PDA

View Full Version : Your Effects Pedalboard * Pics *

tremoloman
June 28th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Here's a custom pedal board my father and I built to accomodate performing gigs on a weekly basis. I'm able to setup in about 20 minutes now when it used to take an hour. This was a ton of work but the reward was well worth it!

blogan
June 29th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Like Tremoloman, I was tired of the time it took me to set up all my pedals, so I made my own pedal board with an integrated power strip. Now, instead of hooking up all my pedals individually, I just connect the input and output of the pedal chain and plug in the amp. All the connections between pedals and their power supplies remain connected between sessions. Saves me a ton of time!! As you can see, I have room for expansion, too.

I'm thinking of redoing it, making a version 2. For some reason, the power strip doesn't have the expansion capability I was expecting and the overdrive pedal seems to be stuck. Could it be the wood? I left it unfinished so it would have resonance and breathe. Maybe wrapping the 12V cable around the wood is creating a reverse resonance field, sucking all the tone from my playing.

By the way, nice board Trem. It looks a lot nicer than mine! :D

Robert
June 29th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Here is mine - I made it out of a suitcase ;)

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/uploads2/pedalboard_2005.jpg

Katastrophe
June 29th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Great board, blogan! It has two uses, pedal board, and payment persuasion device at the end of the gig.;)

Very clean rig, Robert!

SuperSwede
June 29th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Robert, dont you have Das Fuzz on the board??

tremoloman
June 29th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Here is mine - I made it out of a suitcase ;)
Very ingenious Robert! I only went for a custom built model becuase I have access to a precision sheet metal shop. If it weren't for that I was going to do the same exact thing out of either a hardshell suitcase or briefacse. All the so called "great" ones for sale on MF and such are like $300 and are POS in my opinion. NICE WORK!!!

I recommend zip tying the wires together and taping them down so they dont get pulled out. I spent a long time routing the wires on mine so I'd never have to worry about a loose or pulled plug ever again.

I use a power supply from GodLyke that sells for $39.99 and allws you to power up to 40 pedals with it at once! they sell all kinds of different attachments that allow various connectors such as standard BOSS, Reverse polarity, 9V batteries, and so forth. A little investment saves having to deal with 4 power supplies like I used to do. Unfortunately my Hendrix Pedal has its own power supply and can't use it due to the odd voltage. My Danelectro pedal is also an odd one and uses an 18V power pack, hence the 2 power supplies on my board.

tremoloman
June 29th, 2006, 01:42 PM
By the way, nice board Trem. It looks a lot nicer than mine! :D

Thanks... but it doesn't matter what it looks like. All that should matter is that it works and you are happy with it. My previous one looked a lot like yours. I used a piece of plywood and just drilled some holes and zip tied the pedals down. It lasted a bit, but then started to break apart.

I can't put the Wah on my board due to the angle... it messes me up too much.

Tone2TheBone
June 29th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Here's mine at the moment.....

J/K.

I haven't yet Spuderized my real pedal board/bag yet cause I'm too busy digging my new amph. I'll get to it one of these days. Nice board Trem. *thumbs up*

Robert
June 29th, 2006, 02:39 PM
SuperSwede, that picture is old - I didn't have the Das Fuzz back then.

Tremoloman, I could tie them down, I had planned on it, but I keep swapping my pedals out and move them around on the board all the time so I find it easiest to just leave them cables hanging loose like that. Once I get plugged in, I have no problems.

I changed pedals depending on what kind of gigs I do. I notice I hardly use my Fulltone wah ever more :( maybe I should sell it.

Spudman
June 29th, 2006, 04:40 PM
This is my main board.
It goes: Guitar>Rotovibe>535 Crybaby>Boss Loop Selector>DS1>TS9>FL9>DD5>Tuner>amp.

I'm working on another board that will augment this one and will have an A/B pedal to switch between boards.

It may go: Guitar>Thomas Organ Crybaby>Tonebone British>DS1>Tone Driver>Phaser>Synth Wah>Loop Station>Amp.

tremoloman
June 29th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Spud, you have a real rotovibe?!?! Man I always wanted one of those!!! The Hendrix pedal does emulate it incredibly, but I'd still love the real thing... *drool*

t_ross33
July 4th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Just finished my "custom" board tonight. Picked up a $2 suitcase (yes, it really was $2 just like Robert's :D ), some misc. hardware and went to town.

The plywood insert is covered in automotive fabric (similar to carpeting and floor mats) that I picked up at a local hardware store for $12/roll. I have lots left over, obviously, if and when this stuff ever wears out. Velcro hooks on the back of the pedals and everything powered up with the good ol' 1-Spot.

EQ and Chorus are for my acoustic (the red jumper goes to a DI box), RP-80 and Blues O/D are for my electric. The A/B switches the output of my wireless receiver depending on what signal path/guitar I am using. I can switch to the RP-80 and use the tuning feature with my acoustic (handy :cool: ).

I also have the footswitch for my Vox, but if you've read my earlier posts in the "Amps" section, you will know that I won't be using it much live.

Can't wait to try it out!

elavd
July 12th, 2006, 02:18 PM
This is my handmade pedalboard:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f283/elavd/01.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f283/elavd/03.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f283/elavd/empty_pedalboard.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f283/elavd/complete_pedalboard2.jpg

My pedals are (not all of them shown):
1) Custom made Line Selector
3) JAM (boutique) compressor
2) Dunlop CryBaby Wah
3) Boss SD-1 Overdrive
4) Marshall BB-2 Overdrive
5) Boss DS-1 Distortion
6) Custom made Fuzz Face
7) Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
8) Danelectro Tuna Melt Tremolo
9) Boss CH-1 Chorus
10) Digitech DigiDelay
11) Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
12) Digitech DigiVerb

t_ross33
July 12th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Awesome job elavd! very classy. Nice selection of stomp boxes too!

elavd
July 12th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Awesome job elavd! very classy. Nice selection of stomp boxes too!

Thanks a lot t_ross33 ;)

Here's another one:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f283/elavd/complete_pedalboard.jpg

The cables are George L's

Spudman
July 12th, 2006, 05:05 PM
That's cool. It is pretty much the same thing I have done in the past, using two levels. It allowed me to hide and protect the power supply. Later when I reduced the amount of analog pedals I was using I mounted my midi controller on the top row. I no longer use midi and use fewer pedals live. Now my board is much smaller.

Riley
July 13th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Here's mine, a tad fuzzy due to brightening the pic up.

http://riley-music.com/Pics/GuitarGear/PedalBoard-7-06.jpg

-Peace
-Nate

Spudman
July 13th, 2006, 08:13 PM
What cables did you use to wire that up?
Is that a DD5 I see?

Robert
July 13th, 2006, 08:44 PM
ooooh, sweet pedals Nate! Which one is your fav?

Riley
July 15th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys! Those are George L's pedal board kit for connections, I use a Pedal Power 2 unit under the pedals to power them, and yup that's a Boss DD-6 I believe. My favorites, well for extra boost on my Plexi channel or just going from clean to overdrive on my blackfaced channel the OCD wins hands down, and it's an older one with the 100k volume pot. The new ones have a 500k pot. But for smooth as butter OD the Zendrive is it! I'm partial to the BeanoBoost when I used my plexi channel to play some old Cream or early Zeppelin though. :)

-Peace
-Nate

el_goodo_maximo
August 11th, 2006, 08:45 PM
I don't have a picture of my full pedalboard, but here are pictures of my pedals. My pedalboard is an old keyboard tray from a desk with a (badly) added second level.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/cfwecker/PhaserBlurrySmall.jpg
Maestro Phase Shifter
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/cfwecker/Distortion.jpg
My most used pedals.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/cfwecker/CompressorRingModPedal.jpg
compressor.

PassIt
September 23rd, 2006, 09:45 PM
Heres mine, its pretty simple. And thats my toe at the bottom left curling up because i was trying to move it out of the way of the picture, but I didnt move it fast enough.

Riley
September 28th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Here's my latest layout. Only thing new not shown is a Planetwaves Chromatic pedal tuner.

http://riley-music.com/Pics/GuitarGear/PedalBoard-9-2006.JPG

-Peace
-nate

SuperSwede
September 28th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Riley, whats the Box of Rock? Looks interesting!

Robert
September 28th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Man, you've got some sweet pedal Nate!

Tim
September 28th, 2006, 03:53 PM
I have been looking at all the pedal boards on this thread. Outstanding pieces of work there Gents. I have one question about the settings on the stomp boxes so note on the pedal boards. Do most of you keep the same settings on each pedal or do you change them for the each song(s) list that is played for a gig?

Riley
September 28th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks doods! The Z.Vex Box of Rock I have is basically a JTM45 Marshall in a box, with the added bonus of a boost. I used to own a 1964/'65 JTM45 clone, and the Box of Rock sounds very much like it! It's a pricey pedal, but worth it in my book. Mine is actually the second (serial #002) one ever build and sounds even better than a later serial number I had for a short time. I'll post two clips demoing it I did in the sound page. ;)

Riley
October 19th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Ok I promise this is the last version of mine for a while! LOL!

http://riley-music.com/Pics/GuitarGear/PedalBoard-10-06.jpg

LED's
http://riley-music.com/Pics/GuitarGear/PedalBoard-10-06-LED.jpg

_peace
-Nate

Spudman
October 19th, 2006, 01:31 PM
That looks like space through a deep space spectrum telescope. Wowww! Cuel! Groovy baby!

Nice pedal board set up bro.

Tone2TheBone
October 19th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Hey Nate how do you like that Micro Vibe?

Justaguyin_nc
October 26th, 2006, 12:08 AM
I bought this case awhile back off of E-Bay.. around $35.00-$40.00... It's time to buy another...:) Only due to needing more space..probably just get another like this and lay them side to side.. can get 8 pedals on a board .. The power supply came with it but only allows for 6 connections on the top row.. a few more wal-marts needed to complete it.. it's been a pleasure using it.. The board itself comes out of the case or is velcro in..These come with an assortment of connecters and extra velcro for your pedals.. Zip pocket to carry all the extras.. canvas case seems sturdy enough for light travel and has made a few trips to the mountains.. You couldn't store anything on top of it.. but then to throw it in the back seat or trunk makes for easy carrying.

I think this is a listing of the same one I have...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110046609408&rd=1&rd=1

Spudman
October 26th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Justa

You can get one of the extenders for the power supply and add several more effects.

If you are using a standard power supply and daisy chain like Boss you just plug this extra cord into one of the sockets and then you can keep adding pedals. You'll need to make sure that your power supply is at least 300 milliamps so your pedals wont sound weak.

