PDA

View Full Version : SD Triple Shot: Brilliant!

marnold
March 27th, 2009, 02:52 PM
I was perusing Seymour Duncan's site and came across these Triple Shot pickup rings (http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/triple-shot/triple_shot_swi/). It's a pickup ring with two mini switches built in. Basically you wire up a four-conductor pickup to it and you can get series, parallel, and cut either coil depending on the position of the switches. Tonal flexibility without drilling into your axe! Looks like they're about $25 a piece. Very slick.

markb
March 27th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Neat! I particularly like the way you can select either coil.

Spudman
March 27th, 2009, 03:39 PM
That's pretty cool. Thanks for posting it. It looks like you'll still need some good quality wire to go from the solder plate to the guitar's controls though.

tot_Ou_tard
March 27th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I think that there was a short mention of those in the latest GP.

marnold
March 27th, 2009, 10:27 PM
That's pretty cool. Thanks for posting it. It looks like you'll still need some good quality wire to go from the solder plate to the guitar's controls though.
Although that picture doesn't show it, if I understood what I read elsewhere correctly, it comes with a two-lead wire to go to the controls. It would seem that this would be an ideal solution for someone interested in the P-Rails pickups that they make. Would be very nice for the Lace 13K/6K Hot Gold dually too.

markb
March 27th, 2009, 10:56 PM
From the picture I'm guessing the pickup wires solder to the pads labelled R, W, G, B and the wires to the controls are soldered to +, _ and gnd. Being able to lift either coil gives you something similar to the PRS 5 way thing where one selection is for outer coils and one for inner coils (both parallel). The outer coils in parallel sound tele-ish while the inner pair are more strat-like. This just allows you every combo imaginable. A lot of switches to manipulate on stage though.

marnold
March 29th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Crappity crap. Now I really want to put a P-Rails in my Fender with one of those. Must . . . not . . . spend . . . money.

By the by, here's another pic of the Triple Shot.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/blackrosecustom/NAMM 2009/TripleRing.jpg

thearabianmage
March 29th, 2009, 09:23 PM
. . . sweeet. . . .