PDA

View Full Version : Vroom vroom.. gonna pick up my new VW this friday :)

SuperSwede
March 18th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I getting a new car, I really fell in love with the new Volkswagen Passat when I test drived one so I decided for a Variant Sportline... theres something about German cars! Do they sell the Passat in the US?

Its my first own car with automatic gearbox, but I guess that the newer 6 gear DSG gearboxes are quite nice, even if your used to manual transmission?

Here is a pic of the model I´m getting:

http://195.54.155.205/bilder/stora/Volkswagen/VW_Passat_Variant_ny_5d_K_0905.jpg

Robert
March 18th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Looks nice. VW Jettas are popular around here.

SuperSwede
March 18th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah the Jetta is a nice car, but too small for me..

What car/s do you have Robert?

Robert
March 18th, 2009, 10:53 AM
We have a Toyota Sienna and a Buick Regal.

Tone2TheBone
March 18th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Dude that's a station wagon!

SuperSwede
March 18th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I think that is the same model that is named Toyota Previa here, really nice family cars!

They dont sell Buicks but looks (google pics) like a nice car :)

sunvalleylaw
March 18th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Here the Previa (which we have) is the model before the Sienna. The Previa had a kinda center mounted engine and was a 4 banger, and the Sienna was a more traditionally american style minivan and has a 6 banger typically. I would love the Alfa sport wagon, but you can't get those here. I would love to get a euro sport wagon, preferably one that uses a combination of biodiesel and hybrid electric technology if one comes out. The VW wagons are pretty darn cool and I would like one of them.

The Subaru and other asian wagons have seating that does not agree with me.

pie_man_25
March 18th, 2009, 11:13 AM
nice. The Jettas are a popular model, but I don't know very much about cars, I can take one apart, and put it back together, but I don't concern myself too much with them. Has anyone seen their new vans, that are supposed to be influenced by the hippie-mobiles? Don't look too hippie-ish to me.

SuperSwede
March 18th, 2009, 11:33 AM
I would love to get a euro sport wagon, preferably one that uses a combination of biodiesel and hybrid electric technology if one comes out. The VW wagons are pretty darn cool and I would like one of them.

The Subaru and other asian wagons have seating that does not agree with me.

Thats the nice thing with german cars, lots of comfort and proper seating.

Here is the US site for the Passat Wagon, http://www.vw.com/passatwagon/en/us/

Algonquin
March 18th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Passats (Sedans) are very popular cars over here in the Great White North.

Nice car Swede... looks to be big enough for the family, and the Mother In-Law :D

SuperSwede
March 19th, 2009, 10:51 AM
...and the Mother In-Law :D

*gulp* its not gonna happen! I´m changing to a small sedan right away

sumitomo
March 19th, 2009, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE=sunvalleylaw

The Subaru and other asian wagons have seating that does not agree with me.[/QUOTE]

Sun when you come here to Bend,Im gunna take ya for a ride in my Suby and it has some real nice Sparco EVO seats and 5 point harnesses in it (so you dont fall out0 oh yea bring some attends with ya you are gunna need em.Sumi:D :AOK:

sunvalleylaw
March 19th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Sumi, we are likely to "inherit" a 2001 Subi Imprezza, and I like the car, but the standard seats are no good for me. I am interested in fitting a better driver's seat at least. Let's talk via PM or email sometime.

Lev
March 20th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I have a passat too - 2006 highline in Black - sweet car (although my wife has recently commandeered it!!) I now drive her Golf.

sunvalleylaw
March 20th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I think I would enjoy driving the Golf as much or more, unless it was a long road trip on American style freeways (boring and straight). Then the longer wheelbase of the Passat and extra two cylinders might be nice. You have two nice cars!

SuperSwede
March 22nd, 2009, 08:38 AM
Dude that's a station wagon!

:eek: Your right!! I never saw that!!! :D

Mein gott, german cars are nice :)

My mother has a small Polo that I borrows sometimes too