Cost is less than $10

Justaguyin_nc
October 26th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Thanks Spuds.. I seen the splitters, but I actually need more board also..:) I got about 2 to 10 more pedals I am looking at...:) thinking another like this one will about do it..and I will have the shoulder straps for each.. Ya know this stuff does add up ... I would hate to be a gigging guitar player without roadies!! I actually had more guitar gear carried to our last trip then anything else.. thank goodness for a pickup and a kind hearted gurlfriend...:)

Tone2TheBone
October 26th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Justa - I have the exact same thing. Did you velcro the pedals to the board? I did mine but the wah wah pedal kept coming off and pulling the rest of them off when I'd carry the board in the bag. Spud told me to put screws in the back of the board into the pedals so I wouldn't have to depend on velcros. Great idea but I haven't done that yet. I DO have the screws though. I took one screw out of each of my pedals and matched them to longer screws over at Home Depot one day.....I need to attach my pedals yet.

Tim
October 26th, 2006, 09:26 AM
You Fretters are going to need an old style suitcase to carry all those pedals. Make sure you leave an empty space for the Looper.

Tone2TheBone
October 26th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Speaking of Looping the Drum loops I'm sending you can be imported into the Boss unit. I think they can also be imported into the Jam Man too.

Justaguyin_nc
October 28th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Justa - I have the exact same thing. Did you velcro the pedals to the board?

Tone...I did use the Velcro also.. and yeah..when you carry it someplace either the glue comes off the pedals or the velcro just does not hold.. but once set on the floor and arranged with the velcro, at least the cats, dogs and grandbabies under 50 lbs. can't carry them away..:) biggest problem is the velcro glue comming off the pedals.. I am still pleased with the price and features of this cheap board.. I have yet to get a stand alone wah-wah.. (thinking Digitechs Whammy actually) other than the two pedals on my FCB1010 board I haven't put anything that heavy on the pedal board..

Plank_Spanker
October 28th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Pedalboard for the Germino:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0534.jpg

Foot Controller for the Johnsons:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0535.jpg

Spudman
October 28th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Another pedal board trick:

I have used plumbing strap and/or bailing wire (mechanics wire) to hold pedals to the board.

For this example we are using a wah pedal and the plumbers strap. For Boss and some other pedals you'll need the wire. Boss pedals and other small pedals will only use 1 screw on each side.

Example

You've got a piece of wood (the board) - take a short wood or drywall screw and put it through a hole in the plumbers strap. Then with your pedal located where you want it screw the screw most of the way into the board at the left rear corner of the wah pedal.

Next take the strap across the back of the pedal (under the movable part) and bend it to contour to the wah pedal and over to the board on the right back corner of the wah pedal. Insert another screw through the strap and tighten into the plank. This should hold the rear of the pedal in place. Repeat the procedure for the front of the pedal.

For pedals that don't have the room for plumbers strap use the wire. In this case screw the first screw partially into the board - then wrap a couple of turns around the screw with the wire. Pull the wire across the pedal over to where your next screw will go. Partially screw the 2nd screw into the wood then wrap a turn or two of wire around it. Tighten both screws.

If you do this right you can vary the strap tension on the pedal by how far you screw in the screws.

The pedals don't come off unless you remove the screws. In the case of the wah you only have to remove 2 right or 2 left strap screws to remove the wah to change the battery.

Using this method you don't have to glue anything to the bottom of your pedal. If you want to keep the pedals from getting scratched where they contact the wire then slide a length of hollow plastic tubing over the wire before screwing it down.

It may not look extremely pretty (I spray painted my strap black), but I did this on my road pedal board and they stayed put for years. Obviously this wont work with plastic pedal boards, but if you are making your own with wood it works well enough.

tremoloman
October 31st, 2006, 03:55 PM
I got this stuff like works like velcro but is as strong as screwing it down from McMaster-Carr. You have to twist it for it to seperate. I HIGHLY recommend it. Trust me, your pedals will NEVER come off unless you want them to!

Spudman
October 31st, 2006, 05:23 PM
I got this stuff like works like velcro but is as strong as screwing it down from McMaster-Carr. You have to twist it for it to seperate. I HIGHLY recommend it. Trust me, your pedals will NEVER come off unless you want them to!

Is that stuff hard-ish plastic or cloth like the regular Velcro?

Still one of the problems I had with any Velcro type fastener was gluing the pieces to the back of the pedal and to the board. Not only did I have a hard time making them stick I felt crappy about getting glue all over my Japanese good pedals. They hold their value well if they aren't really messed up.

Tone2TheBone
November 9th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Well ok....here's my officially put together the right way pedal board. Special thanks to Spud for his pedal attachment ideas. *clinks glass* Only thing is that I'm not sure where to put the Micro Amp pedal. I was thinking to put it last to boost pedal sucked signals but when I used it a moment ago...it didn't really seem to help. I'm now wondering if I shouldn't put it as the first pedal before the wah wah...or actually maybe after the wah. I'm pretty dang sure the Danelectro pedals are the ones taking little bites of pure tone away from the guitar. I use the FAB Echo Chorus as a Leslie and by itself it works great....in line with the other pedals it's slightly muffled. The FAB Echo....I have set for a quick '50s slap back so that I don't have to adjust my DigiDelay. Works ok....but not like it does by itself.

Hmmm....

Anyone have anything to say about making the setup more efficient? I've never been much of a pedal dude and I see why now. BUT it's cool having all of them at my feet to step on anytime I want. Plus they're not laying all over the house. It doesn't sound THAT bad I'm probably exaggerating. Anyway here is the pic.

Spudman
November 9th, 2006, 07:32 PM
That looks nice Tone.

I'd put the Micro Amp right after the Wah. This will give the rest of the pedals a nice hot signal to do their magic to. Sort of like you now have a $4000 guitar with active electronics.

Any noises in your system will be more amplified if the Micro amp is at the end. Also, if one loads a wah input too much it sounds bad to me. I think the wah has the best sound with the guitar going directly to it.

Hmmm. There is something awfully familiar about that vintage CS1.

Tone2TheBone
November 9th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Thank you Spudster. I knew I could depend on your expertise. :) I actually took out that long straight cable and replaced it with a new one. After experimenting with the patch cables and each pedal I found that the cable was a good one some 20 years or so ago when I first bought it but here in 2006 and on my pedal board, it sucks...literally. Out it came and now everything is nice and bright and strong. I'll move the Micro just next to the Wah. Thanks!

Tone2TheBone
November 11th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Spud - The Micro Amp after the wah was a good idea thanks. I replaced the DigiDelay with a Marshall Echo Head. I put the upper pedals in reverse order to eliminate a long diagonal stretch of patch cable. The upper pedals go from left to right now. Much cleaner sound that way because of the shorter Live Wires. I like having a pedal board now, especially with the 2 different OD pedals for different tones...the Monkey being warm and dark while the Guv'nor 2 spanks it tough and bright.

Spudman
November 12th, 2006, 12:31 AM
I like having a pedal board now, especially with the 2 different OD pedals for different tones...the Monkey being warm and dark while the Guv'nor 2 spanks it tough and bright.

My favorite too, and imminently logical (raising eyebrow). Live long and prosper.

Tone2TheBone
December 7th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Here's my new and improved pedal board. I mentioned to Spudman that I was going to rearrange everything because it was awkward stepping on the RC-2 looper while it was on the top row. He suggested I put it on the bottom row instead. I also put the pedals closer together using small eyehooks and cloth covered rubber bands to hold them down this time. This facilitates easy release and manipulation of the cable plugs PLUS it gives me more room to add a shiny new Marshall Reflector Reverb pedal (soon).....

You will notice I tried to match the pedal colors and rubber bands. :DR I can toss the pedal board up in the air and they don't move. And now I can easily step on my looper pedal/FS-5U footswitch without losing my balance. 754

Robert
June 16th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I have a pretty crowded board these days. I think I'm gonna replace my Rocktron X-tune with a smaller tuner to save some space.

Tone, you still using your pedal board?

duhvoodooman
June 16th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Hey, Tone--we need an updated photo, too! I don't see anything bright yellow in that photo two posts back!! ;) :D

Tone2TheBone
June 18th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Hey, Tone--we need an updated photo, too! I don't see anything bright yellow in that photo two posts back!! ;) :D

I don't even use that board anymore! I made a big long one out of 1x12 wood plank, painted black. I'll take a pic this week. :)

Justaguyin_nc
June 18th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I don't even use that board anymore! I made a big long one out of 1x12 wood plank, painted black. I'll take a pic this week. :)

Im with you Tone.. to many pedals..
I had the wood and some grey padding to cover it that was actually for boom boxes..
velcro sticks nice to it.. but might screw them down this time..
I am finally tired of all the pedals scattered..
this week's project I think..
maybe just the 1x12 with a 1x2 running underneath to add a bit of a tilt to the board..
then spray/glue the covering down.

Would like to find the hardware elvad used on his corners..nice job there!
(might try lowes)
Im no good at angle cutting.. or would stand it up..
hmmm might anyways..need to hide a powerstrip someplace.. or add the second level..

hmmm got a couple walwarts to use on a few things.. (Electric Mistress etc)

Im thinking I need 63 inches long :rolleyes: ..umm..but will try around 38..:)

I don't think I will be carrying it anyplace so I guess it don't matter. Just want to make it look a little neater in the corner.

stingx
June 18th, 2007, 09:00 PM
http://www.stubble.org/temp/pedal-setup.jpg

elavd
June 19th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Would like to find the hardware elvad used on his corners..nice job there!

Thanks Justaguyin_nc ;)

I bought these metallic corners from a hardware store (wich sells screws, nails, etc) and use them on my pedalboard:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f283/elavd/empty_pedalboard2.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f283/elavd/complete_pedalboard2.jpg

Of course, now my pedalboard is EMPTY, since I got a TONELAB SE and sold ALL of my pedals!!!

Tone2TheBone
June 19th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Voo - your wish is my command!

Justa - I did the same thing that you mentioned. I used a piece of 1x2 on the top to raise it some from the floor. This board is 1x12 pine and is 36 inches long. I'm not taking it anywhere either so I didn't care about portability. I like having my pedals in line with each other instead of staggered. I get way better signal from the short patch cables. I also took off the little power strip from the old board and attached it to the top of this one so that I'd have even more connections. I run most of the pedals off the TU-2 and I use the old strip for my 1/8" mini connectors (the MXR Micro Amp). I could still put more pedals on there if I wanted to but I still don't want to stagger.

I run a 1 foot patch cable from the looper to the FS-5U switch but it's not there in the photo. Again I attached the pedals to the board with a simple eye hooks and cloth covered rubber band system. Easier for me to disconnect the pedals and they stay on the board without coming off as they did with velcro. I thought about covering the board with some of that material that you talked about Justa but I remember that my other board with the fuzzy velcro material used to get wicked dusty and would stick to the fuzz real bad...that's why I just spray painted it black. Easy to dust off.

duhvoodooman
June 19th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Voo - your wish is my command!

