PDA

View Full Version : Boston Marathon... anybody here running..?

poodlesrule
April 5th, 2009, 06:38 AM
BM coming up soon..

Er, ahem.... anybody here running?

(Route 16 is local to me :-) )

Robert
April 5th, 2009, 07:57 AM
2 of my friends here in my town are going. I ran last year

Are you running?

poodlesrule
April 5th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Are you running?

I am afraid this is beyond my capabilities.

Locally, as we start to see and notice serious-looking jogger/runners all over the place, one does not need to look at the calendar to know race day is coming!!

Rocket
April 5th, 2009, 11:02 AM
...anybody here running?
Are you serious? I wouldn't run to phone 911 if my scrote was on fire!

just strum
April 5th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Are you serious? I wouldn't run to phone 911 if my scrote was on fire!

Sig material!

Robert
April 5th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I will probably do this marathon again within the next few years.

just strum
April 5th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I will probably do this marathon again within the next few years.

Have you ever estimated how many miles or kilometers you ran, including workouts and marathons?

Robert
April 5th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Have you ever estimated how many miles or kilometers you ran, including workouts and marathons?

Not throughout my whole life, but you can look at the last few years statistics on my running log website -

http://run.dolphinstreet.com/robert-stats.php.

just strum
April 5th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Not throughout my whole life, but you can look at the last few years statistics on my running log website -

http://run.dolphinstreet.com/robert-stats.php.

I was about to post "That must be a lot of shoes", but then I see you tracked that too.

Robert
April 5th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Ya, I'm a stats nerd too. :)

sunvalleylaw
April 5th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I nearly qualified once a long time ago. No such plans this year. But I do plan on getting out on the track and field for some training including intervals and form drills and some trail running here and there.

ZMAN
April 7th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I went a couple of years ago, not to run just to spectate. Man it was a blast. The city of Boston is as always a great town, and the way the people receive it is wonderful. We stayed in Cambridge, and visited people who lived on Beacon hill. They reserved us a great place near the finish line. We saw that fellow who pushed his son in a wheel chair the whole way. It brought tears to our eyes. You could hear the roar from miles away as he came to the finish line. And that finish line is something to see as well. We had lunch at Abe and Louies steakhouse on Boylston steet and it was excellent. Over all a great time.