PDA

View Full Version : Brian Setzer

Suhnton
March 17th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I didn't realize Brian Setzer could play so well. I think Ron McDonald wants his shoes back though.:)

d-ZB-SzK8lE

Geraint Jones
March 17th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I was practising Stray Cat Strut this week in my own little way , not quite enough to make me wanna go out and buy a Gretsch though , I just have`nt got the hair anymore.

msteeln
March 17th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Setzer is the modern twang King. I love his versions of Sleepwalk.
Only thing I don't like about him is how the prices of vintage Gretsches always permanently spiked when he'd get a cover shot!

sunvalleylaw
March 17th, 2009, 03:23 PM
He is one of my favorites for sure, and I would like to have one of those big Gretsches some day! I checked out the asian made ones that have been going for about $600 USD, and they seem pretty nice!

t_ross33
March 17th, 2009, 06:02 PM
He is one of my favorites for sure, and I would like to have one of those big Gretsches some day! I checked out the asian made ones that have been going for about $600 USD, and they seem pretty nice!

If you mean the 5120's, oh yeah baby... they are pretty nice ;);)

Oh, US list on these babies is a cool $1000 for 2009, so if you see one for around $600 I'd grab it if I were you :AOK:

sunvalleylaw
March 17th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Yep, you know the one I mean. That was the price last time I was in a shop carrying them last summer, but I wondered if they were going up since it seems other brands are raising prices. Well regardless, not in the cards now. But someday, a "big orange guitar" like Brian says might find a way into the herd.

Jimi75
March 18th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Got two DVDs at home, Stray Cats at Brixton Academy and X-Mas concert with the BS Orchestra. I love Setzer's playing, it's a huge Blues, Jazz and Rockabilly melting pot. Plus if you watch the bonus material on the X-Mas DVD you see that Setzer wrote all the arangements...this guy is darn cool.

just strum
March 18th, 2009, 05:06 PM

Ditto. I can remember some time back SVL and I posted a few of Brian's youtube clips on here. Definitely get the fingers clicking and feet tapping.

A bit of happy feet.

hagarfreak33
March 18th, 2009, 07:10 PM
He's cool-the Christmas show is Awesome! Dates are already up for this years show:bravo:Here is a cool lesson from his home page-<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dBuMsHB9FRc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dBuMsHB9FRc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

just strum
March 22nd, 2009, 06:28 AM
Don't want this thread to die...

This will keep it alive for another 9 minutes, 45 seconds.

BjGR-TW1LkA