Justa - I did the same thing that you mentioned. I used a piece of 1x2 on the top to raise it some from the floor. This board is 1x12 pine and is 36 inches long. I'm not taking it anywhere either so I didn't care about portability. I like having my pedals in line with each other instead of staggered. I get way better signal from the short patch cables. I also took off the little power strip from the old board and attached it to the top of this one so that I'd have even more connections. I run most of the pedals off the TU-2 and I use the old strip for my 1/8" mini connectors (the MXR Micro Amp). I could still put more pedals on there if I wanted to but I still don't want to stagger.

I run a 1 foot patch cable from the looper to the FS-5U switch but it's not there in the photo. Again I attached the pedals to the board with a simple eye hooks and cloth covered rubber band system. Easier for me to disconnect the pedals and they stay on the board without coming off as they did with velcro. I thought about covering the board with some of that material that you talked about Justa but I remember that my other board with the fuzzy velcro material used to get wicked dusty and would stick to the fuzz real bad...that's why I just spray painted it black. Easy to dust off.
Cool! Geez, I gotta make me one of those! I just have everything sitting on the floor in front of my amps. I don't move things around that often, but it's still sloppy looking and a pain everytime I want to juggle positions or put a new pedal in the chain.

BTW, where'd you get that cool yellow one in the middle?? Everybody oughta have one of those!! ;) :D

Tone2TheBone
June 19th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Cool! Geez, I gotta make me one of those! I just have everything sitting on the floor in front of my amps. I don't move things around that often, but it's still sloppy looking and a pain everytime I want to juggle positions or put a new pedal in the chain.

BTW, where'd you get that cool yellow one in the middle?? Everybody oughta have one of those!! ;) :D

I think I paid 5 or 6 bucks for the 1x12...3 bucks for the spray paint. I already had pieces of 1x2s laying all over the backyard. I figured out my pedal layout and cut down to 36 inches. Perfect and cheap and it looks good PLUS it will keep your pedals nice and neat. Mine were all over the place too...even when I had the other board. I can still swap out pedals though but at least the current line up will be all on one board. Make one man!

That wicked chicken yellow pedal with the classy blue LED was made by this crazed mad scientist dude. Asked me what I wanted in a pedal and well, he delivered! I figured I better jump on that magical boutique box before the prices went up! :DR

Justaguyin_nc
June 19th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Justa - I did the same thing that you mentioned. I used a piece of 1x2 on the top to raise it some from the floor. This board is 1x12 pine and is 36 inches long.

Good to see.. looks like 36 inches is the right size!

looks like it is also possible to double the pedals in each row.

I was thinking maybe adding a hole every 5 inches to run the powercables thru..

Your right about the material collecting fuzz... but seeing I have it laying around.. Going to try spray gluing to see how well I do..

Now, has anyone seen anything like these: http://cgi.ebay.com/Make-your-own-Pedal-board-with-PEDALFIX-ts9-fender-mxr_W0QQitemZ320128541059QQihZ011QQcategoryZ22669Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
at a lowes or homedepot?

Im thinking just using screws will wiggle loose sooner or later.. maybe something with tiny nuts and bolts would be better..

M29
June 19th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Hello Justaguyin_nc,

Those little brackets look just like one side of a master link for a drive chain. A bicycle shop or supplier may have tons of them cheap. Just a thought.

M29

ShortBuSX
June 19th, 2007, 01:28 PM
With a chain tool(breaker) you could make as many as youd like.

sunvalleylaw
June 19th, 2007, 03:05 PM
With a chain tool(breaker) you could make as many as youd like.

Sounds like a good idea to recycle my next bike chain! A little chain cleaner and my chain breaker and you are there! I plan to incorporate that idea into Robert's Samsonite suitcase idea. This is great! Also, I will likely go no fabric and just black paint too, for easy cleaning. Just stick the shop vac hose in there and suck up whatever dust/peanut shells, bottle caps, or whatever ended up in there. Great idea! Can't believe the guy is selling bike chain links on ebay though! LOL! :p

Tone2TheBone
June 19th, 2007, 03:28 PM
.....Can't believe the guy is selling bike chain links on ebay though! LOL! :p

What's funny is that there will be people that will buy them. How would you secure screws to a Samsonite case?

sunvalleylaw
June 19th, 2007, 03:41 PM
What's funny is that there will be people that will buy them. How would you secure screws to a Samsonite case?

I will cut a board (ply) to fit like you did, then find some foam to put under the board just for cushioning and over the top of the pedals to close over the top of them when I close it up. I am going to review how Robert set up his, but from memory, that should work.

Tone2TheBone
June 19th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I will cut a board (ply) to fit like you did, then find some foam to put under the board just for cushioning and over the top of the pedals to close over the top of them when I close it up. I am going to review how Robert set up his, but from memory, that should work.

Oh I gotcha. I thought you might be screwing directly into the Samsonite sorry.

Justaguyin_nc
June 19th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Well, I got started on it at least.. already to small..lol

Used all screws ... figured nails would eventually fall out.

Have room on the right for a volume and wah-wah pedal.

Did the same as you did tone and stripped the power off the old board and screwed it to the upper level..

Still have to find corners and glue on the material..

Looks like I need a bunch of longer pedal patch chords also..

Tone2TheBone
June 19th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Well, I got started on it at least.. already to small..lol

Used all screws ... figured nails would eventually fall out.

Have room on the right for a volume and wah-wah pedal.

Did the same as you did tone and stripped the power off the old board and screwed it to the upper level..

Still have to find corners and glue on the material..

Looks like I need a bunch of longer pedal patch chords also..

Better stash that Electric Mistress...it's on the minds of a few people I know here. ;)

Ah I see you made yours in tiers. Cool. Do you think you'd be using all your pedals at once or will you swap out occasionally?

The biggest reason I used flexible rubber bands to hold my pedals was that I could place them very close to each other and still be able to pull them off the board with my hands while I connected or disconnected them. If you'll notice my plug ends are literally on top of each other or side by side with about an 1/8th to 1/4 inch gap between them. I used to have them farther apart when they were secured to the old board with screws from the bottom because you can't connect/disconnect them if they're too close etc. Someone here gave me the idea about the bands and I wanted my pedals closer together so I could fit more on a fixed sized board. What are the dimensions of the board?

duhvoodooman
June 19th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Better stash that Electric Mistress...it's on the minds of a few people I know here.
Where'd ya think I got the idea from, Tone?!? :D

Speaking of which....geez, that Mistress is a BIG GIRL, ain't she? Didn't realize they were quite that large. Just seeing isolated photos can be deceiving--Justa's "group shot" gives it perspective!

Tone2TheBone
June 19th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Where'd ya think I got the idea from, Tone?!? :D

Speaking of which....geez, that Mistress is a BIG GIRL, ain't she? Didn't realize they were quite that large. Just seeing isolated photos can be deceiving--Justa's "group shot" gives it perspective!

heh I foresee in the near future a unit of similar design but smaller dimensions being created out of the lah-bora-tory of a certain mad scientist in uppah NY somewhere......*lightning flashes and thunder claps on cue*

EH units are pretty large yeah. 2 will take up an entire pedal board!

Justaguyin_nc
June 19th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Better stash that Electric Mistress...it's on the minds of a few people I know here. ;)

Ah I see you made yours in tiers. Cool. Do you think you'd be using all your pedals at once or will you swap out occasionally?

Yeah the Mistress is quite large.. and safe.. Man, I just can't turn it off anymore.. I really like all the different sounds.. from almost transparent to over the top..combined with a delay/echo it just makes my sound feel much fuller and rich..well..to me anyways..
She slides up into that opening behind it..just don't have long enough patch chord to do it yet.. The other hole holds a preamp for a mic..
Size: 36x12 bottom and 20x6 top...

I doubt very much I will use all the pedals.. in fact some are being sold.. ofcourse a few more are comming..:)

I think I am going to end up with 7 pedals and a tuner.. speaking of which.. there is nothing wrong with putting a tuner as your last pedal is there? Been seeing some that do this.. I as a rookie always thought it had to go first..

M29
June 19th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Something I just thought about is that they will probably rust. Not a lot but they might end up staining your pedals finish. It might be a good idea to ask the guy on ebay if his are rust proof. It seems like there are other brackets out there like this though. A local nuts and bolts company could probably come up with something similar in stainless steel that might still be cheap.
You could also paint them first and they would probably last quite a long time if they were not moved allot.

Just a thought.

M29

Tone2TheBone
June 19th, 2007, 04:58 PM
My TU-2 pedal is 2nd in line after the Cry Baby only cause I am superstitious and have to have the wah first. :) I daisy chain off the TU-2 power output right to left but I guess you could run a tuner at the end...even if it was powered or not. When the TU-2 is switched nothing comes out to the amp and I'm assuming every tuner pedal works this way. I suppose it doesn't matter where it's at in relation to the other pedals?

Only someone with your expertise M29 would have thought about the rust from the chain links. +1

M29
June 19th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks tone,

This thread is excellent I am going to start building a board soon and this will help a great deal. What a great website this is.

Thanks all.

M29

Justaguyin_nc
June 20th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Well , I took half the night getting the material stuck on the board.. used 3m 77 spray.. put the material on everything! think I got high from the smell.. napped.. then finished..
I like how it turned out.

Lowes and HomeDepot haven't a clue when it comes to those corners Elvad has on his, I am going to try a few regular hardware stores today, then the internet! Those surely make a board look good!!

Neither had a clue to any type washer dogbone style like those sold on ebay, and if you got a bike master link, well thats a few bucks a piece. After looking around, that guy on ebay don't sound to bad at $20.00 for a bunch of'em... again, will check regular hardware stores for these too.

When you look on ebay and online stores, the prices for boards seems so expensive for what you get, but by time you start putting things together and your time spent doing it.. they probably all are worth it.

duhvoodooman
June 20th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Nice lookin' board there, Justa, but it could use some YELLOW! ;) :D

Justaguyin_nc
June 20th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Nice lookin' board there, Justa, but it could use some YELLOW! ;) :D

lol, I tried once...but missed the intro price..:(

But there probably will be some yellow there before its over..:)

sooooo many pedals...so little funds...lol

ShortBuSX
June 20th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Can't believe the guy is selling bike chain links on ebay though! LOL! :p

Looks like more than just bicycle chains, looks like several different types of chain links.

Something I just thought about is that they will probably rust. Not a lot but they might end up staining your pedals finish. It might be a good idea to ask the guy on ebay if his are rust proof.

If you are using a new chain, it shouldnt rust...most chains come with a coating to prevent rust, like a gun metal type finish and nicer quality chains will come nickel plated. Id only worry bout rust if you sweat like a heavy rain...but Id worry more about the pedals if that was the case.

