PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please

Mark
July 23rd, 2006, 03:19 PM
Hey guys Im getting close to finishing my first complete recording, I plan on posting it soon to assault ....your eardrums and get some critques. Heres the question I have taken a shot at Wonderful Tonight, my wifes favorite song. She has it coming with all the GAS attacks and all LOL. Now I cant post it at soundclick due to copyright law, like someone would buy my rendition, but the law is the law so Ill follow it. Would I be able to post it at someplace like savefile. Any advice is welcomed

THX
Mark

Guitar-Chris
July 24th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Would I be able to post it at someplace like savefile. Any advice is welcomed

So copyright law is complicated and differs from country to country. Let's see what the situation is in germany: It is a problem if the file is opend to the public. The way itself doesn't matter. You can share it with a closed group of familiy members and friends.

So you are allowd to send it via Mail or so, but not to load it up to a open service.

That's only a brief overview about the situation. No guarantee.

marnold
July 24th, 2006, 07:52 AM
I'm not very familiar with sites like this, but aren't there places where you can post things that people can't buy?

Or you could just rename it "Very Nice This Evening." :)

tremoloman
July 24th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Why not post it to uploading.com in a ZIP file? That's what I do when I need to share stuff.

Mark
July 24th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Ok I figured that would probably be the proper way. While I enjoy Mr Claptons gitfiddle playing I dont think I would care for the tune his lawyers dance too! Im in the process of learming my way around mixing this thing down .....man I have been learning a lot since I got back to playing again. Ill post it soon so you guys can check it out.

Cranium
July 24th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I don't know why it would be illegal, unless you put it under your name covering songs isn't illegal...I think.

Guitar-Chris
July 24th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I don't know why it would be illegal, unless you put it under your name covering songs isn't illegal...I think.

If the owner of a song doesn't want you to play it, he don't have to allow it. Most times, they allow ist, but they have to be payd for it. So at all, it isn't illegal itself, but it depends on what the owner says.

In germany we have the GEMA, they cash the money for the copyright owner. So if you play a gig for an open audience with cover-songs, you have to pay a fee depending how many titles you play and how many people are in theaudience.