PDA

View Full Version : settings for the DS-1?

birv2
March 18th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Got any useful settings or tips for this pedal? I just picked up a used one today. I play mostly blues. You can see my gear in my sig.

TIA,
Bob

Spudman
March 18th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Put it before the TS9DX in your chain and run the tone between 9 and 10 o'clock - volume around 12 and gain to taste. When you have it on and then engage the TS it sounds really good.

sunvalleylaw
March 18th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Spud's way is the way I do, before the Bad Monkey in my chain. I also like it in combination with my chorus when I want to grunge out.

birv2
March 18th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Hadn't thought of stacking the pedals. Where do you set the gain on the Monkey/TS9DX?

Thanks for the suggestions,
Bob

sunvalleylaw
March 18th, 2009, 04:55 PM
I'll let Spud answer for himself, but I tend to have the level at 12 and the rest of the eq at about 2 when I combine it. I have used it that way a little with the Rodent DVM built me too. The Rodent stands well on its own, but I like the DS-1 with the Monkey smoothing it out just a bit, or in combination with the chorus as I mentioned.

Blaze
March 18th, 2009, 05:22 PM
There s some nice mods for the Ds 1 too such as keeley s or others ..

Spudman
March 18th, 2009, 07:28 PM
There s some nice mods fore the Ds 1 too such as keeley s or others ..

Certainly are. Wampler Pedals has some great easy to do mods. They might also be found at Indy Guitarist. You can see a comparison video of the mods on youtube.

Suhnton
March 19th, 2009, 05:09 PM
There s some nice mods fore the Ds 1 too such as keeley s or others ..

+1
I did a Keeley mod on my Tube Screamer clone. At most 4, or 5 components (in the clipping and tone sections) were changed. The difference is night and day. IIRC Robert Keeley made the DS-1 mod info available on his website to freely use.