PS, when you buy a new bicycle chain, its usually necisarry to cut it down to length to fit...and you usually have a 3" piece left over...perfect for this...you might even talk a bike shop into giving you these scraps for nothin. OR upgrade your kids bike for less than $20 and save the pieces...your kid will be stoaked and your spouse will be none the wiser.

Tone2TheBone
June 20th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Wow Justa that looks sharp. Did good buddy.

sunvalleylaw
June 20th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Looks like more than just bicycle chains, looks like several different types of chain links.

If you are using a new chain, it shouldnt rust...most chains come with a coating to prevent rust, like a gun metal type finish and nicer quality chains will come nickel plated. Id only worry bout rust if you sweat like a heavy rain...but Id worry more about the pedals if that was the case.

PS, when you buy a new bicycle chain, its usually necisarry to cut it down to length to fit...and you usually have a 3" piece left over...perfect for this...you might even talk a bike shop into giving you these scraps for nothin. OR upgrade your kids bike for less than $20 and save the pieces...your kid will be stoaked and your spouse will be none the wiser.

I change out my chain once or twice a season on my MTB. I am sure I could get a supply of the links from the cutting down process. I am now a bit torn about whether I want to screw them down like that, because it is harder to move them around. Also, the connnectors I have probably don't work well with that sort of connection. I may do it to my wah, and hold some of the others down with some sort of bungie or rubber bands like Tone does. Tone, where are you getting you bands and how are you getting the rubber bands through the board? I can't really get an idea of what they look like from your pics.

Tone2TheBone
June 20th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I change out my chain once or twice a season on my MTB. I am sure I could get a supply of the links from the cutting down process. I am now a bit torn about whether I want to screw them down like that, because it is harder to move them around. Also, the connnectors I have probably don't work well with that sort of connection. I may do it to my wah, and hold some of the others down with some sort of bungie or rubber bands like Tone does. Tone, where are you getting you bands and how are you getting the rubber bands through the board? I can't really get an idea of what they look like from your pics.

Ouchless hair bands hold the pedals on the board by attaching to eyelet hooks on either side of each pedal...here is the process.

I got a package of small eyelet hooks like this from Walmart.

Then what I did was pry them open just enough to get ouchless rubber bands through them. These are the kind I use. I tried to match the colors of the bands to the pedals but it really doesn't matter.

I figured out where I wanted my pedals by connecting the cables to them and setting them side by side. This way I knew exactly how close I could get to each pedal while the cables were connected. Once the pedals were aligned on the board I took a pencil and marked a spot on the board where I could screw in the eyelet hooks on either side of each pedal. I took the pedals off and hand screwed in the eyelet hooks on each mark. I'd do one pedal at a time. When I put the hooks on either side of a pedal location I put the pedal on board and ran the ouchless bands to the hook and pulled them over the pedal. That's it. They stay on really well even when you flip the board upside down and when you want to disconnect the pedals you just pull them from the board and pull the cables. Easy and they're all close together which saves a BUNCH of room on your board. Now granted the bands will cover some of your effects pedal nomenclature on the settings but I already know what the knobs do so it's no biggie. The Cry Baby was attached a little differently in that I ran the bands between the gas pedal and the housing as you obviously can't run them over the top of the wah pedal. Once the pedals are on the board in place and the bands are on you don't even notice the eyelet hooks at all.

Justaguyin_nc
June 20th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Ouchless hair bands hold the pedals on the board by attaching to eyelet hooks on either side of each pedal...

Darn good Idea tone... Wal-Mart here I come!!

Hey, not that I do not believe it... could you make a little AVI movie of you flipping the board.. just for testing purpose?

:)

Tone2TheBone
June 20th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Darn good Idea tone...

Hey, not that I do not believe it... could you make a little AVI movie of you flipping the board.. just for testing purpose?

Good idea. I'll have my daughter video me doing that just for you.

Justaguyin_nc
June 21st, 2007, 10:21 AM
ok, this sounds silly and is probably known by all you pros out there.
But for this beginner... it surely helps...

leaning your pedal board.. well, I added a piece to the back of my board to help it tilt my way a bit.. worked great but would be nice if it leaned even more towards me.

I was looking thru some pictures of different pro players setups, there right in front of me on a few live performances, it finally caught my eye...

These guys use flat boards so they can attach their case tops to them and be on their way.. so how do they lean them ?

They do it off their MIC Stand... duh!!!!

Placing two of the three legs towards the pedalboard, they just slide the back of the board over it.. tilting/leaning the board and securing the stand at the same time... I know..simple..stupid.. and overlooked by me.. maybe others

Ok, go ahead and say I already knew that... then tell us newbies..why you didn't let us know...;)

This works great and gives a perfect tilt to the board..

Oh the pedals on the floor...except the looper
all up on ebay for sale $8.00 each for shipping
1 day left..
Current Prices:
Fab Metal -$7.00 no bid
Behringer Acoustic - $10.00 no bid
Behringer Ultra Flanger -$ 9.00 no bid
Bad Monkey - $26.00 3 bids
Digitech DigiVerb - $30.00 no bid
Fish & Chips Not listed Yet starting $7.00

Tone2TheBone
June 21st, 2007, 03:49 PM
.....Oh the pedals on the floor...except the looper
all up on ebay for sale $8.00 each for shipping
1 day left..
Current Prices:
Fab Metal -$7.00 no bid
Behringer Acoustic - $10.00 no bid
Behringer Ultra Flanger -$ 9.00 no bid
Bad Monkey - $26.00 3 bids
Digitech DigiVerb - $30.00 no bid
Fish & Chips Not listed Yet starting $7.00

*looks closely for a Chicken Salad pedal*....dang no luck. :(

Your pedal board came out all sick! It's as big as Joe Walsh's! Good job on that and your pedals look ominous in that room.

als_lespaul
June 23rd, 2007, 10:46 AM
My turn!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/als_lespaul/6-23-07012.jpg

Robert
December 13th, 2007, 02:18 PM
als_lespaul, that is a pretty big board you got there. What is the silver pedal with a red switch?

We need more pedal board pics, c'mon guys!

Tone2TheBone
December 13th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Which reminds me I'm selling all my pedals due to the purchase of my Blues Jr. It's an overdrive pedal with a 15watts of speaker attached to it who needs pedals!

Kazz
December 15th, 2007, 02:37 PM
<---looking for a bad monkey, screamin blues, and a wah

Oh and when I get around to building my board....man are their some great ones in here....along with some killer photos of pedals and settings.

t_ross33
December 15th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Which reminds me I'm selling all my pedals due to the purchase of my Blues Jr. It's an overdrive pedal with a 15watts of speaker attached to it who needs pedals!

DIBS ON YOUR ZYS! :master::D:dude:

oldguy
December 16th, 2007, 01:29 AM
http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_1154764d39ecc9ec.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=167)

duhvoodooman
December 16th, 2007, 10:24 AM
What is the silver pedal with a red switch?
Oh, that's the "easy" pedal, a lot like the "easy button" they advertise for Staples. One stomp on that and you sound like Hendrix, Page, EVH and SRV all rolled into one, but with better chops.... :rockon:

I have the schematic right here for one of those, and will be happy to solder one together for you for a mere $2,500. Taking orders now.... :rotflmao:

DIBS ON YOUR ZYS! :master::D:dude:
Now, that's the spirit!! But from a couple of the PM's Tone sent me, I think that may be the one pedal he won't give up with the new Blues Junior. I quote:

"....my ZYS now permanently sits on top of my Blues Jr. Looks like a mini altar layed there complete with a heavenly blue aura eminating from it's central source...."

I tell ya, that boy is slingin' the flowery prose the way Nelskie used to do!

SuperSwede
December 16th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Now, that's the spirit!! But from a couple of the PM's Tone sent me, I think that may be the one pedal he won't give up with the new Blues Junior. I quote:

"....my ZYS now permanently sits on top of my Blues Jr. Looks like a mini altar layed there complete with a heavenly blue aura eminating from it's central source...."

I tell ya, that boy is slingin' the flowery prose the way Nelskie used to do!

*sob* thats too beautiful! I sure miss good old Nelskie...

pytolk
December 20th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I recently got a new PedalTrain board and George L's cables for my birthday and my rig sounds 800 times better than even good monster cables let it! i dont have pics up yet though

sunvalleylaw
May 30th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Reviving this thread a bit. Robert is considering a Pedal Train PT-2, and I am considering how I want to build a board. This quote is from Robert's "new toy" thread that I started to hi-jack. Any thoughts, experiences?

The PT-2 looks really cool. I have been thinking of a "build my own" one like Robert has, and currently just carry the ones I want in an old softside laptop case. I think a large enough laptop case could do me just fine if I found one, for less dough.

Yep, I just looked, you can find soft side laptop cases for cheap on fleabay. If I got one more of those, I could carry all my stompboxes and my wah, looper etc. in two cases and connect them with a short cable. I like that PT-2, but don't want to spend $200 on a case.

I like the laptop case idea rather than a suitcase because to me it seems nicer to lug around.

Here is an older photo showing the case I am using with a few of my pedals in it. I now have the pedals lined up in the opposite orientation (horizontal in the case instead of vertical), and have the case full of my stompboxes only. I am thinking of a second, similar case for my wah and my looper, and maybe one or two stompboxes. I also now leave the pedals hooked up for transport (I use a 9 spot power source which I leave plugged in, and don't worry about the batteries for short transport), lay coiled cables over the top, and zip it up. The straps that are supposed to hold the laptop seem to hold the pedals pretty well for the short trips I am doing. I don't fly or do any airport travel with this stuff so that is not an issue.

I stick a powerstrip in the rear zippered pouch. It seems to work for me. The case material can get a little dusty on stage, but it seems to brush right off.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/PedalBoard2.jpg
open for business

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/PedalBoard.jpg
set to travel

I will do a new pic sometime soon to show how it looks now.

sunvalleylaw
June 2nd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Here are pics of my current line up, minus my looper and the Korg AX1G multi. I am thinking I can get a similar soft side laptop case and put the wah, the fuzz, and the looper in there, and the regular size stomp boxes in the one you see. That way, I can take both if I want everything, or mix and match pretty easily depending on what I need. Plus, they are then in something for storage. When I am not playing, I disconnect a couple of the cables and slide the case under the dresser you see that serves as business supply storage in my wife's office where I usually play at home.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/P1010043.jpg

Closer view of the pedals.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/P1010044.jpg

Robert
June 3rd, 2008, 07:31 AM
Ahh Steve, you know you should get a Pedaltrain junior.

sunvalleylaw
June 3rd, 2008, 07:42 AM
I'm sure it would look neater than this right now. ;) I bet I can neaten this up and save the dough for an Agile or Epi LP though. :AOK:

hubberjub
June 22nd, 2008, 04:31 PM
This is the first opportunity I've had to snap a picture of my board. I just started to change up a few pedals. The board is a SKB PS45. The case is great but I wish I would have purchased a board that has room to run your cables underneath such as the Pedaltrain boards have. This will work for now.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/hubberjub/DSCN0366.jpg

just strum
June 22nd, 2008, 04:53 PM
fortunately this addiction hasn't hit me yet. I have no board, I just roam the floor with minimal items and wire (notice the looper isn't even plugged in). The RP is set to "HNDRIX".

