PDA

View Full Version : Marshall unleashes Lemmy and Paul Weller signature amps!

Robert
March 26th, 2009, 03:41 PM
See

The Lemmy amph - http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productId=124

The Paul Weller amph - http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productId=139

Oh look on the Marshall site - there is an "RR" signature amph! Could it be... they made one for me... ? ... looks closer... oh no it was the Randy Rhoads amp... bummer.... oh well, can always hope, huh?

[The Robert Renman signature Marshall - complete with CanuckSwedish tones!
It will growl like a bear and make your veins pop!]
:D :rotflmao:

mrmudcat
March 26th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Brother you deserve one!!!!!:beer:

The weller one has me :drool:

sunvalleylaw
March 26th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I was playing my very own Plexi Lead 100 last night (my toneport), and using it cleaned up with my strat trying to find those great RR clean marshall tones. :AOK: :AOK: You just might need your own sig. model. The Mack folks might quarrel with that though.

tot_Ou_tard
March 26th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I'm a longtime fan of the Modfather. That's a pretty cool looking amph, but 50 screaming Marshall watts is way to much for me.

markb
March 26th, 2009, 04:40 PM
So the Weller amp is a 50w Plexi combo with two Greenbacks. That must have cost them some late nights in the Marshall R&D dept :whatever:

Ch0jin
March 26th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I was playing my very own Plexi Lead 100 last night (my toneport)

Haha, so you do that too huh. I've started a few conversations with "I was playing around with my SLO and the JCM800 last night.....on my POD of course"

I'm going to keep an eye out for that Lemmy amp though. Maybe the store would do me a deal on a package with that amp and a nice Rickenbacker....

sunvalleylaw
March 26th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Haha, so you do that too huh. Yes I do! And I really enjoy my '59 Bassman as well!

Jimi75
March 27th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Two senseless sigs from Marshall.

The RR is a great amph though.

markb
March 27th, 2009, 02:41 AM
Two senseless sigs from Marshall.

The RR is a great amph though.

Yeah, but you know there's a market for them. We call them collectors :thwap:

Actually I was a bit harsh on the Weller sig. It's a reissue of the model 2100 Lead & Bass and not just a 1987 combo. Time they did the model 1974 in its (superior, IMO) 2x10 variant.

mrmudcat
March 27th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Yeah, but you know there's a market for them. We call them collectors :thwap:

Actually I was a bit harsh on the Weller sig. It's a reissue of the model 2100 Lead & Bass and not just a 1987 combo. Time they did the model 1974 in its (superior, IMO) 2x10 variant.

That is what I was digging!!:D

Handwired ??????:poke:

tunghaichuan
March 27th, 2009, 09:30 AM
That is what I was digging!!:D

Handwired ??????:poke:

Handwired doesn't necessarily mean "non-PCB." The Vox AC-15 "handwired" amp is indeed handwired, but it is built on a PCB.

However, the handwired series from Marshall have been built on turret boards, at least up to this point.

tung

mrmudcat
March 27th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Tung I wasnt sure if it was/is ,so I left the question mark :confused:

tunghaichuan
March 27th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Tung I wasnt sure if it was/is ,so I left the question mark :confused:

Yeah, hard to tell these days. :whatever: Marshall seems proud of the fact that their other handwired amps are built on turret boards, so maybe tese will be, too.

tung