PDA

View Full Version : Neat SRV interview

Mark
July 27th, 2006, 09:54 PM
If you have'nt seen this one its worth a look see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZoX6Q0UK8A&search=GUITAR%20LESSON

oldguy
July 27th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Thank you, Mark! He was one of a kind! Excellent video!
Glenn

Spudman
July 27th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Ya! That was great. It was nice to see him so well composed and articulate in his speaking. Big difference from before his scare. I can relate totally. Great message. Listen up kids! Get off the drugs and stick to just the sex and rock n roll.:D

Mark
July 28th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Yea I almost didnt recognize him at first. The man had some chops. I feel fortunate I got to see him at the Hollywood Palladium around 1985 its a small venue stood about 25 feet from him with both of my feet and jaw planted on the ground. He left us too early, they got one helluva band up there in heaven.

duhvoodooman
July 28th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Cool! I thought I'd seen just about everything with SRV, but that was a new one on me! Thanks!!

tremoloman
July 28th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Nice video! Youtube really has a ton of cool stuff on it!

Tone2TheBone
July 28th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Stevie Ray. I stood in the very front of the stage back in 1984 with my friend Del Puckett when Stevie was starting out after already becoming well known in a long since torn down venue (Civic Auditorium) here in town. I will always remember when he started playing his set. The lights were still on in the auditorium while Stevie came out and blazed some of the most righteous blues licks you'd ever hear and he stomped on his Tubescreamer making sure all was right just before the lights went out and the announcer asked us all to "please welcome from Austin Texas, Stevie Ray Vaughan". Here in New Mexico at this particular auditorium 3 huge strands of "red chile ristras" hung high from the ceiling in front of the stage in front and below the US flag and the State of NM flag and I can distinctly remember to this day the dust falling from the ceiling as he began playing.

http://www.newmexicophotos.com/compucards/photos/row-of-ristras.jpg

I will NEVER forget the image of that moment, forever imprinted in my mind forever. Thank you Stevie.

SuperSwede
July 29th, 2006, 02:51 AM
That link didnt work for me tone..

Tone2TheBone
July 31st, 2006, 11:03 AM
SS - Well it worked for me the day I posted it and it was coooool. ;)

SuperSwede
July 31st, 2006, 12:36 PM
tone, still getting some kind of error page... how sad ;)

Tone2TheBone
July 31st, 2006, 12:46 PM
I'll color you a picture. :)

SuperSwede
July 31st, 2006, 12:58 PM
Thank you dear. :)

I would be completely satisfied with a oil painting, just do your best and sign it with Rembrant please? :D

Tone2TheBone
July 31st, 2006, 01:23 PM
Who you dearing! :P

I don't do drwarwings.