PDA

View Full Version : Emmet Ray - Sean Penn - A great movie

Jimi75
March 26th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Did you guys see Sweet And Lowdown with Sean Penn. It's a movie where Penn plays Emmet Ray, the 2nd best Gypsy Jazz guitar player of his era, the only one better is Django Reinahrdt and the character of Emmet Ray develops a real kind of phobia against Django. Everytime he sees him he falls unconcious and throughout the entire film he calls him only "the French gypsy". It's one greast movie with great music and a great main actor in Penn who gives Emmet Ray an arrogant, snobby, pretentious, should I say f***** up touch :)
Penn immitates the guitar playing pretty well, not as good as Macchio "Karate Kid" in Crossroads but definitely so good that you don't feel stupid watching it.

Here's the trailer and if you have the chance to watch it somewhere, don't miss it.

x1X7hfx9BT0

Blaze
March 26th, 2009, 05:43 AM
It is a good film , i saw it twice ,Penn as always is awesome..

Actualy it s a Woody Allen film and his love for Jazz shows here again..

I m a true Woody s fan..

R_of_G
March 26th, 2009, 07:37 AM
I agree Blazes. This film definitely shows Woody's love for jazz. His first great move was getting the great Dick Hyman to compose and arrange all of the music. His second was casting Penn and Samantha Morton. Both of them do a great job with their roles, especially Morton who doesn't utter a single word in the entire film (her character is mute). It's definitely an enjoyable film with great music.

jpfeifer
May 3rd, 2011, 08:17 PM
Yes, I saw this movie and really liked it. It's a great movie.