PDA

View Full Version : Holidays....(on a farm...)

Jimi75
March 31st, 2009, 07:16 AM
This saturday we will go on a week long holiday (no Jimi75 posts during that time....yes you will enjoy...hahahahaha). We will live on a farm and my kids will have the chance to take care of the animals the whole day long.....I will not bring a guitar with me...creative break...

I'm hoping for adventurous holidays and I have no doubts the kids will love it.

Robert
March 31st, 2009, 07:19 AM
Cool Jimi, have fun! Maybe you'll get some good inspiration for playing guitar too on that farm.

Spudman
March 31st, 2009, 07:28 AM
That should be a blast for the kids. I used to visit relatives who had farms growing up and eventually ended up growing up on a ranch/farm myself. It's a great lifestyle. Be careful of your hands if you have to do farm work and have a great time.

Jimi75
March 31st, 2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks my friend! I will enjoy it and I am sure to get some inspiration for my music out of that lifestyle. I will definitely watch my hands, had enough probs over the last few weeks as you guys know...

R_of_G
March 31st, 2009, 08:05 AM
Sounds like a great experience for everyone. Enjoy it Jimi!

SuperSwede
March 31st, 2009, 09:34 AM
Have fun Jimi and dont forget to eat lots of knödel (spelling?) saurkraut and bockwurst :)

Jimi75
April 1st, 2009, 05:41 AM
Have fun Jimi and dont forget to eat lots of knödel (spelling?) saurkraut and bockwurst :)

Yes I will! How could I survive without Semmelknödel and Bockwurst!

SuperSwede
April 1st, 2009, 10:04 AM
Yes I will! How could I survive without Semmelknödel and Bockwurst!

Yes that and some :beer:

sunvalleylaw
April 1st, 2009, 10:10 AM
Have fun! Although I like short visits to a city, I much prefer vacations in the country.

kzldLJcorbo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzldLJcorbo
(from another early influence)

oldguy
April 1st, 2009, 10:12 AM
I hope they have milk cows and chickens so you can enjoy fresh milk and eggs! Yum! Freshly made cheese is good too. And butter. And cream.:D

marnold
April 1st, 2009, 11:58 AM
You could sing the P.D.Q. Bach Bluegrass Cantata while you're out there. It ends with this classic line, which I hope I have spelled correctly (probably not).

Das ist ein grosses zehn-vier, guten Kamerad.

circjam
April 3rd, 2009, 05:43 PM
Hey Jimi....I live on a farm...and oh yes...do take a guitar...and after all the chores and fine food..do sit along with family and guests and enjoy some sing along that maybe "they" would enjoy...Ah fresh air...especially on the brain...let everyone have fun....circjam

just strum
April 4th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Don't know if you are gone already, but if you are and don't read this until you get back, I hope you had a good time.

I've made a few "vacation" trips to friends with farms. Being an inner city boy most of my young days, being out on a farm was great. Even when it meant work, there was something relaxing and rewarding about it. The reward was a clear head and some of the best breakfast food I ever had (breakfast being my favorite meal).