Not much, but it's the cat's meow.:rotflmao: :thwap:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/Picture306.jpg

BTW, for you guys and gals that have the real thing, there are some nice looking set-ups in this thread.

tot_Ou_tard
June 22nd, 2008, 06:46 PM
Strummy pedal boards are for those who play out.

You & I are just fine scattering them about the floor.

just strum
June 22nd, 2008, 06:51 PM
Strummy pedal boards are for those who play out.

You & I are just fine scattering them about the floor.

Hey, you're right. And on this day he looked down upon all that is good and spoke "let there be clutter".

The cat is actually my screamer - one good stomp on the tail and...

tot_Ou_tard
June 22nd, 2008, 07:25 PM
The cat is actually my screamer - one good stomp on the tail and...
Bad Kitty? ;)

just strum
June 22nd, 2008, 07:27 PM
Bad Kitty? ;)

FAT Kitty (30 lbs)

She pinned a Pit Bull the other day:D

Kazz
June 23rd, 2008, 05:10 AM
Hubber....that may be the nicest layout I have witnessed.....very clean...

Spudman
June 23rd, 2008, 07:57 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/Picture306.jpg

Ah, I see you have the Fat Cat pedal. I had one too but I didn't like the horrible noise they make when you step on them. I stuck mine in the freezer because I heard it would help with all the squealing.

luvmyshiner
June 23rd, 2008, 08:09 AM
I stuck mine in the freezer because I heard it would help with all the squealing.

Dude, that's cold.:poke:

Robert
June 23rd, 2008, 08:46 AM
Here's my Pedaltrain.

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_7485063bf9e996.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=517)

Jimi75
June 23rd, 2008, 08:56 AM
Here's my Pedaltrain.

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_7485063bf9e996.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=517)

Looks fantastic Robert. Cool that you put the Hendrix FuzzOctave on your board.

sunvalleylaw
June 23rd, 2008, 08:56 AM
I am curious as to what connectors you are using Robert. They look nice, and possibly expensive.

Robert
June 23rd, 2008, 09:02 AM
I use lavacables from www.lavacable.com (Mogami 2524) and some George L's, which I think sound good but they are (in my experience) prone to problems, due to the solderless design. They are also thin and nice for tight spaces, since the cable bends easily.

Lava cables are all top of the line cables. Highly recommended - I won't use anything else for hooking up between guitar-pedals and pedals-amp.

Tone2TheBone
June 23rd, 2008, 02:17 PM
That's a neat looking board Robert. How much did you pay for that?

Robert
June 23rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
$229 shipped, with hard case.

Bobbo
March 21st, 2009, 01:20 PM
I'm a bit of a pedal fanatic ... Many come and go ... Here's my last pedalboard setup ... Let's see yours too !!! :wave:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/bobbovisme/2007_09150005.jpg

tunghaichuan
March 21st, 2009, 01:39 PM
I've posted this link before, but here is a pic of my stereo rig with Boss pedals:

http://www.diycustomamps.com/images/rig_2.jpg

Tung

sunvalleylaw
March 21st, 2009, 02:00 PM
Here is the thread that historically covers this:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=982

Great to start it up again. Many I am sure have updates. I know I do.

Spudman
March 21st, 2009, 02:23 PM
My current rig.
http://www.rockpalace.com/gfx_content/line6-m13.jpg
Second to my last board. The AD9 is now a DE7
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/board2008004.jpg

My longest configuration.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/guitars018.jpg

All these are still together and functional.

bigoldron
March 21st, 2009, 05:54 PM
I'm redoing mine now. When it's finished, I'll post a pic or two.

Gutmann
March 22nd, 2009, 04:10 AM
Nice boards! Here's my board, not the latest version as I replaced the t.c. vintage distortion by a crowther double hot cake.

The whole board is powered by a voodoo lab pedal power II

http://www.musiker-board.de/vb/attachments/f3-musik-instrumente-knowhow//f75-e-gitarren//f40-effekte//81130d1216211670-zeigt-her-eure-effektboards-part-iii-p1050872.jpg

http://www.musiker-board.de/vb/attachments/f3-musik-instrumente-knowhow//f75-e-gitarren//f40-effekte//81129d1216211567-zeigt-her-eure-effektboards-part-iii-p1050871.jpg

http://www.musiker-board.de/vb/attachments/f3-musik-instrumente-knowhow//f75-e-gitarren//f40-effekte//81131d1216211746-zeigt-her-eure-effektboards-part-iii-p1050873.jpg

bigoldron
March 22nd, 2009, 07:07 AM
Nice boards! Here's my board, not the latest version as I replaced the t.c. vintage distortion by a crowther double hot cake.

The whole board is powered by a voodoo lab pedal power II

No pics for me dude! :confused:

Gutmann
March 22nd, 2009, 08:56 AM
Don't know why - aren't the links working?

sunvalleylaw
March 22nd, 2009, 09:01 AM
Just FYI, I merged the old "Show us your Pedalboards" thread into the front of this one so we would have a good continuous view of our Board boards. Keep posting guys! Update if your board is different from the one you posted before.

Tibernius
March 22nd, 2009, 09:04 AM
Don't know why - aren't the links working?

You need to login to that website otherwise the pictures won't show up.

Gutmann
March 22nd, 2009, 09:22 AM
Oh, I see:thwap: - here I got them in minor quality.

:beer:

Uli

Bobbo
March 22nd, 2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks tone,

This thread is excellent I am going to start building a board soon and this will help a great deal. What a great website this is.

Thanks all.

M29

Glad you dig it .. I love seeing what everyone is using and how they set it up too !!! :bravo:

hubberjub
March 22nd, 2009, 02:25 PM
I posted my old board last year but it's changed a lot since then. It's going to change more soon.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/hubberjub/IMG_1378.jpg
It's missing a couple of pedals that I took into the studio to record with and didn't put back. I also haven't mounted my DVM comp yet but I am loving it. The board is a Pedaltrain Pro and I have a BBE Supa-Charger mounted underneath. All of the wiring is Planet Waves pedal kit. I am also running through a Pedalsnake. This allows me to run my filters and overdrives into the front of the amp and place my time based effects in the loop. I can also send power through the snake.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/hubberjub/IMG_1385.jpg
Here are some of the pedals I might be switching out. The DVM Tight Squeeze is going on and I would like to somehow work the Moogerfooger Low Pass filter in there. I will probably lose the Line 6 filter pedal (purple) and the Whammy which I don't really use anymore.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/hubberjub/IMG_1386.jpg

Fab4
March 24th, 2009, 10:42 PM
File this one under "Nothing Exceeds Like Excess."

I dismantled my rack system, combined that stuff with a few other things I had accumulated, then topped it all off with a new pedal or two and this is what I ended up with:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/927649c9b33674082.jpg

I have a smaller board that usually goes out (the "Totally Board"), but this one (the "Insanely Board") saw use in a theater show where we did everything from show tunes to "I Think I Love You" to "Beat It." I actually swapped out the trem for a fuzz (for the Beat It solo) and replaced the Deja Vibe with another boost and yet another delay, both used for specific sounds on one song each...so this thing actually had MORE pedals on it, but I was only running in mono, not stereo like it is here.

Someone looked over my amp and asked if I was building a bomb...

hubberjub
March 26th, 2009, 07:07 AM
How do you like that Fulltone Wah Fab?

Fab4
March 26th, 2009, 07:52 AM
How do you like that Fulltone Wah Fab?

It seems to work great, but I don't really use a wah that much. That's why I put it on the big board that I'll only use on special occasions.

I have a an old Thomas Organ Vox Cry Baby that I got when I was in junior high school (back when dinosaurs ruled the earth) and overall the Fulltone seems cleaner and smoother. The Fulltone also has a DC adapter jack, so I don't have to worry about batteries.

The biggest plus, though, is the Fulltone's true bypass circuit. I could really hear a treble loss when I plugged in the Vox. Joe Bonamassa says he's accustomed to that treble loss from his Vox wah and just compensates with a little more treble on the amp. Good for him, but since I don't use it that much, I really didn't want to degrade my signal chain right up front. The Fulltone was worth the investment for the bypass alone.

Guitar-Chris
April 11th, 2009, 01:32 PM
So, I did an update to my board:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/2949e0ed2c9066e.jpg

I changed the delay an d the chorus. Now there's a Boss DD-7 Delay with extra tap-tempo trigger and a EHX Small Clone instead of the Marshall chorus.

There will be two other effects added. I'm building a LPB-1 an a Box of Rock from some "Do-it-yourself-kits".

Kazz
April 12th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Man...I don't even care what that purple Line 6 product is supposed to do...I gotta get one....Purple is my favorite color.....Gotta Have It.....GAAASSS

guitarman19853
April 17th, 2009, 12:13 PM
As it currently sits...

http://www.ryan-white.net/guitar_resources/DSCF5591%20(Small).JPG

Lev
May 1st, 2009, 05:55 AM
Everything is pretty cheap and cheerful but it all works and sounds pretty good.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff250/plevins/DSC00138.jpg

M29
May 2nd, 2009, 05:04 AM
My most recent board. I really got into the recent Danelectro's and am very happy with them. I had an MI Audio Blues Pro and Tube Zone and an OCD but I am pretty content with these two for now. I have a Bad Monkey around here too. All this fits into a sweet case that I got from fellow fretter Tone, Thanks Tone.

http://webpages.charter.net/tankm4/pedboard.jpg

M

Gutmann
May 2nd, 2009, 07:05 AM
This is a update from my board - once again the ultimate solution:whatever:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_NHrKcz_FQRE/SfxDRQDpwqI/AAAAAAAAAGc/U8souDHJzo4/s640/SANY0105.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_NHrKcz_FQRE/SfxCtpvbIGI/AAAAAAAAAGU/J9xNsd27JHQ/s640/SANY0110.JPG

Mr Grumpy
May 2nd, 2009, 08:42 AM
Hmm dont actually have a board as yet, work in progress. I do have the pedals to go on it (GAS for a pedal tuner) though....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/noddyman/pedals.jpg

sunvalleylaw
May 3rd, 2009, 08:53 AM
Lev, do you like your Line 6 Echo Park? It seems to be in the running for a good, economical delay with Tap Tempo.

vroomery
May 4th, 2009, 12:37 AM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s67/vroomery/Photo1.jpg

I built the pedalboard with my dad 2 christmases ago. We modeled it after nyc pedalboards for those who were wondering. It's been very sturdy and reliable so far.

Right now its set up running first through an A/B switcher to use the two channels on my hot rod deluxe. A goes straight to the amp to preserve that glorious clean that I love. B goes through the effects loop which is as of now...

MXR Dyna Comp -> Full-Drive 2 -> Dunlop Volume -> GGG Tremelo -> DL4

All powered by Voodoo Pedal Power 2.

I have the kit for a GGG tube screamer that I just haven't build yet, but should be doing in the next week or so. I'm also thinking pretty strongly about removing the comp. I just don't think I use it enough to warrant a spot on the board. Plus the fact that it's really really noisy.

markb
May 4th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Pretty cool board, vroomery. Is that a earlier non-mosfet toggle switch FD2? I must say I found the mosfet version too bright for my rig. I hear these are a bit smoother.

Lev
May 4th, 2009, 03:16 AM
Lev, do you like your Line 6 Echo Park? It seems to be in the running for a good, economical delay with Tap Tempo.

I like it a lot SVL, but there's pro's and con's to it. For me I needed a compact pedal with a tap tempo that would give me U2 type delays coz we cover a lot of their stuff in the band. With the dotted 8 setting and modulation this pedal is basically the Edge in a box! There's so much more to this pedal like the ambient swell sounds, it can realy get the creative juices flowing. I read some reviews that complained about the tap tempo, but for me it works great. Tap lightly for tempo and hard to engage the effect. The pedal mechanism is quite responsive and you can feel a click under your foot when you engage. I've never inadvertently engaged the pedal when tapping the tempo.

A couple of negatives, there a slight but noticeable increase in volume when you engage the pedal. As I'm using mostly in a band situation it's not an issue but at home/studio this might get annoying.

The second negative is that it adds some noise to you signal when it's engaged. I'm actually not sure if it really adds noise or whether the slight volume boost just makes any existing noise in your chain more audable.

Again for the record these negatives are slight but noticeable, they don't bother me but others have given up on this pedal because of them. You're not going to get rack quality delays in a small $100 pedal without some compimises, and I do belive that some of the models are that good!

t_ross33
May 11th, 2009, 09:01 PM
A crappy cellphone pic, but the best I can do for now...

Includes GNX3000 Guitar Workstation, Audio-technica wireless, Behringer A/B to switch between wireless (electrics) and cable (acoustic), Marshall compressor, 7-band EQ. A couple of quick connections and I'm ready to rock! :rockon:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/t_ross33/pedalboard.jpg

I have to get some better patch cables and work on cleaning up the power supply wiring, but works for me for now.

Mick
May 12th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Just got this setup a few days ago.

Road Runner Pedalboard
Boss ML-2 Metal Core
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker
Visual Sound 1 SPOT Combo Pack
Monster Rock Cables

http://micknewton.smugmug.com/photos/534590553_FfFKK-M.jpg (http://micknewton.smugmug.com/photos/534590553_FfFKK-O.jpg)

I'll be adding more goodies in the near future.

Rubenegg
June 27th, 2009, 08:15 AM
So here's mine. I really like to combine delays and distortions.
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/65/l_3cc2c749378447f1b92f07968c4b1dc2.jpg

FrankenFretter
June 27th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Having put the EQ in the effects loop seems to have been a mistake. I honestly think it sounded more present when it was the last effect in the input chain.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/U_NOtPh_9XHhtiXqBxnvzA?feat=directlink

Mick
July 13th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Road Runner Pedalboard
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker
Boss ML-2 Metal Core
Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress
Visual Sound 1 SPOT Combo Pack
Monster Rock Cables

http://micknewton.smugmug.com/photos/589609204_CvC7F-M.jpg (http://micknewton.smugmug.com/photos/589609204_CvC7F-O.jpg)

I'm very happy with all of the products that make up this board. I especially like the CFH wah and the Electric Mistress. They're both super well made and wicked fun to play with.

tunghaichuan
July 13th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Here are a few pix of my pedal boards from the late 80s/early 90s:

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs167.snc1/6249_102265817054_666597054_2216084_431297_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs167.snc1/6249_102265827054_666597054_2216085_600911_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs167.snc1/6249_102265832054_666597054_2216086_1375782_n.jpg

tung

rylanmartin
July 30th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I'm constantly moving stuff around and re-arranging, but this it my home made pedal board so far. I bought a Gator Keyboard case to carry it around in.

It's an old piece of counter-top, spray painted black with industrial strength velcro on it. I might go out this week and buy some metal corners, as it's starting to get pretty chewed up from constant transporting.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1997/pedboard.jpg (http://img220.imageshack.us/i/pedboard.jpg/) http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/pedboard.jpg/1/w640.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img220/pedboard.jpg/1/)

Thus far:

Guitar >> Korg Pitch Black Tuner >> Digitech EX-7 >> Vox Wah >> Dunlop Univibe >> Boss NF1 Noise Gate >> Digitech Screaming Blue OD/Distortion >>Boss DS1 Distortion >> EH Double Muff >> ZVEX Box of Rock >> Digitech Whammy >> Vox Cooltron Snake Charmer Compressor >> Vox AC30CC amp > effects loop >> Boss RT20 Rotary >> Marshall Supervibe Chorus >> Dunlop High Gain Volume >> TC Electronics Nova Delay >> *not on pedal board yet, but on order* Line 6 Verbzilla > effects loop return

I think I might downsize fairly soon...my back get sore from this thing...

marnold
July 30th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Heh. I was going to ask if it came with reinforcement rods for your spine :)

ibanezjunkie
July 30th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Everything is pretty cheap and cheerful but it all works and sounds pretty good.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff250/plevins/DSC00138.jpg

i have that power supply.

got it for a tenner :rotflmao:

vroomery
July 30th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Pretty cool board, vroomery. Is that a earlier non-mosfet toggle switch FD2? I must say I found the mosfet version too bright for my rig. I hear these are a bit smoother.

Yeah thats the non-mosfet fulldrive 2. I now have a self built general guitar gadgets ts clone to cover some of the areas that the fd2 can't. I like the fd2 but when i play some more bluesy stuff it's almost too smooth and doesn't react well the pick striking velocity. In other words, with the ts clone I can pull the drive down to about 9 or 10 oclock and have a nice boosted sound with a soft touch of the pick and then i can really dig into it and get it to break up. The fd2 is so smooth that it breaks up at a really early point and kinda ruins that clean sound when i play softer. It's still plenty good for other things though :D

deeaa
July 30th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Ah, I just posted this a while back...din't see there was a thread..
http://deeaa.pp.fi/pedalboard09.jpg

rylanmartin
July 30th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Heh. I was going to ask if it came with reinforcement rods for your spine :)

The keyboard case I have it in is pretty sweet...has wheels and everything....but this pedal board weighs about as much as my Vox AC30.

For small gigs I just use a POD X3 Live and no amp.... I can sleep without ice packs those nights...

ibanezjunkie
August 1st, 2009, 02:36 PM
http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/LeadGuitar2009/P010809_2127.jpg

Harley Benton Powerplant
line6 floor pod
BOSS GE-7
BOSS MD-2

ibanezjunkie
August 1st, 2009, 02:40 PM
I'm constantly moving stuff around and re-arranging, but this it my home made pedal board so far. I bought a Gator Keyboard case to carry it around in.

It's an old piece of counter-top, spray painted black with industrial strength velcro on it. I might go out this week and buy some metal corners, as it's starting to get pretty chewed up from constant transporting.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1997/pedboard.jpg (http://img220.imageshack.us/i/pedboard.jpg/) http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/pedboard.jpg/1/w640.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img220/pedboard.jpg/1/)

Thus far:

Guitar >> Korg Pitch Black Tuner >> Digitech EX-7 >> Vox Wah >> Dunlop Univibe >> Boss NF1 Noise Gate >> Digitech Screaming Blue OD/Distortion >>Boss DS1 Distortion >> EH Double Muff >> ZVEX Box of Rock >> Digitech Whammy >> Vox Cooltron Snake Charmer Compressor >> Vox AC30CC amp > effects loop >> Boss RT20 Rotary >> Marshall Supervibe Chorus >> Dunlop High Gain Volume >> TC Electronics Nova Delay >> *not on pedal board yet, but on order* Line 6 Verbzilla > effects loop return

have you had some fun with photoshop, or is there really an oldskool nintendo controller on your pedalboard?:rotflmao:

rylanmartin
August 1st, 2009, 03:29 PM
have you had some fun with photoshop, or is there really an oldskool nintendo controller on your pedalboard?:rotflmao:
I found that at a gift shop. It's a little metal box for mints. I put velcro on the bottom and keep picks and a nail clipper and small furry woodland creatures in there. When my Line 6 Verbzilla comes and takes that spot, I will sadly remove it probably.

duhvoodooman
August 1st, 2009, 03:55 PM
I don't use a board, cuz I just play in my back room. But I seriously lost control of this pedal chain at some point about a year ago. Oh, yeah--there's 16 more unused pedals sitting just off camera to the right.... :thwap:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/pedal_chain_080109.jpg

FWIW, here's how it's set up:

From the guitar, I go into that little blue-gray A/B switch at lower right, which splits to either the main pedal chain or into that dark gray Behringer tuner tucked in between pedals on the left.

The main signal chain then runs into a BYOC Triboost and ESV Fuzz (neither of which like to be behind a buffered pedal), and then into the white Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor. The noise reduction loop of the NS-2 has almost all of my "gain boxes", which is that entire front row from the NS-2 down to the orange phaser, and around the corner to the Rabid Rodent (modified Rat clone) and Mega-Muff (modified EH Big Muff). I've also got my wah, an envelope filter (autowah), and that orange phaser pedal in the loop, too, because I like having gain pedals before and after them, for different sounds. The output of the Muff clone runs around the back of the amps and into the "return" jack of the NS-2.

