PDA

View Full Version : Life without you...

thekiwidisciple
April 5th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Tomorrow (6/4) is the 4th anniversary of the death of my Nana. Her name was Steph and she was a very lovely lady. She died at age 56, a couple of weeks short of a highly-anticipated trip to Australia to visit us. I last saw her when I was 11, and was 12 when she passed away from a Brain Haemorrhage. Obviously, losing her was very hard, but in the years between 2005 and now, I haven't struggled too hard. Lately, however, it's been really hard, and I don't really want Monday to come around.

Last night I found myself on youtube looking through some clips of SRV's live work when I came across this one. It hit me hard and brought me to tears.

JGrz6U4979c

Lyrics:

Life Without You - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Oh oh now baby, tell me how have you been
We all have missed you, and the way you grin
The day is necessary, every now and then
For souls to move on, givin' life back again, and again
Fly on fly on, fly on my friend
Go on, live again love again

Day after day, night after night
Sittin' here singin' every minute,
as the years go passing by, by, by, by
Long look in the mirror, we've come face to face
Wishin' all the love we took for granted,
love we have today

Life without you, all the love you passed my way
The angels have waited for so long, now they have their way
Take your place

--------------------------------------

As I'm sure I've mentioned a few times, I'm still working on the design for my new Warmoth Telecaster. It's going to be a tribute to Steph. The front of the guitar is nearly finished. The back, however, is going to have the last verse of that song burnt, probably on the top horn of the guitar, in my handwriting. The pickups have been custom made by Mick Brierley, and are going in the post tomorrow.

Just thought I'd share that. Enjoy the song.:beer: