PDA

View Full Version : AGILE AL3100 GUITAR REVIEW 1 to 5

Blaze
March 20th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Here s a pretty good 5 parts review on a LP style Agile guitar..

FNKbpuufuVE&NR

nQp2SEuvfW0&feature

u3oJgAcM-z0&feature

eFzfJSwTVzQ&feature

2aoOckj6Jzo&feature

Kazz
March 21st, 2009, 05:34 AM
Wow.....

oldguy
March 21st, 2009, 08:18 AM
I love watching stuff like this........... I didn't know GFS pickups came in Agile guitars, is that true?
My only gripe was when they finally got around to playing it.............
it could've used more cowbell!

Suhnton
March 22nd, 2009, 03:44 AM
That was pretty interesting, I'm thinking of using the same colour combination on my "Malmsteen yellow" SG. In the first video he mentioned the pickups were 7.4 and 8.1 ohms. I think he meant 7.4K and 8.1K. Also he mentioned the pots were linear taper. They should be log taper ("A-type" pots) if he's talking about volume. Otherwise good vid.

Oldguy, I'm pretty sure they swapped out the stock bridge pickup and put the GFS in. Personally, I thought it sounded a bit too trebly.

Ch0jin
March 22nd, 2009, 11:41 PM
..... In the first video he mentioned the pickups were 7.4 and 8.1 ohms. I think he meant 7.4K and 8.1K.

Spot on. No way they'd be 7.1 Ohms.

Also he mentioned the pots were linear taper. They should be log taper ("A-type" pots) if he's talking about volume. Otherwise good vid......

Maybe, maybe not. There have been a few guys post here that they have guitars with linear pots for volume. I certainly agree they -should- be log pots though.

Suhnton
March 23rd, 2009, 05:00 AM
I think log pots would give a more natural-sounding increase and decrease in volume, at least that's what I've noticed.
Back to the OT, that is a nice looking guitar, so nice in fact I ordered some ivory pickup rings and gold bell knobs for my ivory-coloured SG today.

msteeln
March 23rd, 2009, 03:40 PM
...I don't see a AL-3100 in white per the vid, listed at www.rondomusic.com

Toss in a coupla Van Zandt 'True Buckers'...

Brian Krashpad
March 25th, 2009, 10:47 AM
...I don't see a AL-3100 in white per the vid, listed at www.rondomusic.com

Colors and even models sell out at Rondo all the time and only reappear months later (if at all) when the next order arrives from Korea.

Bloozcat
March 26th, 2009, 02:13 PM
7.4k and 8.1K is correct for the stock pickups, and they're Agiles, not GFS. From the way the guitars owner said it in the third review, he must have changed the pickups after the first two reviews had been done.

From what I heard in the last two reviews (sounds), I think he lost tone by switching pickups. The stock pickups actually sound quite good, better IMHO than what he has in there now. But, I heard the stock pickups through a Ceriatone Overtone Special, and a Epi Blues Custom 30 which are both better amps than what he was using. So, it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

When I first looked at the still picture of the bridge, I thought, "it's in backwards", until the tech explained that the bridge had been changed.

The AL 3100 is a really good deal in an LP copy IMO, but the AL3100M with the full 3/4" maple cap - even in plain maple with chrome hardware - is better. I'm not much of a gold hardware guy anyway, and I'd take tone over glitter as in 3/4" plain maple cap over flamed maple veneer if those are the choices (if you can find one...they don't stay in stock very long).

Geoffrey Charles
December 4th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Colors and even models sell out at Rondo all the time and only reappear months later (if at all) when the next order arrives from Korea.

...or reappear right AFTER you have just made another guitar pruchase. Uncanny how that always happens to me.

Commodore 64
December 5th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Hmm all the videos have been removed. Wonder what that's all about?