From there, the signal goes through the Radial Tonebone Classic (I wanted one gain box after the NS-2 loop, and that's a very quiet pedal) and on through my modulation/time-shift effects--tremolo, chorus, flanger, analog delay and finally a Digitech DigiVerb reverb pedal. Into the amps from there....

ibanezjunkie
August 1st, 2009, 04:17 PM
DVM, thats an impressive setup considering you only play in your back room. gotta get up on stage and make some noise!

i suppose most of your setup is made up of your own builds, i wish i had the time/concentration/knowledge to build those BYOC kit things, but they dont seem to be available britside anyhow :reallymad:

duhvoodooman
August 1st, 2009, 05:04 PM
i suppose most of your setup is made up of your own builds....Yup, mostly. 19 pedals there (not counting the little blue-gray AB switch at the bottom right)--12 are mine and 7 are commercial pedals.

i wish i had the time/concentration/knowledge to build those BYOC kit things, but they dont seem to be available britside anyhow :reallymad:
Au contraire, mon ami!

http://www.vibe-o-tronic.co.uk/products.php?brand=1&type=1

rylanmartin
August 1st, 2009, 06:40 PM
Voodoo, how hard would it be to create a boost pedal out of my metal nintendo mints container? It's the size of an original nintendo controller. Call it a "1up" or something.... Is that attainable? :D

duhvoodooman
August 3rd, 2009, 08:35 AM
Voodoo, how hard would it be to create a boost pedal out of my metal nintendo mints container? It's the size of an original nintendo controller. Call it a "1up" or something.... Is that attainable? :D
Prolly not too hard at all. Can you give me the exact measurements of the Nintendo enclosure? Depth tends to be the controlling factor, since you need to be able to get I/O jacks in there.

What kind of boost did you have in mind, Rylan? Rangemaster-style treble boost? LPB clone? Something like Jack Orman's Mini or MOSFET boosters? Maybe a ZVex SHO clone? They're all pretty small circuits and should fit in there fine....

ibanezjunkie
August 6th, 2009, 08:13 AM
i bet a clone of the EHX LPB-1 would fit easily in the nintendo box, the nano-pedal cases (nano muff, LPB, nano metal muff) are tiny anyhow.

ibanezjunkie
August 6th, 2009, 08:17 AM
ive been thinking about adding moreto my pedalboard now ive got the board space, im not too fond of the digital wah, so im gonna get an analogue wah pedal at some point (probably a V847a) and maybe a more br00talz distortion for metal and stuff, line6's distortion models are noisy, the floor podwould simply become my reverb, phase,flange, chorus, delay and echo pedal.

would i be plagued by idiot's remorse if iwas to setup like this?

guitar-> analogue wah pedal -> brootals distortion -> multi FX processor -> boss distortion-> EQ -> amp

?

sunvalleylaw
August 23rd, 2009, 10:47 PM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/pedalboard-1.jpg

Updated pic showing the whole family (except the Korg multifx which is at work and the Peavey footswitch for channel selection and verb). The Chorus Ensemble CE-5 is the one you can't read due to reflection.

Guitar-Chris
September 20th, 2009, 05:21 AM
My old board in a Warwick Rockcase got to small so I had to build a new one:

Its dimensions are 80*40 cm.

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_294ab60f8e90a07.jpg ('http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1301')

Boss TU2
HB01 WahWah
DIY Linear Power Bosster LPB-1
Digitech Bad Monkey
DIY Box of Rock Clone
HB OD-100
Boss DS-1
Marshall Guv'nor Plus
Artec Soloist Distortion
EHX Small Clone
HB DD-2
Boss DD-7 (with DIY TapTempo)

Half of them are screwed down to the board, the other half has got Velcro underneath.

schenkadere
October 10th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I'm strictly a bedroom player these days.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/Schenkadere/myrig002.jpg

markb
October 10th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Kind of settled on this for now. The pedal on the amp is an Ibanez 60s Fuzz I'm thinking of using instead of the "Marshall" channel on the amp. The footswitch is for channel switching.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3496/3999005727_519cf1b257.jpg

deeaa
October 11th, 2009, 12:32 PM
This is my current 'sized down' setup.

http://deeaa.pp.fi/images/117.jpg

First the wah, then tuner, then a pan pedal for choosing between rather clean and rather driven inputs 2 and 3 on the amp.

On the clean side I have a compressor (ED-1) and on the dirty side I have the Jackhammer OD (JH-1).

I had to put the OD after the pan pedal because I just think that the sound of the OD is only right when it goes directly to the amp...if it sees just another silicon chip the sound is quite different indeed. And now that I have it set up like this I can keep the OD and comp on all the time, all I need is rock the pan pedal to change between sounds. Sweet! I hate doing the pedal dance.

FusedGrooves
October 11th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Pretty simple - Boss ME-50 Fx with Boss RC-50 Looper.....

This pic was when I first bought the case a few weeks back, have since re-routed things and made it look a bit neater (sorry for poor pic qual)

Bobbo
October 18th, 2009, 10:35 AM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/bobbovisme/2009_10130004.jpg

epi0205
December 24th, 2009, 02:44 AM
I get a kick outta this ol' Boss GT6. Tons of stuff to
roll thru. I did pick up a Barber LTD about 2 weeks
ago. Really cool disto/gain... Have an older Digitech
GSP-21 legend that's alot of fun too..?

tony grazioso
January 9th, 2010, 04:10 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/MALICIOUS_DAMAGE/Picture003.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/MALICIOUS_DAMAGE/Picture006.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/MALICIOUS_DAMAGE/Picture009.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/MALICIOUS_DAMAGE/Picture010.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/MALICIOUS_DAMAGE/Picture011.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/MALICIOUS_DAMAGE/Picture012.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/MALICIOUS_DAMAGE/Picture013.jpg

total cost + labor = next to nothing!!!!

the tube screamer has the 17 point mod. I'm also thinking of stripping the paint off of the thing and buffing it out to a high gloss shine. the old Wah also has a few mods done to it, mostly changed out a few resistors. I think what really brought this thing to life was throwing in a 100k resistor, just like the old clyde wah's.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/MALICIOUS_DAMAGE/bosspedal2.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/MALICIOUS_DAMAGE/bosspedal2.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/MALICIOUS_DAMAGE/DSC01601.jpg

deeaa
January 10th, 2010, 12:32 AM
That's great! I wonder...maybe it'd be possible to use plastic ties for attaching pedals. That'd be firm if you can find a way to attach them.

How rigid is that frame? Doesn't it buckle when you press the wah on etc? I have this problem that I use a lot of pan pedal and wah and hopping on them sometimes moves/jerks the whole board so that cable contacts break for a while causing breaks in signal...even though it's pretty sturdy wood.

tony grazioso
January 10th, 2010, 10:58 AM
That's great! I wonder...maybe it'd be possible to use plastic ties for attaching pedals. That'd be firm if you can find a way to attach them.

How rigid is that frame? Doesn't it buckle when you press the wah on etc? I have this problem that I use a lot of pan pedal and wah and hopping on them sometimes moves/jerks the whole board so that cable contacts break for a while causing breaks in signal...even though it's pretty sturdy wood.

Hi Deeaa, the frame is pretty rigid. i had to adjust the switch of the wah so i dont have to stomp on the thing to turn it on and off. if you check out pics 11-13 i show how i attach the pedals to the frame (the frame, which is shelving from home depot)..if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
:AOK

deeaa
January 10th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Hi Deeaa, the frame is pretty rigid. i had to adjust the switch of the wah so i dont have to stomp on the thing to turn it on and off. if you check out pics 11-13 i show how i attach the pedals to the frame (the frame, which is shelving from home depot)..if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Yeah I saw the metal plate system..clever but I dunno how'd I make those or get the wide velcro...would get pretty expensive methinks. How do you get the metal plates with the threaded bolt sticking out the middle? Are they all sized as pedals? Mine are all different size from large round ones to long wah etc.

I've used bicycle chain loops...you know, remove the back plate, put the screws back and a chain loop between so it sticks out and you get these 'ears' to screw the pedals down with. It's sturdy, but hard to change pedals around.

deeaa
January 10th, 2010, 11:27 AM

Yeah I saw the metal plate system..clever but I dunno how'd I make those or get the wide velcro...would get pretty expensive methinks. How do you get the metal plates with the threaded bolt sticking out the middle? Are they all sized as pedals? Mine are all different size from large round ones to long wah etc.

I've used bicycle chain loops...you know, remove the back plate, put the screws back and a chain loop between so it sticks out and you get these 'ears' to screw the pedals down with. It's sturdy, but hard to change pedals around.

tony grazioso
January 10th, 2010, 02:36 PM

the bike chain sounds like a really great idea!!!...:dude ... the metal plate system was easy. First cut a strip of metal proportioned to the pedal (a hardware store should be able to sell you strips of metal stock)Then, drill a hole in the metal plate. Its important to drill a countersink hole so the top of the screw sits flush with the piece of metal. After that, cut a piece of velcro the same length as the metal and apply....its that easy!!!..some people dont like to have velcro on the bottom of their pedals...:what..if this is the case try tracing your pedal on a sheet of aluminum and cutting that out and applying the velcro to that......here are some more pics of the pedalboard including underneath...now, i just need you buy a case for the thing.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/MALICIOUS_DAMAGE/Picture003-1.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/MALICIOUS_DAMAGE/Picture002.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/MALICIOUS_DAMAGE/Picture001.jpg

this is the velcro i used...it could hold an elephant to the ceiling!!!!
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/MALICIOUS_DAMAGE/Picture004.jpg

wingsdad
January 11th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Kind of settled on this for now. The pedal on the amp is an Ibanez 60s Fuzz I'm thinking of using instead of the "Marshall" channel on the amp. The footswitch is for channel switching.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3496/3999005727_519cf1b257.jpg
Wow...forsaking the 'Marshall' Channel on the T60 for the IBZ Fuzz... Why, praytell ?:confused: I'm guessing you used to use the Boss FS with your forsaken ME-50? I still use the Channel/Boost switch that came with my T60, and the Behringer AB200 is hooked to the ME-50 for switching banks and bypassing.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/wingsdad/Guitar%20Amps/T21-ME50-STRAT_4911.jpg

Spudman
January 11th, 2010, 01:40 PM

The idea is to get all your pedals together in the configuration that you want first. Mentally plan how they would go in order on your board as well. Spend weeks getting this figured out first. Then position and mark slightly on the board the place where each pedal would go. If you do all of this first then changing pedals around should not happen too often. In which case it only takes a minute to remove 4 screws that are holding each pedal in place. Make it easy on yourself and don't use long fixing screws. I use a 3/8 or 1/2 inch wood screw like this http://www.clock-keys.com/CART/images/18843.JPG
and it takes no time at all to unscrew 4 of them to make changes.

The Velcro and plate thing is really a time water to build and costs a lot more than bicycle chain. I've found the bike chain to be the simplest most secure way to affix pedals without altering anything about the pedal.

mainestratman
February 15th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Here's my old pedalboard... I'm actually going to make another one because I want all the cables and power underneath... as well as a dedicated power outlet to plug in my Dunlap power supply and Rocktron... oh yeah.. and two new-to-me pedals that are en route. :-D

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/109764b5f53117c5c6.jpg

rylanmartin
February 25th, 2010, 11:14 AM
My pedalboard has taken an interested evolution over just the last year.

