PDA

View Full Version : What' your favorite Fender Amph

sumitomo
March 18th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Since there's alot of Fender talk,so what's your favorite amph.I like me a 64 Super Reverb followed by my early modded bandmaster,then deluxe,then the princeton.Sumi:D :rockon: :dude:

Rocket
March 18th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Depends on what I'm playing.
Rock loud with a Hotrod DeVille, old Bassman for electric Blues (have a decent pedal selection though), and Acoustasonic SFX for acoustics. Gotta have an old original Champ for garage (nostalgic ambiance!)

SuperSwede
March 18th, 2009, 10:48 AM
I had a twin reverb that I really liked, but it was really heavy and not very practical for gigs.

Robert
March 18th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I think the Vibro-King.

Tone2TheBone
I like the silver faced Vibrolux's.

Brian Krashpad
I don't have a lot of experience with Fender amps, or for that matter with playing a lot of amps I haven't owned.

That said, my Fender 1966 Super Reverb is a fave.

sunvalleylaw
March 18th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I really only have experience with emulations like on a Toneport or one of the modeling amphs, but based on those, I say Bassman.

markb
March 18th, 2009, 04:04 PM
BF or SF Vibrolux (very little difference until 1972). There's something about the way that slightly weak power supply sags that makes them sound wonderful. And I like Fenders through 10" speakers too. Add a mid-boosted OD pedal for tweedier tones and a Rat or a Guv'nor for Marshall impressions. To be honest virtually any Fender made before 1980 will get you great clean tones and most will give good drive if you can turn them up far enough. In current production my favourites are the Pro Junior and the Deluxe reissue. I'm not a fan of the Hot Rod Deluxe or Deville.

Spudman
March 18th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I like the silver faced Vibrolux's.

That's what I was going to say. I started out my career playing one that belonged to the other guitarist. He just bought a Peavey Roadmaster half stack so the Vibrolux was mine until I got my half stack. That little sucker would crank!

Now days I would settle for a Deluxe Reverb though.

Suhnton
March 18th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I don't have a lot of experience with Fender amps other than what's available at rehearsal rooms, but if avaiable, I use a red knob "evil" twin. I use stompboxes and plug into the clean channel. Has a nice full sound.

sumitomo
March 18th, 2009, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=. I'm not a fan of the Hot Rod Deluxe or Deville.[/QUOTE]

I agree with ya there I had a Hot Rod Deluxe and Na!.I am afraid to fix my Super Reverb because when I changed caps in my bandmaster the tone changed alot.Also I have heard the same about Fenders and 10's guess why I dig my Super,that sucker will razor your ears off.Sumi:D

Blaze
March 18th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Has to be the legendary Bassman ..

street music
March 18th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Princeton or a deluxe for me, I've had the experience with the Twin too, better than a Deville IMO.

Rocket
March 18th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Too general of a question... really depends on what one's needs are.

sumitomo
March 18th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I dont know Rocket there was three guys that posted vibrolux and the way it has seem to stuck in their memories.Sumi:D

mrmudcat
March 19th, 2009, 12:07 AM
HRD,Twin,(with vegas or jbl's) Bassman

Yea I know boring, on the verge of being redundant answer:poke:

markb
March 19th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I played through a red knobbed Twin last night. Add that to my list of Fenders I don't like.

TS808
March 19th, 2009, 06:40 PM
In 40 years of playing guitar, I've owned a Deluxe 85, Princeton Chorus, Ultra Chorus, Concert Amp, Vibrolux, Hot Rod Deville and Blues Jr.

Out of them all the Hot Rod Deville was probably my favorite, but it was brutally loud!!

Rocket
March 19th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Out of them all the Hot Rod Deville was probably my favorite, but it was brutally loud!!
+1 Huh!

Jipes
March 20th, 2009, 06:11 AM
I was quite happy with my Blues Junior but my Concert Amp is much warmer specially with the vibrato turned on, even if it lacks the nice crunch of the BJ.

