PDA

View Full Version : Angus Young signature model

tremoloman
July 21st, 2006, 02:13 PM
Why does the Angus Young SG signature model have a tremolo bar yet his stage guitar doesn't? That seems rather odd!

Mark
July 22nd, 2006, 09:44 AM
Yea I also read he just uses a bone stock SG, nothing custom about it.

duhvoodooman
July 22nd, 2006, 09:55 AM
Why does the Angus Young SG signature model have a tremolo bar yet his stage guitar doesn't? That seems rather odd!
Hey, this is MARKETING, not musical authenticity, Trem. Hang a fancy moniker on it, attach a few superfluous doodads, and charge an extra $500 or so! :rolleyes: :D

Katastrophe
July 22nd, 2006, 09:32 PM
Yep, I'm with Duhvoodooman on this one. It's gotta be just pure ol' marketing... By the way, I think the only signature model that I know of that doesn't have a more expensive model would be the Jimmie Vaughan Strat.

Tone2TheBone
July 28th, 2006, 10:58 PM
The JV Strat is a great guitar and I would love to have one simply because it is not very expensive yet has attributes of great "vintage" instruments not unlike the Muddy Waters Tele. Both are Made in Mexico Fenders but with top notch mojo induced components.

SuperSwede
July 29th, 2006, 02:49 AM
The JV strat has Tex Mex pickups. Great sound from them but a tad too hot for my taste.

Tone2TheBone
July 31st, 2006, 11:06 AM
Buddy - You can always take then out and put some vintagy Dimarzios in there. *wiggles eyebrows* Suh-weeeeet.

SuperSwede
July 31st, 2006, 12:35 PM
Sweet as molasses... what I really need is some cheap sunglasses.