PDA

View Full Version : College Hockey

R_of_G
March 28th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Is anybody else watching any of the NCAA Hockey Championship? Yesterday ESPN-U had three games and ESPN-2 carried another one. I watched two in their entirety and the other two were on simultaneously so I switched back and forth between them.

The final game of the night was the perfect finale for an afternoon/evening of great hockey. Princeton had University of Minnesota Duluth down 4-2 with 39 seconds to go. UMD put one in and you could just feel it coming. With less than one second to go (.8 seconds left I believe) UMD scored the tying goal. They dominated the chances in OT and finally won the game. Quite the exciting finish. That game also happened to coincide nicely with the timing of the end of the Michigan State/Kansas basketball game, allowing me to see the last 6 or 7 minutes of that game where Michigan State mounted their comeback and dismissed the defending champions.

marnold
March 28th, 2009, 08:40 AM
I can't believe Michigan lost to Air Force . . . I didn't even know Air Force HAD a hockey team!

R_of_G
March 28th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I saw that game, and I admit, it was the first I'd ever heard of Air Force having a hockey team too. I couldn't believe what I was watching. It also coincides with the weekend of a major air show here which winds up having flight paths right over my house as I live within miles of an Air Force Base. They were practicing yesterday while I watched that game. It definitely reinforced the whole Air Force thing. :D