PDA

View Full Version : RIP, Randy

marnold
March 20th, 2009, 08:58 AM
March 18, 1982. The day the music died for us metalheads. It was 27 years ago yesterday that Randy Rhoads died in a rather foolish airplane accident. There's never been anyone quite like him. Had he lived, he would only be 52 right now. He was raised Lutheran too, which of course earns him bonus points in my book. How many metal guys write an instrumental for their mother? The rumblings were that he wasn't going to be with Ozzy's band much longer. He was going to go to UCLA and get a degree in classical guitar.

9xKJOjpZbZ4

JRbPWcLode0

Jimi75
March 20th, 2009, 09:32 AM
:master: :master: :master:

It's so sad what happened! Such a stupid death!

Tone2TheBone
March 20th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Untimely snatched away so early. I remember the day he died man it was crazy.

Algonquin
March 20th, 2009, 11:04 AM
+1 on the sentiments above. I was a big fan of 'Blizzard of Oz' when it was released, and was lucky enough to catch a concert in '81 at Maple Leaf Gardens. I recall having a pretty good time. It was a shame.

tunghaichuan
March 20th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Ozzy Osbourne was the first concert I went to back in '82. I believe it was already after Randy had passed. I think it was Brad Gillis playing with Ozzy the night I saw him. I hadn't started playing guitar yet, so I was only peripherally aware of who Randy was at the time.

RIP, Randy.

tung

Viking Power
March 20th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Never got to see him play live.

One of my fav's as a jr. high and high school student. Loved his stuff!

Suhnton
March 20th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I remember reading Ozzy saying that after concerts he'd go looking for Randy and he'd find him out the back practicing classical guitar.

mrmudcat
March 20th, 2009, 07:33 PM
I so remember ,the date is my wedding day ,of course not in 82!!!! I was young and full of .........dumb!:spank:

Childbride
March 20th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Randy...

i can remember being very young, and my older stepbrother shaping the music that i listened to.

one xmas in the 80's he gave my sister and i both blizzard of ozz on cassette for our presents.

i had this horrid cassette player [my sister had a twin player] and i would play that cassette, at night, at my dad's house, headphones on, when i was going to sleep.

i would listen to dee.

over and over again.

he was remarkable.