PDA

View Full Version : What do we think of the Guv'nor Plus?

ragnarpk
March 19th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Marshall Guv'nor Plus pedal? Do they manage to capture that marshall amp distortion sound? Because i want another distortion in my loop, i currently have the Digitech DF7 in there, but yea...

what's your opinion?

and please no "just get a marshall amp". i'm broke and need money for music school. no amp buying in the near future for me... :(

sunvalleylaw
March 19th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I have heard good things and know of at least 2 or 3 members that enjoy theirs. I would like to add one someday, and just missed a blow out deal recently.

Algonquin
March 19th, 2009, 03:42 PM
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=9347&highlight=marshall

I like mine a lot. Does it turn my amp into a Marshall, probably not, but the pedal sounds great with single coils pickups, and it has the nice 'Deep' setting that really delivers some bottome end.

Cheers :beer:

markb
March 19th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I had an older version. It's a good pedal and if you want "Marshall-in-a-box" for a small outlay it's probably your best bet. I'd a/b it with the Cool Cat Drive if I was thinking of buying one now though.

schenkadere
March 27th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I found it raspy and fizzy. Dumped it immediately. Just not my cup of tea...probably great for other players...I prefer a smooth, compressed OD.

oldguy
March 27th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Never owned one, but they get consistently good reviews from folks wanting a good distortion (as opposed to a smooth overdrive) sound. :AOK: