PDA

View Full Version : The quest for more distortion

pes_laul
April 9th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Hey all,

SO I really like my amp but with my DS-1 I cant get the hard distortion that I used to. I can crank the gain on my amp but that annihilate my clean sounds (even if I roll back I dont like the faint grit)

So any suggestions on how to get more? maybe a new pedal, or ne pups?

sumitomo
April 9th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Where's Tung he's the man of distortion! Sumi:D

Rocket
April 9th, 2009, 11:55 AM
BSIAB2 Kit @ generalguitargadgets.com

Spudman
April 9th, 2009, 12:28 PM
A kit might be a good way to go if you have the skills.

My choice is either the Radial Tonebone Classic or Hot British pedals. You will have no shortage of distortion.

Mr Grumpy
April 9th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Try a Danelectro Black paisley pedal:eek: got mine for £20 off ebay, gain a-plenty. :dude:

Blaze
April 9th, 2009, 02:27 PM
This one sounds big

go-ilMukOT4

pes_laul
April 9th, 2009, 02:28 PM
A kit might be a good way to go if you have the skills.

My choice is either the Radial Tonebone Classic or Hot British pedals. You will have no shortage of distortion.
jeez they certainly dont give that tonebone away..

Hey spud I got a question: could the tonebone get like a sort of Grungyish nirvana tone? and is it noisy?

Blaze
April 9th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I d say,this is the mean machine and so much tones variety..I d like this one ..

HEX_zCWABbY&feature

Kazz
April 9th, 2009, 06:32 PM
while I have not heard one....I am gassing for the one that Rocket tossed out....the Brown Sound In A Box.

Plank_Spanker
April 9th, 2009, 06:45 PM
This one sounds big

go-ilMukOT4

I'm in with this. Radial products are excellent and very high quality. The Plexi Tube can be be set to face melting levels. :D

sumitomo
April 9th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Hey Pes you never told us if you had a name for your band.Well I have a name for a hard rockin band Outdoor Dogs,yea you can call your first album In Heat! Sumi:D

pes_laul
April 10th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Hey Pes you never told us if you had a name for your band.Well I have a name for a hard rockin band Outdoor Dogs,yea you can call your first album In Heat! Sumi:D
actually were called To Be Announced or TBA

tunghaichuan
April 10th, 2009, 01:59 PM
could the tonebone get like a sort of Grungyish nirvana tone? and is it noisy?

Pes,

I just got a Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion the other day. Apparently, Kurt Cobain used one when in Nirvana. The pedal has a normal mode and a boosted mode. The normal mode sounds like a DS-1 to my ear. The boosted mode has that "cocked wah" sound with boosted gain and mids. In fact, it sounds a lot like the DOD Grunge pedal, but better. If you want the Nirvana sound, check into the DS-2.

tung

sumitomo
April 10th, 2009, 03:01 PM
actually were called To Be Announced or TBA

TBA there ya go good name that will keep em guessin. Sumi:D:rockon: