PDA

View Full Version : Back from neurologist...

Jimi75
March 17th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Puhhh, just got back form the neurologist - NO SURGERY.
He measured the nerv speed and indeed the nerv that is supplying the pinky and the ring finger is a little bit slower than normal. It is not the carpal tunnel nerv but the ulnaris. It seems as if the nerv is squeezed in the root of the wrist. But this is only "guessing"...until...

May 7 when I will have an appointment to make an MRT (magnetrsonancetomography) of the entire left wrist. On June, 2 I will see the doctor again and we will evaluate the tomographical pix.

He said it is nothing severe (he thinks it will disappear) and it does definitely not come from guitar playing :dude: "You have been playing for the last 20 years, so why should it appear now?"

The doctor is a piano player in a blues band and he told me not to punish myself with not playing guitar! "Just don't lift heavy stuff and watch your wrist when working on the computer...."

I helped my sister in law two weeks ago with moving and I was carrying all the heavy stuff, I must have moved the wrist in a wrong way.

I will keep you guys updated of course and I hope you still cross your fingers for that the symptoms disappear.

One more thing the doctor said was treat your body correctly, don't forget about vitamins, especially vitamin b.

SPUDMAN and I had a very long meeting on the phone yesterday regarding this issue, Spud offered me to call him. THANK YOU SPUD! It feels good to know that people here at the Fret really care about each other :bravo:

Jimi75

P.S.:
Anyways, please try to warm up yourselfs before playing longer sessions. I have linked a video in the other nerologist thread I wrote two days ago.

piebaldpython
March 17th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Jimi.....glad to hear that you are on the mend. Sounds like the MOVING is what did it to you. That is what will get all of us.......doing things out of the ordinary, the body gets stressed/strained by things it isn't used to and IT revolts.

Robert
March 17th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Good to hear Jimi, thanks for the update. Maybe with some rest, you'll soon be back in full shredding gear.

sunvalleylaw
March 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Glad it sounds not serious. And remember, unfiltered micro brews are not to be overlooked as a good source of Vitamin B-12. All those good yeasties you know. ;) :beer:

bigoldron
March 17th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Glad to hear that it's not too serious Jimi! Take care!

Bloozcat
March 17th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Great news Jimi :bravo:

You're one helluva guy Spud....:AOK:

luvmyshiner
March 17th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Great news Jimi!

street music
March 17th, 2009, 02:22 PM
sounds good Jimi, get well soon.

Brian Krashpad
March 23rd, 2009, 06:29 AM
Fantastic!

Take care.

sumitomo
March 23rd, 2009, 01:37 PM
Good news Jimi and it sounds like comming from that doc,that would be vitamin Blues.:rockon: Sumi:D

duhvoodooman
March 23rd, 2009, 01:46 PM
Encouraging news! :AOK:

Geraint Jones
March 23rd, 2009, 02:03 PM
Hi Jimi , i bought a powerball off amazon for the wife`s bingo wings , they`re supposed to be excellent for strengthening the wrist, r.s.i and carpal wotsits .

just strum
March 23rd, 2009, 05:25 PM
Hi Jimi , i bought a powerball off amazon for the wife`s bingo wings , they`re supposed to be excellent for strengthening the wrist, r.s.i and carpal wotsits .

I never heard of a powerball and checked it out on Amazon just to see what it is. So, what exactly do you do with that thing?

Geraint Jones
March 23rd, 2009, 05:29 PM
Its a basically a gyro , you spin it up and the rotational forces oppose the movement of your wrist , I had a go last week and after a few minutes i could`nt pick up a cup of tea . I got it for the wife for Valentines day , i`m lucky she`s not a good shot .

oldguy
March 23rd, 2009, 05:45 PM
Great news, Jimi! Keep us updated on how you're doing the next few weeks.

Childbride
March 23rd, 2009, 05:49 PM
Great news! :)