PDA

View Full Version : Women problems

pie_man_25
March 17th, 2009, 09:13 AM
yep, women suck. PERIOD.

I was at a local ska show, mind you I had long hair and a beard, and a metal T-shirt (apparently I looked like Jesus), and this chick walks up to me and comments on my shirt. So we get to talking and I manage to get her phone number, I was really excited, because this is my first phone number from a chick. Apparently there's some kind of three-day rule (you know, so you don't look desperate?) and so I go through the agony of waiting three days, and I finally call this chick, and it turns out to be some guy's home security business. we both apologize for each others inconvenience, and we hang up awkwardly:thwap: . This was in october, in December, Protest the Hero was playing in a large bar, and I managed to convince my parents to let me go. I get there and I see THE SAME CHICK, who completely ignores me, and her boyfriend (a hardcore slam-dancer, adding insult to injury) punched me in the face and broke my nose:punch: , luckily, I was able to stop the bleeding, and see protest, but I wasn't happy about it. Just last week, I've cut my hair ( I just needed some change), and I have to say I'm pretty good looking now, and I went to another local ska show. I saw THE SAME CHICK, and she didn't even recognize me! She was actually hitting on me! So I actually got some balls and told her some things I dare not repeat:reallymad: . Man, what luck, I've worked hard at women, and all I have to show for it so far is a broken heart, and a broken nose. I'm not having anything to do with women for the next while.

Spudman
March 17th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Don't put so much into getting together with a woman. You have time in your life and it's important to wait for 'quality'. Don't forget that you yourself are quality and just because the woman package is pretty doesn't mean that it's the quality you deserve.

Just focus on what you love to do and the good ones will fall right into your lap. If you are looking hard every woman you meet will innately know that and treat you accordingly. If they are good people then they will be good friends first. Patience is really the key. After all you are basically fishing and a patient fisherman gets the best catch usually.

If you want some instant gratification then look to women a few years older than yourself...and go watch "The Graduate."

Robert
March 17th, 2009, 10:15 AM
+10000 on what Spud said.

piebaldpython
March 17th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Geez Spud, that was eloquently put and fabulously so. :master: I saw the title and DUH, but my mind went to every wrong place (:poke: ) until I read "pie man's" plaint. :D

Rocket
March 17th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Misogynist-in-training huh?
There are options!

Ch0jin
March 17th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Great idea for a t-shirt thanks Rocket :)

"Misogynists get all the chicks"

Seriously though, I also reckon Spuds advice is spot on. I've known plenty of girls who liked to be chased, but none of them, not one, is with a guy that chased them. They are all with guys they considered unattainable at the time. Just hang out, have fun and do what you do and as Spud says, they'll come to you. It might be a gross generalization, but based on my experience girls are infinitely more attracted to confidence and a bloke with a good circle of mates than a guy who chases them.

Also, no offense intended, but have a read of your own post and read between the lines about this girl. She gave you a fake number, her thug BF smashed you, and then she was ready to cheat on him to try and tune the short haired version of yourself later on. I read that as Trouble mate. Best avoided unless of course you can detach yourself emotionally, in which case I probably shouldn't post publicly what my approach would be, lest Rocket label me a Misogynist too ;)

Anyway, all that aside. Welcome to the game :)

mrmudcat
March 17th, 2009, 04:55 PM
It isnt the hair mine is as long and down to my :bootyshake: I got me an angel 10 years younger that gave me 3 awesome boys........and she still digs the hair!!!!:master: :rockon:

Ch0jin
March 17th, 2009, 05:03 PM
On behalf of the rest of us that once had long hair and now can't keep the stuff in our scalps....

:AOK:

(oops wrong finger......) hahahahaha.

Rocket
March 17th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Best avoided unless of course you can detach yourself emotionally, in which case I probably shouldn't post publicly what my approach would be, lest Rocket label me a Misogynist too.
No labels... I merely interpreted the topic title!

oldguy
March 17th, 2009, 07:00 PM
After reading the original post, I would draw the conclusion Pie Man has found one less than desirable female. That in no way should lead anyone to the conclusion women are trouble. Anymore than all men are trouble just because one in particular won't stop smearing your windshield at a stoplight after you ask him to stop.:D

Rocket
March 17th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I would draw the conclusion Pie Man has found one less than desirable female. That in no way should lead anyone to the conclusion women are trouble.
Conclusion... ALL women ARE trouble!

street music
March 17th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Yea! What Rocket said. BUT WAIT! CB is different!
Women can be fine and I guess many are, I just haven't been married to one for 35 years that stayed that way. She changed and she says I changed, we still are together and yes, I LOVE HER!:D

msteeln
March 17th, 2009, 09:03 PM
...Women, you can't live withum', THE END.

