PDA

View Full Version : New Pedal Day (BBE Free Fuzz

Kazz
March 16th, 2009, 06:02 AM
We were out looking for a home theater receiver over the weekend and run into a BBE Free Fuzz at one of the better quality pawn shops in town....The purple logo caught me eye and just had to plug it in and give it a run. Great fuzz factored along with the $40.00 price tag and I brought it home. Tried it a bit with the Classic 30 yesterday afternoon. My Avion Les Paul really needs new strings and a proper setup, but the quality of this new fuzz box really shows. You can dial back the volume on the guitar and clean up the sound a great deal and then light it back up when needed.

Further review after I put on new strings and get a better chance to play around.

Anyone else have any of these BBE pedals? What are your thoughts?

tunghaichuan
March 16th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I tried one at GC when they were blowing them out for $50 few months ago. The pedal is nicely built, very sturdy with a quality PCB and decent components. BBE makes good stuff. :AOK:

I'm not really a fuzz kinda guy, so I passed.

tung

We were out looking for a home theater receiver over the weekend and run into a BBE Free Fuzz at one of the better quality pawn shops in town....The purple logo caught me eye and just had to plug it in and give it a run. Great fuzz factored along with the $40.00 price tag and I brought it home. Tried it a bit with the Classic 30 yesterday afternoon. My Avion Les Paul really needs new strings and a proper setup, but the quality of this new fuzz box really shows. You can dial back the volume on the guitar and clean up the sound a great deal and then light it back up when needed.

Further review after I put on new strings and get a better chance to play around.

Anyone else have any of these BBE pedals? What are your thoughts?

mrmudcat
March 17th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I love fuzzes with strats,congrats!:beer:

Ch0jin
March 17th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I love fuzzes with strats,congrats!:beer:

Oh that rhymes!