PDA

View Full Version : Prince's new albums

Robert
March 31st, 2009, 09:13 AM
Interesting to read this - http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE52T15M20090330

Major sound problems apparently, but that didn't stop him.

Unfortunately, the sound problems continued. Rather than let it ruin the set, Prince turned the show into an old-school house party, inviting fans to the stage to dance and sing covers of "Play That Funky Music" and "Hollywood Swinging." He went back to performing, earnestly sharing the mike with a backup singer on a version of the Beatles' "Come Together."

Has anyone listened to these albums yet? I've heard mostly positive feedback so far.

R_of_G
March 31st, 2009, 10:07 AM
I've not heard the albums yet but I am looking forward to it. The article reinforces what I love about Prince. He's looking to do something different every time he goes out there and he's looking to kill it every time. :AOK:

Robert
March 31st, 2009, 10:23 AM
Here is his new website, by the way:

https://www.lotusflow3r.com/

Quite a different website!

Radioboy950
March 31st, 2009, 02:59 PM
Prince’s recent appearances on Leno blew me away!
I’ve never been huge Prince fan, although I’ve always respected what he does.
Picked up his new release, “Lotusflow3r”, which is just fantastic.
Gave it a good listen on the way to work (a 45 minute commute gives me lots of music time)
Love the guitar work, which ranges from funky, to jazzy, with solos that are tasty and not overdone. Cool textures. Very, very catchy! :AOK:

Robert
March 31st, 2009, 03:31 PM
Oh boy, I'm getting Prince Gas now... :eek:

Tone2TheBone
April 1st, 2009, 06:53 PM
That little boy can rock. I still can't get over how small he is in stature but his talent is larger than life. Rock on Prince you bad ***!

Geraint Jones
April 3rd, 2009, 06:49 PM
I`ve always admired him as a guitarist , just goes to show with that cheap Hohner he bought years ago , its not about what you got , its about what you can do with it .