Spudman
March 17th, 2009, 09:29 PM
What does 'Misogynist' mean?:confused:

markb
March 17th, 2009, 10:05 PM

It's Greek for Jeremy Clarkson ;)

Link for those fortunate enough to have never heard of him (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Clarkson)

Suhnton
March 17th, 2009, 10:06 PM

It means "I desire women endlessly but have been spurned all my life."
J/K

Ch0jin
March 17th, 2009, 10:27 PM
mi·sog·y·nist (mĭ-sŏj'ə-nĭst) Pronunciation Key
n. One who hates women.
adj. Of or characterized by a hatred of women.

Rocket
March 18th, 2009, 01:21 AM
n. One who hates women.
Fortunately for the women of the world, as a misanthrope, I'm more all-encompassing and balanced!

mis·an·thrope (mĭs'ən-thrōp') also mis·an·thro·pist
n. One who hates or mistrusts humankind.

bigoldron
March 18th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Fortunately for the women of the world, as a misanthrope, I'm more all-encompassing and balanced!

mis·an·thrope (mĭs'ən-thrōp') also mis·an·thro·pist
n. One who hates or mistrusts humankind.

Yeah, I've kinda gathered that from reading your posts... :poke: :D

Rocket
March 18th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Yeah, I've kinda gathered that from reading your posts...
It's not for lack of reasons.

Jimi75
March 18th, 2009, 05:42 AM
+1 what Spud said.

The thing wit the broken nose is terrible for sure and a bitter lesson.

Stay cool with da girlz you got all the time in the world...
:AOK:

Bloozcat
March 18th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Ahhh...so who hasn't gotten into a fight involving a girl at least once in their life? And especially when they were young and still lacking in experience?

You know that chick saying, you gotta kiss a lot of toads before you find Prince Charming? Well, it works both ways...

Pie Man...now is the time in your life when you're supposed to be experiencing, not the time where you know it all. Trust me, that time never comes. With each experience though, you'll be maturing and slowly learning about yourself and establishing a value system to live your life by. Once you reach the point where you are the right man, you'll find the right woman. In the meantime, live life, learn, enjoy....and stop putting so much pressure on yourself.

bigoldron
March 18th, 2009, 09:11 AM
It's not for lack of reasons.

Understood loud and clear. As Clinton would say, "I feel your pain..." I work with about 150 women as a computer tech in a small elementary school. Most of them are, apparently, educated beyond their reason/common sense levels. "A little education and a valid teaching certificate are dangerous things." :thwap:

sumitomo
March 18th, 2009, 10:15 AM
That night she didn't recognize you and tried to pick you up,you should have played her good then dropped her like a hot turd!!!! Sumi:D

pie_man_25
March 18th, 2009, 11:16 AM
yeah, you guys are right, I've got plenty of time. There's no reason to make a hasty generaliztion of women. I guess, looking at the list of chicks I've "had" I haven't had much luck. Also-to blooz, it wasn't a fight, he just punched me, there was no punhing back.

ps. to the person who changed the title (I think it was spud), thanks.

Childbride
March 18th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Yea! What Rocket said. BUT WAIT! CB is different!
Women can be fine and I guess many are, I just haven't been married to one for 35 years that stayed that way. She changed and she says I changed, we still are together and yes, I LOVE HER!:D

thank you, Street. :)

having lived the years it took to get where i have gotten in my lifespan, i have basically decided that:
[edit: i'm not sure that's proper english, but i've had a rough 72 hours and i'm really tired]

there are Good People and Not so Good People.

that transcends all lines, IMHO. ;)

just strum
March 18th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I've kinda gathered that from reading your posts... :poke: :D

Phewww, it's all a facade, he's just a lovable teddy bear that uses it to keep people guessing.

wingsdad
March 18th, 2009, 09:32 PM
n. One who hates women.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vOgrGWGVqQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_vOgrGWGVqQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Spudman
March 19th, 2009, 07:25 AM
And there is..
vxrhRitq_zU