PDA

View Full Version : Passed my Heart Stress Test!

ZMAN
April 7th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I recently went for a check up and my doctor had changed my blood pressure meds. I told him I was having some issues and he said I should go for a stress test. Now this seemed a little strange since I play hockey twice a week for 2 hours at a time and I am a regular hiker in our local club.
Of course you start thinking something must be wrong.
I breezed through the test and they actually had to stop the treadmill because I had gone way over the alotted time.
The cardiologist looked at my charts and asked my why I was here?
That made me feel good. I got a clean bill of health and I am a happy camper.
Now if we could just do something about the SNOW! I hear ya Strummy.
I am surprised my readings weren't higher. The nurse was a lovely little blonde lady. The only thing that bothered me was when they had to sand paper my chest to get the electrodes on.

Blaze
April 7th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I recently went for a check up and my doctor had changed my blood pressure meds. I told him I was having some issues and he said I should go for a stress test. Now this seemed a little strange since I play hockey twice a week for 2 hours at a time and I am a regular hiker in our local club.
Of course you start thinking something must be wrong.
I breezed through the test and they actually had to stop the treadmill because I had gone way over the alotted time.
The cardiologist looked at my charts and asked my why I was here?
That made me feel good. I got a clean bill of health and I am a happy camper.
Now if we could just do something about the SNOW! I hear ya Strummy.
I am surprised my readings weren't higher. The nurse was a lovely little blonde lady. The only thing that bothered me was when they had to sand paper my chest to get the electrodes on.

Good for you Z ..sand_paper hein !! Ooouch ..
..Wonder if The Strum had passed his tests..

Take care!

just strum
April 7th, 2009, 03:01 PM
:aok:

ZMAN
April 7th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Yes Sandpaper, and they make you sign a release that says the chance of a heart attack is very slight. WTF. And they also tell you that they may have to sandpaper you to get a good contact for the electrodes. LOL.
All in all I still feel pretty good, I was a little worried. My Dad has had quad bypass and a new heart valve. I have been trying like hell to stay away from that. I exercise, eat really healthy and watch my weight.

just strum
April 7th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Yes Sandpaper, and they make you sign a release that says the chance of a heart attack is very slight.

I remember the first time I had a stress test after my HT. They made me sign the release, put me on the tread mill and put me through the paces (faster and increased incline). They slowed it down for a "cool down" and when the nurse came over to turn it off, she actually turned it to high speed and was walking away. I yell out "hey, what the hell are you doing" and she turns around, yells something like "Oh my God, I'm so sorry"

I then realized why they really have you sign that paper.

luvmyshiner
April 7th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Hey Strummy . . . did you have to study to pass that test?:poke:

just strum
April 7th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Hey Strummy . . . did you have to study to pass that test?:poke:

Sort of, had to walk a couple of miles every day. I was told to start doing it again - If it would ever stop ------ snowing!!!

Katastrophe
April 7th, 2009, 10:23 PM
I am surprised my readings weren't higher. The nurse was a lovely little blonde lady.

All that treadmill stuff was just for show. The blonde nurse was the real test. ;)

Good on ya, Zman. I doubt I could pass one of those things, with the way my eating habits have gotten worse.

street music
April 8th, 2009, 04:39 AM
congrats Z, now if Strum will get all the snow moved he can get his exercise.

ZMAN
April 8th, 2009, 06:48 AM
All that treadmill stuff was just for show. The blonde nurse was the real test. ;)

Good on ya, Zman. I doubt I could pass one of those things, with the way my eating habits have gotten worse.
Yes I kind of wondered when she said "OK lay on this bed and roll onto you side." She then got in a chair and reached around me and started moving the ultra sound wand on my chest. It has been a long time since I had a lovely young blonde with her arm wrapped around me in a bed. LOL.
I was thinking I just love this health care system in Canada.
BTW JS I woke up to more snow today with a forcast of 9C today (48f) and the same for the rest of the week. So if you need a respite from the snow come on up I-90 and get out of that snowbelt.