PDA

View Full Version : Cruising for a CV Tele in Maine.

ZMAN
March 24th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I took the afternoon and headed out to the two local guitar shops up here in Augusta Maine. I am visiting family there. I was looking for a CV Telecaster. The one downtown was just about closed. Only had a few cases and some cords. They were a marginal place at best. The second one had a bunch of guitars and amps and I was surprised to see a CV50s, 60s, and both colors of the Deluxe Strats there.
I could not believe the price of the amps. The Fender amps are out of site.
The pirces are going to put people into the lower end amps. I can just see Peavey and crate rubbing their hands together. Funny they had one of the original black Blues Juniors for 600 bucks and the Pro junior was only 375? The 65 Deluxe was 1200, and The tweed Blues Deluxe Reissue was 900.
I haven't been to guitar center in Portland yet. I was looking for the CV Telecaster but none around. Oh yea the CVs were 350 now. The Deluxes are still 249.

mrmudcat
March 24th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Dude im close to disgusta~

On rt.3 out towards Bar Harbor!!!!! ,About halFway UP A MOUNTAIN NICE !!!

Musicians choice was where ya saw the goods!!!

Steve and Frank are great guys!!!!!!

tjcurtin1
March 24th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Dude im close to disgusta~

On rt.3 out towards Bar Harbor!!!!! ,About halFway UP A MOUNTAIN NICE !!!

Mud - you're in Maine? I thought you were headed down south!

mrmudcat
March 24th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I am soon as I can but my boys have to finish school!!!!:thwap:

Believe this im so gone already:dude: :rockon:

ZMAN
March 25th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Cool I thought you were a Southern Dude. My daughter lives in Maine. She is a High school teacher.
Are there any other decent music shops around here?
We visitied Bar harbor last year. We have been up and down the coast quite a bit.
There are some pretty high elevations between here and the coast. So I can see where you say you are up a mountain.
She was pretty cool on Monday.
Yesterday we had a flock of Turkeys and a herd of Deer in the back yard.
And this is the capital city of Maine. The hunter in me was pretty excited.
I have a grudge with Turkeys, since one tried to go through my windshield last year on I-90.
And yes it was Musicians choice. I have also bought a lot of stuff at Buckdancers in Portland. Right now with the dollar at 128 or so it is cheaper to buy at home. But you never know when you can grab a bargain.
Oops I just checked, the exchange is at 123. Still a little high.

mrmudcat
March 25th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Born and raised in the south ,currently lost in maine but im going to find my way home!!!;)

ZMAN
March 25th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I spent about 4 months in NC when my daughter went to UNC. There is nothing better than the south in the spring. It is absolutley beutiful.
It would not take a Southerner long to tire of the winters up here in Maine.
Beliieve it or not thaey are worse than Canada.
Any other guitar places to cruise in Maine?

mrmudcat
March 25th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Bangor has a store,it is a parent store to musicians choice(music kingdom) is its name!:D

Last time there they had a purple jubilee stack ,never did get a full answer on the price:rotflmao:

ZMAN
March 26th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I guess it will be Portland then. Only 59 miles compared to 77. Two stores in Portand that I have dealt with. Thanks and when I head up Bangor way I will look for it.
How is the view today? It has been blue blue skys for a couple of days.
We are down to 1 snow pile on the front lawn.