It started out as just a Line 6 POD XT Live, then I traded up for the POD X3 Live. I just started going crazy with stomp boxes this last year. My first true pedal board is this beast: Fig.1

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/102344a71a9afd04e3.jpg
It's a piece of countertop I spray painted black and covered in velcro. I carried it around in a keyboard case.

As this got to be VERY heavy I felt the need to downsize. I purchased a Pedaltrain 2 and tried to limit myself to it's dimensions. Which brings me to Fig. 2

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/102344a7609108f09f.jpg
http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/102344a760910a5152.jpg

I then got bored and threw just about everything up for sale and swapped, sold, and traded away. I have now ended up with this indulgent control room of toys... (Which includes an addition of vocal effects - TC Helicon Voice Live - Which I have never used in the past) My current rig - Fig. 3

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/102344b86ac14abbc6.jpg

And I still keep my POD around as a backup. I use it a lot when I'm teaching lessons: Fig. 4

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/102344b86ac14bbdc0.jpg

Kazz
March 22nd, 2010, 04:30 AM
Ok...finally got around to starting my pedal board project yesterday. I had a waste strip of some pretty good MDF that was about 18" deep. I cut 2 boards out of it that are 24" wide and 18" deep. Did that so I could get some height off the floor. Then I had a piece of Cherry laying around from an old books shelf it is 8 7/8" wide so I cut it down to 18 inches leaving me 6" of non raised height at the end where the Wah will sit. I decided to go with the 8 7/8" Cherry vertical riser because it was deep enough for my new (to me) Big Muff Pi to sit on and the Jekyll and Hyde pedal and BBE Fuzz fits up there pretty good and elevates them so that when I use the single size case pedals on the lower row it will not interfere. I will post some pictures probably this coming weekend before I start with the flat black paint to black it all out. I am still thinking about getting some inexpensive black/gray carpeting to cover it with...but from my computer experience, the static electricity possibilities worry me some. I will be using Spud's bicycle chain method to fasten the pedals to the board. I bought a new chain some time back and borrowed a co-worker's chain tool to take about half of the chain apart so I would have enough links to last me pretty much a lifetime :-).

Kestrel
June 5th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Here's what I'm currently using.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/DSCN4932.jpg

TC Electronic Polytune into the Digitech RP1000 with a ModTone Aqua Chorus and a Visual Sound Garage Tone Analog Delay in the pedal loop then to a Digitech JamMan Solo looper.

deeaa
July 7th, 2010, 11:24 AM
My pedalboard model...um, XVII or somethging:

http://deeaa.pp.fi/images/IMAG0310.jpg

FrankenFretter
May 8th, 2012, 09:16 PM
It's been a while since the last pedalboard pic; here's my latest incarnation, minus the EQ pedal that's in my Blackstar effects loop at the moment, and the RP50 that's in my computer room for recording purposes -

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5272/6929004116_4be4d27cac_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54283110@N06/6929004116/)
My pedal board, as of April 2012 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54283110@N06/6929004116/) by FrankenFretter (http://www.flickr.com/people/54283110@N06/), on Flickr

deeaa
May 8th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Here's what my current pedalboard looks like:

http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/54656_l.jpg

Heheh...no, really, I do have a wah and a tuner nearby...but I have no more need for pedals after the JVM arrived.

guitartango
May 13th, 2012, 11:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7jFdu.jpg

This is my brother's pedal board and yes 4 Pete Cornish pedals !!!!!

cebreez
January 7th, 2013, 02:30 PM
This is my board as of right now! I really need a bigger board.
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z326/Cebreez/Instruments%20and%20Gear/Amps%20and%20Effects/IMG_1784.jpg

Left side of board is the Fender Volume pedal. Top L-R - First Aid Kit(Sonic Stomp), Thunderpuss(Clean Boost), Southern Tremolo(Modded EA), Boss GE-7 Equalizer,^behind^ BBE Orange Squeeze - Building a MoRC Compressor to replace it, Low Rider(Double Octave Down), Bottom Row L-R - Dun-Delay(Cave Dweller), SoftFx(Pork Barrel AKA CE-2 chorus), The Langerham(Current Lover Flanger), Smoothie(Phase 45), Boss DS-1 w/ Keeley Tube Drive Mod., StringBean(Aka GreenBean, Greenie, TS808, Well moddified!) And off the right side of the board lies a MI Audio Blues Pro and a Red Llama clones boxed together and a two button switch box for my Classic 30 amp. Riding on the back of the board is a secondary power supply( A very cheap one) allowing me up to 14 9Vdc outputs plus 4 18Vdc outputs, also riding on the back is my Samson UHF Wireless.

My next board will have Remote switching for rack mounted effects, lights, built in Microphone mount, personal monitor, and some type of computer mounting system, Ipad or Mobile PC.

Tig
February 1st, 2013, 10:40 AM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8327/8435877542_fe0a617dc6_c.jpg

Perfect Stranger
February 2nd, 2013, 05:45 AM
Here is a custom pedalboard built for me by a friend that owns Jofaboards (http://www.jofaboards.com).
It was inspired and designed based on the ol' '57 Chevy pictured. Works
like a champ, and I bet there's not another like it in the world.

http://i45.tinypic.com/200pbn4.jpg http://i48.tinypic.com/2sb5rw7.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2rh8txz.jpg http://i48.tinypic.com/2gx1r7o.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2eqfgy9.jpg

marnold
February 2nd, 2013, 08:15 AM
That's pretty sweet, Perfect Stranger!

Tig
February 2nd, 2013, 09:14 AM
Dang, that's the coolest pedal board I've ever seen, PS! :applause

I was looking at some 1x3 boards yesterday, trying to come up with a design. I like the varied angles yours has. Hmmmm...

Perfect Stranger
February 2nd, 2013, 09:32 AM
Thanks guys! if anyone is interested his business is www.jofaboards.com

markb
February 3rd, 2013, 06:45 PM
Here is a custom pedalboard built for me by a friend that owns Jofaboards (http://www.jofaboards.com).
It was inspired and designed based on the ol' '57 Chevy pictured. Works
like a champ, and I bet there's not another like it in the world.

http://i45.tinypic.com/200pbn4.jpg http://i48.tinypic.com/2sb5rw7.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2rh8txz.jpg http://i48.tinypic.com/2gx1r7o.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2eqfgy9.jpg

A lovely looking board. You need to tell me about that Carl Martin DC Drive ;)

Perfect Stranger
February 4th, 2013, 07:20 AM
A lovely looking board. You need to tell me about that Carl Martin DC Drive ;)

The Carl Martin is excellent. One of my favorites. Everything from subtle OD to in your face distortion. Amazing sustain....and very quiet.

cebreez
February 8th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Thanks guys! if anyone is interested his business is www.jofaboards.com

Nice looking stuff and very reasonable prices!

Monkus
February 13th, 2013, 12:14 PM
I've been wanting a pedalboard since June 2012, and tried a few pedals, liked a few. I've decided on these and have the Visual Sound OD and the Tonebug reverb coming in this week. We'll see if they make it on to the pedalboard.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff416/shawn296/Pedalboard15.jpg

sixstringdrug
February 23rd, 2013, 09:18 PM
here's mine.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/6stringdrug/IMG_2664.jpg

I need to paint it and mount the pedals but I'm waiting on my power supply and bypass looper before everything becomes permanantly mounted. No velcro, I got these neat little figure 8 dohickeys that attach to the bottom og the pedal and then screw into the board. And, of course, the board is a fluid thing and the layout may change as the wind blows my mood around!!! I've got som pedal GAS that I might need to take care of sooner than later.
:spank

Tig
February 25th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Updated with an actual board!
(Thx, Bob)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8226/8508360704_28a1980274_c.jpg

Guitar > Budda Budwah wah > Wampler Ego Compressor > Catalinbread RAH > Electro Harmonix Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive > EarthQuaker Devices Hoof Reaper Octave Fuzz > Red Witch Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo > TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato > MXR Carbon Copy > Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb > Morley A/B Switchbox to amps

otaypanky
February 26th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Did you get the Gator power supply Tig?

Tig
February 26th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Did you get the Gator power supply Tig?

Nah, I still use the One Spot with an extension daisy chain. It covers my needs for now.

cebreez
February 28th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Hey Tig...! How do you like the "Hardwire Supernatural"? I've been real curious about those and though I've been pretty insistent on building all of my pedals I might have to pick one up and try it.

Tig
February 28th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Hey Tig...! How do you like the "Hardwire Supernatural"? I've been real curious about those and though I've been pretty insistent on building all of my pedals I might have to pick one up and try it.

It is pretty cool. It captures all the standard spring, plate, room, & hall reverbs really well. The unique atmospheric 'verb settings are what makes it different, like the mod plate (slow swirling chorus), shimmer (octave effect), supernova, and the ultra cool pherb (slight phaser). It even works well with a bass.

Still, you can't go wrong with the TC Hall of Fame or EHX Holy Grail, for instance.

http://youtu.be/XXb4OVd_p80

More demo's here:
http://proguitarshop.com/andyscorner/hardwire-supernatural-more-info

cebreez
February 28th, 2013, 03:51 PM
I've got the EHX Holy Grail and most of my amps have spring reverb but right now in order to get deep spacey verb I have to mix the reverb + delay + phaser? etc. The less buttons I have to remember to push while gigging the better. And I like the fact that the phasing only happens in the tails. Im thinking of ordering some rub-a-dub reverb boards and some cave dweller delay boards and do some playing. Problem is I have more boards than I have time or hardware.

Tig
February 28th, 2013, 04:20 PM
For the standard reverb types, I have to drop the Mix, Liveliness, and Decay knobs down to 9 or 10 O'clock levels, so there's plenty of deep reverb left in the tank.

The only real complaint I have is how hard it is to see the settings print unless it is lit up well. I know by feel which is which, but sometimes you want to see where it is at.

http://proguitarshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/u/supernatural-box_1.jpg

cebreez
February 28th, 2013, 05:29 PM
The only real complaint I have is how hard it is to see the settings print unless it is lit up well. I know by feel which is which, but sometimes you want to see where it is at.

I can understand that. My flanger is red with black lettering. Not practical in low light situations. Thankfully I hardly ever alter the settings. My delay and reverb though I've been playing with alot. Maybe too much. I shouldn't have to turn knobs before every song and its not practical to have multiple pedals of the same type though I know some people do. Makes the multi-fx pedals with presets make more and more sense. Yet that negates making any changes on the fly. I believe that topic was covered here.

Facejackets
April 22nd, 2013, 10:43 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/23/nysuse9u.jpg

The only thing I plan on adding is a delay. Probably a Carbon Copy.

Facejackets
April 22nd, 2013, 11:41 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/23/y6e7egep.jpg

All I need is a delay and I will be set.

Facejackets
April 23rd, 2013, 10:54 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/24/duvumepa.jpg