PDA

View Full Version : Didn't really want to listen to radio thru my compressor

birv2
April 4th, 2009, 10:24 AM
but my Rocktron Big Crush picks em up pretty clearly, at least in my living room in the city.

Any suggestions for fixing this?

:whatever:

Bob

markb
April 4th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Try eliminating your cables first before dumping pedals. I had a curly guitar lead back in the 70's that not only picked up radio stations but could be "tuned" to different frequencies depending on how much you stretched it.

birv2
April 4th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Try eliminating your cables first before dumping pedals. I had a curly guitar lead back in the 70's that not only picked up radio stations but could be "tuned" to different frequencies depending on how much you stretched it.

But why would this pedal be the only one to pick up the stations? Doesn't seem to make sense....

markb
April 4th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Take things out of the system one at a time. Do you always use the same cables to connect that compressor? I'd be surprised if it was the pedal, the best way to unintentionally create an aerial is with a faulty shielded cable. It might be there all the time but you only hear it when the compressor pumps up the signal enough.

mcgreggor57
April 5th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Find out what station and call their Chief Engineer. If they recently made any changes (to power, tower location coverage pattern etc), they're required to help homeowners eliminate interference from their signal for up to one year.

Most engineers are eager to help regardless.

birv2
April 5th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Take things out of the system one at a time. Do you always use the same cables to connect that compressor? I'd be surprised if it was the pedal, the best way to unintentionally create an aerial is with a faulty shielded cable. It might be there all the time but you only hear it when the compressor pumps up the signal enough.

Hadn't thought about that. I'll play with the cables and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions.