PDA

View Full Version : For you VOX guys

Justaguyin_nc
July 22nd, 2006, 01:26 PM
Found this gentleman over on You tubes and thought this Ri62 played through a VOX Valvetronix 60VT had a very good sound to it.. using the Fender Bassman setting.. wonder if the 60vt records direct to computer with all effects?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmoGaWnoRhI

M29
July 23rd, 2006, 07:15 AM
Hello Justaguyin_nc,

That is some nice playing and tone as well. I wonder if he is miked or direct. These Valvetronix do sound pretty good.

Thanks for the link!

M29

jpfeifer
July 23rd, 2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks for sending that link. Yes, that bassman patch on the Valvetronix amps is my favorite one for Blues. I really like that patch a lot.

-- Jim

Justaguyin_nc
July 23rd, 2006, 12:03 PM
Hello Justaguyin_nc,
I wonder if he is miked or direct. These Valvetronix do sound pretty good.

M29

Well, I happened to ask him that in a message as well as mention thefret.net forums...it is Mic'ed with a sm57.. hopefully he will show up and talk more about his AD60VT..

Guitar-Chris
July 23rd, 2006, 12:31 PM
Yes, that bassman patch on the Valvetronix amps is my favorite one for Blues. I really like that patch a lot.

Great tone of that man. I love the Tweed 4*10 (that's the bassman isn't it?) for clean sounds and blow this up with my Bluesbraker II pedal fo soloing.

O lime the UK 70s very much also. This two amps are my favourites.

jpfeifer
July 23rd, 2006, 01:43 PM
Guitar-Chris,

Yes, the baseman patch is called the Tweed 4x10. This amp has a lot of great patches on it. My favorites are the Black 2x12 for clean sounds, the Vox AC30 and AC30TB for crunchy rhythm stuff, and the UK 70's and Boutique O.D. for leads.

The Boutique O.D. is a model of a Howard Dumble from what I can tell in the owners manual. This patch has become my favorite one to use for really fat lead sounds. You can get some great Gary Moore, or Santana kinds of sounds.

-- Jim