PDA

View Full Version : New model ????? Like it or hate it...........

mrmudcat
April 4th, 2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/the-new-raw-power-guitars-401/

I like it(specs) ,but will have to hear it before buying.Will have to put on pup covers:dude:

Gold sg with 24 frets and maple fretboard hmmmmmmmmmmm:thwap:

Guitarist327
April 4th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I'd have to play it first. that's my thing with buying guitars.

Nice find. :AOK:

marnold
April 4th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I like the maple fretboard, but a solid maple Les Paul?!? Does that come with reinforcement rods for your spine? Looks cool though.

mrmudcat
April 4th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I have a solid maple carvin v220 from the 80's rev and it is solid!!!! :master: EL KABONG!!! :dude:

Rocket
April 4th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I prefer fully bound mobile guitars.
Other than that, I could live with a good practice LP holding those specs at the right retail price-point.

oldguy
April 4th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Les Pauls's MSRP $1858......... should go for, what, around $1200 street price?

Rocket
April 4th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Les Pauls's MSRP $1858......... should go for, what, around $1200 street price?
Yup... 60% of list would put discount retail at $1114.80... I'll guess they'll retail somewhere between $1100 & $1200.

tunghaichuan
April 4th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I like the SGs, the Pauls, not so much. They need to make a red SG, though

tung

Plank_Spanker
April 5th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Even tough I'm not big on maple necks, I like the looks of these. I think the '57's were a good choice of pickup - tame some of the brightness from the maple.

Solid maple? It would feel like a cinder block hung from your shoulders. I'll bet the Les Pauls are chambered.

just strum
April 5th, 2009, 06:37 AM
I've stereotype guitars and all humbuckers on a Strat, maple necks on LP's and SG's just don't make it in my book. Sort of like going against the laws of nature.

Thumbs down is the vote from Northern Ohio.

tot_Ou_tard
April 5th, 2009, 06:41 AM
If they play well & sound good they'd work for me.

Tibernius
April 5th, 2009, 06:42 AM
I've stereotype guitars and all humbuckers on a Strat, maple necks on LP's and SG's just don't make it in my book. Sort of like going against the laws of nature.

Same here.
I saw some really nice Gordon Smith LP-style guitars once, well made, good quality parts and dounded great. But maple fretboards. :puke: Way out of my price range anyway but they just looked wrong.

ZMAN
April 5th, 2009, 07:29 AM
No on the maple neck, yes on the 57 classics. A solid maple guitar. First baseball bats now guitars. I would have to see one in real life. You can't tell by the pictures. You can hardly see the position markers.
The price is where they should be though.

Big K
April 5th, 2009, 10:24 AM
big maple neck fan but something isn't right on an LP or SG?

ragnarpk
April 5th, 2009, 11:11 AM
i have to partially agree with the maple neck comments, but i dunno... i think they look pretty awesome.. i'd buy them if i had a bit of an excess of $$$

ragnarpk
April 5th, 2009, 11:13 AM
actually, i'm lying. i wouldnt buy the sg. i decided i hate their shape.

Plank_Spanker
April 5th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I will definitely have to play one if I see it. There is a player in my area playing a maple neck LP that I have jammed and gigged with. His guitar sounds fantastic through his old Fender Twin - but he's more of a country picker.

Auriemma
April 7th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I like the over all look, but when I think maple neck, I think Strat or Tele... Not Les Paul. How much of that warm crunch is lost with a maple neck?

I too would have to play one to give a final, though very personal, judgement.

mrmudcat
May 23rd, 2009, 09:32 PM
ok if ya'll had to choose color between gold or aquamarine. which one.........not saying im going to buy one @ $998.. just pondering.......:thwap: ;)

Katastrophe
May 24th, 2009, 03:21 AM
I dunno, I kinda like 'em, with the Pauls getting the edge in looks for me.

Mudcat, I'd go for the gold out of the two you mentioned, but I like the black one the most.

player
May 24th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Was looking for something for someone and came across this page .Yes they are made here.http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/103577116/GIBSON_LES_PAUL_GUITAR.html page 3 looks awfully familar and the price is not too shabby.US$649.00 USAbut like anything else I'd have to get my mitts on it Signature Zakk Wylde LP? found one in here too.

oldguy
May 25th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Those are phony copies, probably chinese. A local guitar shop here has a 6/12 string doubleneck "Gibsun", but at least they're honest enough to call it a "chinese gibson copy"!

(Sorry, Mark, but don't think there's any gen-u-wine USA made Les Pauls out there for $650........ if there are..........grab 'em quick!):)

player
May 25th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Those are phony copies, probably chinese. A local guitar shop here has a 6/12 string doubleneck "Gibsun", but at least they're honest enough to call it a "chinese gibson copy"!

(Sorry, Mark, but don't think there's any gen-u-wine USA made Les Pauls out there for $650........ if there are..........grab 'em quick!):)
at that site there was a few options.one being where to look to buy from.picked USA and the link put up was the result.Glenn if I had 650 to spend I would check it out as long as a $ back guarantee came with it/them.absolutely about the chinese.saw those at that site too when searching for of all things info on a Global guitar someone has.