PDA

View Full Version : legacy diamond?

Mr Grumpy
March 30th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Having a browse in my local gas station today and chanced across a really pretty Legacy Diamond LP goldtop. Good hardware (emg passive pups, gold hardware, grover tuners, beautiful finish) and it just looked gorgeous. Im going for another look and play tomorrow, I associated them with budget own brand for the now defunct sound control stores but this looks a cut above. I think they are well known in Australia, their website has them at 700 oz dollars which converts to about £340 pounds sterling, the one I saw was a trade but looked brand new - not a single mark could I find. They wanted £199 for it. Any down under fretters shed any light on these and if it may be a good find?

http://www.legacymusic.com.au/_photos/185-med.png

http://www.legacymusic.com.au/products/index.cfm?action=view&id=36

markb
March 30th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I'd be tempted to pull a pickup and check the construction. There's MDF under the paint on some of those cheaper Lester copies. OTOH those oem EMG-HZ pickups don't sound bad at all. I tried a Cort M600 with those a while back and was quite impressed with its tone. In the end if it plays well and sounds good it's a good guitar whatever the price, I'd have bought that Cort if I'd had the spare change (about £250 equivalent new).

Mr Grumpy
April 1st, 2009, 07:12 AM
Well, tried it today and it just didnt feel....right. couldnt put my finger on it, it performed ok but didnt feel comfortable on me. HOWEVER, GAS is an unforgiving mistress and while looking at others in my limited budget I saw a new Yamaha RGX320FZ at the same price and a used Yamah RGXA2 (the white lightweight one with the barrel tuner knobs) in immaculate condition and they wanted £159 for that. I only had the briefest of fiddles with either but the FZ was very pretty (Pewter sparkle) but perhaps a little generic. The A2 on the other hand, while a bit more modern styled than I am used to, had a definite something about it. The strings were shot but it sounded like it had potential, and its quirky which I like. I might have to have a think about that one. Good condition too
Anyone played one of these?