PDA

View Full Version : We all know that its true.

SuperSwede
July 28th, 2006, 05:41 AM
http://www.duckandcover.cx/gallery/albums/1940s_and_1950s_Advertisements/lard1.jpg

Just a reminder from the Lard Information Council.

tremoloman
July 28th, 2006, 07:18 AM
I love these old advertisements!

Spudman
July 28th, 2006, 08:33 AM
I wish I still had my old Captain Lard costume from the 60's. I used to go all over the place with it on and I got nothing but respect from everyone...because they knew the truth.

That I'm nuts.

Iago
July 28th, 2006, 08:35 AM
whta the hell is lard? hehehe

Tone2TheBone
July 28th, 2006, 11:16 PM
My recollection comes from a blue on blue box containing the alleged substance which for all intents and purposes has since become obsolete.....we can only hope. I also remember the ending of one of my favorite movies (House Guest with Sinbad and the late GREAT Phil Hartman) singing the praises of "lard" in the end titles to the traditional Christmas song..."The Twelve Days of Christmas". *thumbs up*

SuperSwede
July 29th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Look! A four (4!) tube notebook...

http://www.duckandcover.cx/gallery/albums/1940s_and_1950s_Advertisements/optitronics.jpeg

Robert
November 21st, 2006, 07:33 PM
Man I wish I could get that notebook! You can post on this forum with it, email your friends AND play some screaming lead guitar through it! Now, if that's not the number one Christmas gift, I'm lost.

tot_Ou_tard
November 21st, 2006, 07:38 PM
4-tube notebook powered by LARD!

I wish I still had my old Captain Lard costume from the 60's. I used to go all over the place with it on and I got nothing but respect from everyone...because they knew the truth.
That I'm nuts.

Anybody else have the sneaking suspicion that a Cap'n Lard costume consists of slathering lard all over ones nekkid body.

Spudman
November 21st, 2006, 09:52 PM
The truth will be in my new book "If I Had Put Lard On My Body, This Is How I Would Have Done It."

Now where did I put that glove?

SuperSwede
November 22nd, 2006, 03:35 AM
Man I wish I could get that notebook! You can post on this forum with it, email your friends AND play some screaming lead guitar through it! Now, if that's not the number one Christmas gift, I'm lost.

Just think of the smile on your kids face when they open the package and see their new OPTI-ONICS 4-tube notebook! Powered by 4x EL84!

I wonder why they dont make computers with round displays anymore?

Spudman
November 22nd, 2006, 07:31 AM
I wonder why they dont make computers with round displays anymore?

Because they would only work with Mac's!

tot_Ou_tard
November 22nd, 2006, 08:20 AM
What year is that 4-tube ad from? From the sound of the copy, it is a video recorder. I doubt that what Johnny really wanted was to record his teacher & then play her back at home so he could learn better.

Perhaps he had transferred his Oedipus complex to the buxom young lady just out of the State College teacher's program.

Fire up them tubes Johnny, it time to learn math!!!