I had an Bassman export head which was quite good and a silver face Princeton which I loved :AOK:

I would really like to get an hand on a Old Deluxe this is apparently "The Amp" for blues players ;)

ZMAN
March 20th, 2009, 06:58 AM
I would say the 65 Deluxe Reverb, then the Blues Junior special edition. I had a Blues Deluxe reissue but never bonded with it. Also a friend has a vibrolux reverb stored at my place and I like that one as well. The 65 is just pure sweetness. 22 watts and tone to die for.

Lev
March 20th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I agree with ya there I had a Hot Rod Deluxe and Na!.I am afraid to fix my Super Reverb because when I changed caps in my bandmaster the tone changed alot.Also I have heard the same about Fenders and 10's guess why I dig my Super,that sucker will razor your ears off.Sumi:D

I'm really happy with my HRDeluxe, especially now that I'm playing in a band and I get to crank it, very versatile amp, nice clean and loves OD pedals (I never use the drive channel it's too harsh sounding).

sumitomo
March 20th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Yea the Deluxe reissue is not quite it but I have heard if you stuff a hoffman board or others in it,the old charcter that you were looking for comes back.Sumi:D

tunghaichuan
March 20th, 2009, 09:10 AM
My favorite low-gain Fender amp is the '65 blackface Princeton Reverb. I owned one briefly back in the late 80s. Bought it from a friend and foolishly sold it back to him. It had an EV 10" speaker in it and was one of the nicest clean sounding amps I've heard.

My favorite high-gain Fender amp is the mid-to-late 80s Super Champ. Another one that got away. :thwap:

tung

Rocket
March 20th, 2009, 09:42 AM
My favorite high-gain Fender amp is the mid-to-late 80s Super Champ. Another one that got away.
I've had a number of those regrettable "got away" Fenders but one set I truly miss is my old beat-up '59 Bassman w/'63 Reverb unit.
I gassed for those from the day I saw Pete Townshend stylin' away on his. Perfect in the day... not so much post-80's. Still regrettable!

Here's a demo of the modern pair:

7WNLWnLFOVA

tunghaichuan
March 20th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I've had a number of those regrettable "got away" Fenders...

Yeah, me too. :(

tung

hubberjub
March 26th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Princeton Reverb. I like simple amps. One channel no master volume. I thought these were a great value when Fender reissued them last year. Now that they have jacked up the price they must compete with some low powered boutique gear. I don't think Fender's 15 watt offering stands up so well.

HardcoreSoundguy
October 28th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I'm just about to part ways with my favorite amp ever... Fender Vibro-King Custom. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300485315103&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_1021wt_1141

Fretz
October 29th, 2010, 03:12 AM
I'm just about to part ways with my favorite amp ever... Fender Vibro-King Custom. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300485315103&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_1021wt_1141

Why would you sell your "favorite amp ever..."!?

DON'T DO IT MAN!!! :)

Fretz
October 29th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Oh by the way, I love my Blues Junior. Great little amp :)

sunvalleylaw
October 29th, 2010, 06:47 AM
I said Bassman before, meaning old school tweed Bassman. I had only had the chance to play through re-issues and computer models though. I still believe that a 59 Bassman is my choice, though now that I have a 4x10 Fender Concert, that amph is right up there. It is a bit in between a tweed voicing and a blackface voicing, and that can be a very good thing! Plus I actually get to play through it.

sunvalleylaw
October 29th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Those old vibro-kings are cool!

Brian Krashpad
October 29th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I have a '66 Super Reverb that's quite bosstastic.

And I have been VERY happy with my little Super Champ XD, which I've been playing weekly in church and with my side "hippie" band. Am playing it tonight for our praise team's first-ever concert, over in the fellowship hall, with live drums. So I'll line it out to a 2x12 w/my 50W Sovtek tube head.

mapka
October 29th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I have a Blues Deluxe Tweed reissue that I love. It is good for most stuff I play (blues and classic rock).

MAXIFUNK
November 1st, 2010, 07:45 PM
Twin reverb
Deville 410
SuperSonic 22