PDA

View Full Version : A quick apology, and an explanation

oldguy
July 27th, 2006, 08:57 PM
First off, I work construction and only come home on the weekends. So to all the new members I've failed to welcome...WELCOME! Sorry I don't keep up with the new posts too well. I'm also quite computer challenged and can't always post clips as I'd like to, but I'm working on that. Got home tonight and read Justa's post on his loss. Broke my heart.
This is the best site I've seen for guitar lovers. From beginner to pro, everyone here is supportive, understanding, and has a wonderful LACK of ego.
Music, to me, is a language. One everyone understands. When you play an Am, Cmaj7th, etc., the person listerning immediately gets it.
Whether you live in Canada,Brasil, Puerto Rico,Sweden, etc., makes no difference. Whether you speak English, Spanish, Chinese, makes no difference.Thank you, Robert, for thefret.net. Thank you, members, for the chance to get to know all of you. I'm not even sure what an "avatar" is, but I'll work on that. One thing I do know is when so many support each other as they do on thefret, good things are gonna happen.
Sorry to be so long-winded, as they say in the midwest.
Peace and love, and may you always be in tune.
Glenn Hughes

Robert
July 27th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Thanks, that is a great post! We have a nice group of pals here. Feel free to ask anything if you need any help.

I am sure get this all the time, but I gotta say your name is pretty awesome!

oldguy
July 27th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Thank you so much, Robert. My name is just quite coincidental, and as I'm 51 yrs old, not really so awesome, just...fate? LOL:D
I don't know. I just know this is the best site I've ever run across (and I've seen plenty) where people share and care about music and each other. It's almost as though the best teachers and students happened to stumble across each other here on YOUR site!!!:D
Now, THAT is AWESOME!:D
Glenn

tremoloman
July 28th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Oldguy,

Thank you for the compliments on the board! Robert and I were unhappy with the previous board we used to hang out since it was run like a Nazi. We decided to do something about it and start thefret.net

Every member I've had the pleasure of sharing correspondence with here has been outgoing, eager to help, and maintain a positive attitude. There are a number of highly knowledgeable people here that are happy to share anything they can to help one another. I try to do my best to help others, but I don’t have near the skillset that Robert and many of the others here have.

Have a great day and keep hammering away on your axe!

Justaguyin_nc
August 4th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Got home tonight and read Justa's post on his loss. Broke my heart.
This is the best site I've seen for guitar lovers. From beginner to pro, everyone here is supportive, understanding, and has a wonderful LACK of ego.
Music, to me, is a language. One everyone understands.
Glenn Hughes

You are 100% right Oldguy.. I would not and did not post that message anyplace but here.. because it seems so supportive... and is.. this is the place to laugh.. listen.. read and learn as far as I am concerned.. now I am gonna go practice some more and more and more..:)

Tim
August 4th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Good to hear from you again Oldguy. When you have a bunch of fine guys running a fabulous web forum, your going to keep hearing wonderful things said about it. Did anybody mention this site has at the present time 1,128 – threads: 11,628 posts: 152 members of which 65 are active? This is a fine web site in deed.