PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite breakfast cereal?

Robert
March 25th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I must have coffee in the morning. I like some good bread some days, and other days I'm loving a bowl of Cap'n Crunch. :D Cheerios are nice too - I usually put some strawberry jam on top.

Oatmeal Porridge is also great, if I have time to make it. I'm usually about to get late for work every morning so it has to be a quick breakfast in order for me to make it on time. The prepared quick porridge packages you nuke for a minute don't appeal to me very much though. Too much sugar in them.

just strum
March 25th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Cheerios

It's not only my favorite, it's the only one I will eat.

Blaze
March 25th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Bran style cereal in wich i add all kind of berry fruits , bananas , nuts , raisins all covered with ground flax seed and a tea spoon of molasses .

Expresso coffee to activate the brain..

Delicious ,feeding and healthy..

street music
March 25th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Sugar SMACKS! That's my choice of cerals.

sumitomo
March 25th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Granola with the good seeds and nuts add fruit and almond milk.I haven't had coffee for two years now or a smoke either that's why no coffee(coffee and cigs breakfast of losers)Sumi:D

sunvalleylaw
March 25th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I eat either oatmeal (old fashioned not instant, mixed with steel cut), or a mix of oat or multigrain or flax flakes/o's and granola, and it must have fruit and vanilla soy milk. I like some cinnamon in there too.

marnold
March 25th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Little Chocolate Donuts (http://www.hulu.com/watch/2345/saturday-night-live-little-chocolate-donuts)

R_of_G
March 25th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Little Chocolate Donuts (http://www.hulu.com/watch/2345/saturday-night-live-little-chocolate-donuts)

Damn, you beat me to that one! :bravo:

Tone2TheBone
March 25th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Ya know I can't believe no one has posted this question yet. Good one. Mine is Honey Bunches of Oats. Second is Honey Combs and third is Crunch Berries.

bigoldron
March 25th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Honey Nut Cheeries. Also like Apple Jacks.

R_of_G
March 25th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Good call bigoldron. Apple Jacks are good stuff! The apple cinnamon cheerios are also quite good.

sunvalleylaw
March 25th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Can't forget grape nuts. "Many parts are edible . . ." ;)

Seriously, I kinda like grape nuts.

Suhnton
March 25th, 2009, 09:08 PM
I love oatmeal. Hot, cold, nuked, raw, on toast - tried it all and loved it. It's a little expensive in Japan though.

Spudman
March 25th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Honey Nut Os mixed with whole wheat Shredded Wheat or Fiber One or Basic 4 or whatever is in the house that's healthy. I've been doing combos for a long long time. Kind of the best of both worlds.

Robert
March 25th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I always mix and blend several kinds together, just to get more out of life. :)

sunvalleylaw
March 25th, 2009, 09:32 PM
If it was not clear from my above post, I am a mixer too. That goes for Thanksgiving dinner too. I get all the dressing, turkey, stuffing, cranberries, etc. and I could literally stir it up with a fork and then eat. Same thing with cereal or oatmeal. Oh, I also sometimes substitute good quality yogurt for the soy milk.

SuperSwede
March 26th, 2009, 12:18 AM
cereals??? ewww.. gimme that leftover pizza and a mug of black coffee.

Jimi75
March 26th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Coffee (lots of coffee), Italian white bread, Mozzarella, Tomatoes, and sometimes a load of Nutella (German hazlenut chocolate cream) put on a fresh warm French croissant! For cereals I go with the classic Kellog's Cornflakes sometimes put some fresh fruit in it.

mcgreggor57
March 26th, 2009, 05:26 AM
cereals??? ewww.. gimme that leftover pizza and a mug of black coffee.
:AOK:

Gil Janus
March 26th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Cheerios and Shredded Wheat - only milk, no sugar.

They have been my favorites for just about forever. I'll sit there and eat right out of a box of Cheerios as a snack while watching TV. :D :bravo:

Gil :cool:

duhvoodooman
March 26th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Hey, how about Calvin's favorite cereal--Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs!!

marnold
March 26th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Colon Blow (http://www.hulu.com/watch/10304/saturday-night-live-colon-blow)

Spudman
March 26th, 2009, 04:41 PM

Good memory. Very funny stuff. Phil was great.

just strum
March 26th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Good memory. Very funny stuff. Phil was great.

OT, that avatar must be to help rid yourself of cold weather - I hope it works for ya.

