PDA

View Full Version : Hey there

Nay
April 1st, 2009, 09:47 PM
Hey guys,
My name is Nate I'm a college student in Ohio. I didn't notice the introduction section till just now, so I've been posting a couple things here and there.

I have been playing music for a while now. I started playing piano in grade school and eventually I quit to concentrate on guitar. I definitely regret quitting piano, but for the past couple years I have been getting back into it. Anyways, I have been playing guitar for about 6 or 7 years now.

I am a big fender guy. However, I definitely do not support their recent price increases...
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat...my most recent purchase. I bought this used for guitar center for $900 with a case and digitech delay pedal. I'm pretty sure new ones are going for close to 1700 now...:confused:

Fender Lite ash strat

Fender Broadcaster reissue...I almost certain this is fake because there is no serial number and I haven't found much info about broadcaster reissues ever since I bought it off my brother. This is my project guitar, I switched out the pickups, tuners, pickup selector switch, and pickgaurd. Right now I'm trying to put in a push/pull pot for phase switching, but I'm having a little trouble. I've been posting about this in the mods/repairs forum, so if anyone has any info let me know!

Epiphone masterbuilt AJ500
Schecter elite-4 bass
Vox ad50vt
digitech delay
digitech bass synth wah

Thats about it for me. I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody!

sunvalleylaw
April 1st, 2009, 10:24 PM
Hi Nav, good to have you here. I started in piano then quit too but did not get back to music til way later. Good on ya for getting back into it piano now. Welcome!

markb
April 1st, 2009, 10:51 PM
Hey, Nay! How about some pics of that "Broadcaster"? The serial number on a legit one would be stamped on the bridge plate.

oldguy
April 2nd, 2009, 04:07 AM
Welcome to TheFret, Nate! Nice introduction, and I agree with you on the Fender price hikes. You made a nice score on that Strat.:AOK:

tot_Ou_tard
April 2nd, 2009, 05:19 AM
Yay Nay!

I admire multi-instrumentalists. Keep on keeping on!

Robert
April 2nd, 2009, 07:14 AM
Hi Nate, welcome to the gang!

Brian Krashpad
April 2nd, 2009, 10:02 AM
Hey, Nay! How about some pics of that "Broadcaster"? The serial number on a legit one would be stamped on the bridge plate.

True dat! I have a '52 RI Tele and that's where you find it.

Welcome Nate.

Gil Janus
April 2nd, 2009, 01:18 PM
Welcome aboard TheFret. You should fit right in here.

Gil :cool:

Nay
April 2nd, 2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks everyone! I will get pics of the broadcaster up as soon as I get it put back together. I can't get the phase switch to work right. Also, there is no serial number on the front of the bridge plate. I haven't checked the back of it though.

markb
April 2nd, 2009, 06:29 PM
Here's a page with a real 1950 Broadcaster. Scroll down a bit to the picture of the bridge. The serial number is stamped just below the "pat. pending" stamp on the bridge plate. Check over the details. I suspect your guitar is a "partscaster" in Broadcaster style.
The only Fender Broadcaster reissue I know of was a limited edition 50th anniversary job. I saw one in a really posh shop once. It was £13,000 but you did get the perspex display case with it. I mean, you wouldn't want to get it damaged by doing something as reckless as playing it now, would you? The Fender Custom Shop may have done some at some point.

Broadcaster link (http://www.jacksonsrareguitars.com/articles/files/a70d6146051536b42a65bd15a2f986ea-10.html)

Nay
April 3rd, 2009, 12:49 PM
Haha ya I did some research right when I got the guitar. I didn't find much but I remember seeing crazy prices. My brother paid $200 for it at guitar center and I paid him the same price. I just wanted a tele, or something that resembled a tele, at the time. A lot of the parts on the guitar when I got it were not what I would consider quality parts.