PDA

View Full Version : A Little non-Guitar Thing for ZMAN

just strum
April 5th, 2009, 10:16 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29978094/

ZMAN
April 7th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks JS. I have seen that car close up. It was at our Camaro Nationals last year in Niagara Falls. I am seriously thinking of getting one. It would mean that I have to sell my 68 and that might be hard. I would love to have one of the SS models with the 6.2 litre motor. I have been following it quite closely. A couple of my friends have been working on the car at our local GM plant. They were all hush hush about the motor options. The V6 will have 304 horse power and get 29 miiles to the US gallon, probably 35 to the Imperial gallon.
My Desktop picture is the silver one and I have had it for over a year. It really does have a lot of the 69 in it but the rear is a little bit bobbed for my liking.
The interior has kept a lot of the 69 styling to it with modern gauges though.
It will be an interesting launch, especially if GM goes into Bankrupcy protection.
Sorry I didn't see the post sooner. And of course make mine Black/Black with the 20 inch Chrome wheels.

Blaze
April 7th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks JS. I have seen that car close up. It was at our Camaro Nationals last year in Niagara Falls. I am seriously thinking of getting one. It would mean that I have to sell my 68 and that might be hard. I would love to have one of the SS models with the 6.2 litre motor. I have been following it quite closely. A couple of my friends have been working on the car at our local GM plant. They were all hush hush about the motor options. The V6 will have 304 horse powre and get 29 miiles to the US gallon, probably 35 to the Imperial gallon.
My Desktop picture is the silver one and I have had it for over a year. It really does have a lot of the 69 in it but the rear is a little bit bobbed for my liking.
The interior has kept a log of the 69 styling to it with modern gauges though.
It will be an interesting launch, especially if GM goes into Bankrupcy protection.
Sorry I didn't see the post sooner. And of course make mine Black/Black with the 20 inch Chrome wheels.

No Hybrid Camaro yet :D :D

Spudman
April 7th, 2009, 12:35 PM
No Hybrid Camaro yet :D :D

They have an electric coming soon.:D

ZMAN
April 7th, 2009, 02:33 PM
The only problem is the 500 mile extension cord.

sunvalleylaw
April 7th, 2009, 03:17 PM
cBio5LwNHQ4&feature=related;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBio5LwNHQ4&feature=related

The camaro was my favorite 60's muscle car. I was not a mustang guy, though I do now like a nicely restored fastback. This remake looks like they put a little GTO into the grill or something.

ZMAN
April 8th, 2009, 06:59 AM
cBio5LwNHQ4&feature=related;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBio5LwNHQ4&feature=related

The camaro was my favorite 60's muscle car. I was not a mustang guy, though I do now like a nicely restored fastback. This remake looks like they put a little GTO into the grill or something.
Actually what they were going for in the grille was the "egg crate" style of the 69. They were called that because of their looks and they were also very fragile. If you comapre the this to the new one you can see the styling Qs that were taken from the 69. This is one I owned. It had 31,000 miles and I sold it about 5 years ago. All original power train.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/69Camaro30000miles.jpg

sunvalleylaw
April 8th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Yeah, I remember those and did not forget about them. A good look. The overall style gave me just a bit of a GTO feel too though for some reason, at least by my faulty memory. A buddy of mine, when we were in high school in like 79-80, had about the same year Firebird in metallic green with the blacked out grill in place of the egg crate, with the lights that rolled in. It was a cool looking car too. He had the motor and exhaust set up so that the motor would spit sometimes burning oil out the rear end for a few weeks once. His car was definitely a project. :thwap:

ZMAN
April 8th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Blow by, nothing that a new set of rings wouldn't fix. The beauty of the newer ones is that you will have style and yet be able to drive it anywhere.
There are some limitations to driving a 40 year old car on any long trips. They don't have a diagnostic computer if something goes wrong. Parts can be an issue also on the road. A lot of guys are doing resto-mods on their old cars and putting newer drive trains in them. You get the best of both worlds.
I know a lot of guys can't wait to get their new Camaro. They may be a one year deal though, depending on what happens with GM.