Bloozcat
March 27th, 2009, 06:46 AM
I only eat one cereal...oatmeal. Plain, old fashioned, Quaker Oats with some fresh fruit, chopped nuts, and honey.

Most processed cereals are really junk food with added vitamins. It's not that I never eat junk food, I just kind of draw the line at breakfast.

BluesHowler
March 27th, 2009, 08:18 PM
At my age I eat oatmeal with fruit most of the time. But I do love Captain Crunch or Cinnamon Toast Crunch a few times a year.

luvmyshiner
March 27th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Cereal?? Seriously guys, nothin' beats two eggs, fried sunny side up, hash browns, bacon, biscuits and gravy, and hot black coffee.

That's the breakfast of champions.:AOK:

pes_laul
March 27th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Kix, chex, and fruity pebbles are my way to go :AOK:

sunvalleylaw
March 27th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Cereal?? Seriously guys, nothin' beats two eggs, fried sunny side up, hash browns, bacon, biscuits and gravy, and hot black coffee.

I'll skip the biscuits and gravy (haven't had those since Denny's meals after bar closing time back in law school) but once in a great while, I love mixing the rest together on my plate (the coffee can stay in the mug), especially with some good hot sauce like Tapatio or Cholula. I like my eggs over easy though, and I like good whole wheat or rye toast as a pusher/soaker.

kiteman
March 29th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Hot buttered biscuits and gravy.

My gravy is a cream of mushroom soup.

SuperSwede
March 30th, 2009, 12:56 AM

MMM... tasty! Do you prefer thin bacon or the thicker canadian style bacon?

luvmyshiner
March 30th, 2009, 05:37 PM
MMM... tasty! Do you prefer thin bacon or the thicker canadian style bacon?

I personally like my bacon thin and crispy SS. But CB likes thicker bacon (but not canadian style). I usually compromise when we have BLT's, which is another thread all in itself.:drool:

By the way, has everyone forgotten the :pancake:

Robert
March 30th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Can't believe Warren hasn't stopped by this thread yet! :)

He surely would save the bacon! :D

tunghaichuan
March 30th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Haven't eaten breakfast cereal in a long time.

I love oatmeal, but haven't had it in a while.

These days its four scrambled eggs with lots of shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top. :AOK: I wash it down with green tea.

tung

sunvalleylaw
March 30th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Can't believe Warren hasn't stopped by this thread yet! :)

He surely would save the bacon! :D

He probably saw the term "breakfast cereal" and stayed waaaayy clear! :pancake: :pancake: (that's two pancakes up!)

Bloozcat
March 31st, 2009, 07:39 AM

"Looseners Castor Oil Flakes, with real Glycerine Vibrafoam. It's the all weather breakfast."

"Oh, it ain't no use if it ain't got the boost, the boost you get from Looseners."

duhvoodooman
March 31st, 2009, 08:46 AM

How long have you been on this health food kick, Shiner?

SuperSwede
March 31st, 2009, 09:32 AM
I personally like my bacon thin and crispy SS. But CB likes thicker bacon (but not canadian style). I usually compromise when we have BLT's, which is another thread all in itself.:drool:

By the way, has everyone forgotten the :pancake:

I like the thin and crispy bacon myself, especially on a BLT :)

You gotta have the real mayo on those and not that awful low fat variant which tastes awful.

birv2
March 31st, 2009, 06:24 PM
I forgot all about Calvin's Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs!
:bravo:

I favor boring old Wheaties.

Childbride
March 31st, 2009, 08:22 PM
I like the thin and crispy bacon myself, especially on a BLT :)

You gotta have the real mayo on those and not that awful low fat variant which tastes awful.

actually, breakfast for either of us is once in a blue moon.

i like bacon, but in stuff. my stomach doesn't wake up until around 10:30.

we love blt's; get green leafy lettuce and vine ripened tomatoes. lots of dill pickles and american cheese, on wheat bread.

sometimes we make them shiner's way, with prosciutto, and sometimes my way, with thick sliced bacon, slightly chewy.

always, always, always with hellmann's real mayo. ;)

sumitomo
March 31st, 2009, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=Robert]Can't believe Warren hasn't stopped by this thread yet! :)

Where is Warren? haven't seen him around lately,did he go on tour with the mange and the boys or maybe he's chasin' that splittail that was with em'? Sumi:D:confused: