PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS is cool! Egnater fans

TS808
April 1st, 2009, 07:56 PM
Wow, this looks like an awesome amp. Also available in a 1 x 12 combo.

http://www.egnateramps.com/Rebel30212.html

Spudman
April 1st, 2009, 09:25 PM
Hmmm. Every merchant linked to your link doesn't even list them. I wonder how much they will be. Looks like a smart amph.

http://www.egnateramps.com/images/Rebel302x12.jpg

Rebel 30 combos are an extention of the award-winning Rebel-20 head, adding a whole new level of flexibility and tone-shaping power. These 30-watt all-tube, 2-channel combos feature Egnater’s unique TUBE MIX knob, giving you access to an incredible variety of tones, from American to British and all points in between. Channel 1 delivers rich cleans with controls for volume, treble and bass. Channel 2 dishes out powerful, touch-responsive overdrive with treble, middle and bass EQ, as well as a wide-range gain knob that takes you from growl to scream. Both channels feature Egnater’s signature BRIGHT and TIGHT switches and each channel has its own WATTS knob so you can access both low-wattage crunch and serious clean headroom, or any combination you choose.

The REBEL-30’s specially designed and easily accessible back panel holds more welcome surprises, such as independent REVERB controls for each channel and a tone-preserving series effects loop. A speaker-emulated line out lets you go directly to the board live or in the studio. Set the standby switch to ‘Silent Record’ for great direct-recorded tones that spare both your ears and your neighbors. And the easy-access chassis makes swapping tubes quick and painless. The REBEL-30 is available as a 1x12” combo with the same dimensions as the REBEL-112x cab and as a 2x12” combo. Both include a dual-function footswitch for channel selection and reverb on/off.

Rebel-30 Features
* 30-Watt Tube Combo-Amp
* Birch Construction
* Clean Channel:
— Volume, Bass, Treble
—Variable Wattage Control from 1w to 30w
— Tight and Bright Voicing Switches
* Overdrive Channel:
—Volume, Gain, 3-Band EQ
—Variable Wattage Control from 1w to 30w
—Tight and Bright Voicing Switches
* Tube Mix Blends Between 6V6 and EL84 Power Tubes
* Reverb with Level Setting for Each Channel * Silent Record Allows Recording Without The Speaker(s) Engaged
* Effects Loop
* Cabinet Voiced Line/ Recording Out Using XLR/ 1/4” Combo Connector
* 100V/115V/230V Voltage Selector
* Footswitch for Channel Select and Reverb On/Off
* Custom Voiced Egnater Celestion™ Elite-80 Speakers
* Heavy Duty Casters & Side Handles (Rebel-30 2X12”)
* Rugged Cover Included

tot_Ou_tard
April 2nd, 2009, 05:28 AM
I like the silent record feature. I wonder how it sounds compared to letting the speakers rip.

TS808
April 2nd, 2009, 06:15 AM
Hmmm. Every merchant linked to your link doesn't even list them. I wonder how much they will be. Looks like a smart amph.

The release date for these was initially April, but from what I've read it will more likely be some time in May.

The estimated price for the 112 combo will be $899 and the 212 combo I believe will be in the ballpark of $1099.

What I like about these amps is that you can set the power level for each channel separately.

oldguy
April 2nd, 2009, 06:23 AM
Short demo and interview.......

bbWjeqzGXyk

Fab4
April 2nd, 2009, 12:40 PM
Jeff Hilligan can build an amp but apparently needs to learn how to tune a guitar...

I'll be interested to check the combo out.