would be to use a compandor IC with it. That is a compressor and expander that may improve the signal to noise and cut down on digital distortion they were used in bucket brigade effect boxes. Also when you look at how reverb is added to the signal chain in a tube amp at high reverb levels there is some feedback from the output of the tank to the input so adding some feedback in the circuit may improve the sound.
If you go to the Belton web site check out the digital sound effector that has stereo output, 16 different sound fields and 24 bit digital conversion.

Sorry did not see this is a kit untill after I wrote this, still maybe you can DIY cheeper and make improvements on it.

tot_Ou_tard
June 28th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I have one on the way.

cdtele
July 6th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Strat/Hermida Verb/Brown Note Voxy 18/AdLib cab w/ 25 watt greenback

http://www.chuckdaloiamusic.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/alfverb4.mp3

tot_Ou_tard
July 10th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Got mine yesterday.

I've never really played with reverb...I think I'm gonna be addicted to it it.

It sounds very sweet to me. Alf sends a power supply with it. Nice touch!

tot_Ou_tard
July 14th, 2009, 05:47 PM
OK, I'm sold. I'm loving this pedal. I usually turn pedals off nearly as soon as I kick them in, but this sounds so sweet that I keep turning it back on whenever I turn it off.

Played through my Greis 5 (single ended Class A 6V6) with a Scuminico 12" speaker it's pure heaven.

sumitomo
July 14th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Thats good to know ToT,I always like a little verb.Sumi:D